PDA

View Full Version : A Bad Date ??? A warning from farang who was robbed...

travelerjim
May 21st, 2008, 19:47
A Bad Date ??? A warning...
as posted by a farang who was robbed...
posting made on GayBoyThailand...and GayRomeo.

http://gayboythailand.com/bangkok-thailand/bad-date/

http://www.gayromeo.com/KAI2009_Robber

The farang who has posted this warning says:

"I am the Farang who got robbed....

I created this profile to warn other people about this Gangster here:
His Nickname is Kai and he robbed me in a Hotel and then walked away.

He is dangerous and be carefully when you meet him.

He looks much older in person as on the pictures and have some scars in the face.

I guess that he is around 43-45 years old.

for more information ...read here:

http://www.gayromeo.com/KAI2009_Robber

-----------------------------------------------

allieb
May 21st, 2008, 20:04
What a great thing this guy did in warning others. It would be a good Idea if we had a rogues gallery where everyone who had this kind of experience could post pics of the robber assuming they have his pic.

Narakmak
May 21st, 2008, 20:15
Thanks for the warning.
However, I don't think most of us would be going with such a thug, even for a deep discount. That pic looks scary. I can't understand the attraction!

painai2
May 21st, 2008, 23:19
I seem to remember Cruising for Sex or similar site that had such a listing of bad news boys. Maybe time to bring it back.

May 21st, 2008, 23:35
Notice his response to the safer sex question is "needs discussion". If that doesnt put someone off then nothing will.

May 22nd, 2008, 00:26
[
What a great thing this guy did in warning others. It would be a good Idea if we had a rogues gallery where everyone who had this kind of experience could post pics of the robber assuming they have his pic.

Does that not fly in the face of Smile's recent post suggesting that alleged pedo postings are banned? I would have thought that if an alleged pedo is given protection then so should an alleged robber/thief until they have been proven guilty.

Otherwise there is not only plently of scope for anyone with a grudge to name, post allegations about and publish a photo of someone they wish to harm but also consequences for the board owner for permitting publication of what may be untrue.

It is very easy to create an anonymous profile on Gay Romeo or any other website and then not only name somebody but also accuse them of being a thug/robber without having to back up those accusations with hard evidence.

netrix
May 22nd, 2008, 00:50
It is very easy to create an anonymous profile on Gay Romeo or any other website and then not only name somebody but also accuse them of being a thug/robber without having to back up those accusations with hard evidence.

I agree. I was surprised when I saw it yesterday before Jim spammed
it here that Silom Farang at gayboythailand posted this link on his blog
as well (unless he knows the accuser personally).

This board is often nothing more than a constant bitchfest and venue
for smear campaigns for bored bitter queens with an agenda, or people
trying to outdo each other with the latest "scoop."

*yawn*

Diec
May 22nd, 2008, 05:33
It's hard for me to believe that most people in thier 60's and 70's are so concerned about sex, who I feel are the main cotributors on this board. Dosen't anyone care about just sharing love and conversation anymore? My future husband and I often just snuggle together, tell stories, and fall asleep in each others arms.

May 22nd, 2008, 11:23
Maybe its a regression thing LOL. You start out as a idealistic teen looking for "true love", graduate into a wild sex machine in your 20's and 30s, settle down in your 40's and 50s'. Then end up alone in your 60's and 70's and try to recapture your youth by returning to Sex as your number one concern. Kinda sad if this is true....

zinzone
May 22nd, 2008, 11:44
Congratulations to travellerjim for his posting and this topic.

I think it is a good idea to have a 'rogue's gallery' as another poster suggested as lets' be frank we ought to stick together and help each other as in the same way the Thai's appear to do amongst themselves.

May I ask the OP whether he has made a police report etc. and any outcome?

I assume the people who run this forum ought to be satisfied that any rogue who is "named and shamed" is not being falsely accused, though it appears obvious in the present instance that the accusation is both genuine and justified.

allieb
May 22nd, 2008, 13:08
The problem is knowing beyond doubt which are genuine complaints and which are not, as you say. There are plenty of vindictive people out there, and just because its a farang doesn't mean its genuine. Is it right to post photos and details about a guy just on the say-so of one unhappy farang?

I think the way to do it is to post our story about a who we think is a bad boy along with his picture and our picture. It would have to be serious enough for a farang to want to post about a boy and reveal his own identity also. By the same token a Thai boy may want to post a bad happening with a farang along with both pics. There seem to be enough judges, jurors and executioners on this forum to deal with it

dave_tf-old
May 22nd, 2008, 13:23
There are also enough kangaroo courts, lynch mobs and conspiracy theorists. It's a terrible idea, so of course somebody will do it.

May 22nd, 2008, 17:29
Does that not fly in the face of Smile's recent post suggesting that alleged pedo postings are banned? I would have thought that if an alleged pedo is given protection then so should an alleged robber/thief until they have been proven guilty.

Otherwise there is not only plently of scope for anyone with a grudge to name, post allegations about and publish a photo of someone they wish to harm but also consequences for the board owner for permitting publication of what may be untrue.

And for once, N but N, I totally agree with you!

I think the way to do it is to post our story about a who we think is a bad boy along with his picture and our picture

And just how would you know the picture being posted was of the poster? What an incredibly stupid suggestion.

... it appears obvious in the present instance that the accusation is both genuine and justified.

"Obvious" on what grounds - the word of a totally anonymous poster who knows the alleged robber's ID number, who has evidently "known him" on a number of occasions, yet makes no hint that the incident has been reported to the Police? The only thing "obvious" here is that nothing is obvious.

================================================== ===

Ikarus: I can bring the quote if necessary (8 May); Lunchtime O' Booze: give me time I will get the figures (20 May)

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 22nd, 2008, 20:00
Maybe its a regression thing LOL. ..... settle down in your 40's and 50s'..... Then end up alone in your 60's and 70's and try to recapture your youth ....

this reminds me so much of the George Bernard Shaw story when he said at the dinner party "I must go home now if I'm to keep my youth" at which the hostess replied "bring him with you next time".

"He looks much older in person as on the pictures and have some scars in the face.
I guess that he is around 43-45 years old. "

this guy really looks like rough trade .