PDA

View Full Version : gay torremolinos

thaiguest
May 18th, 2008, 20:47
The offer of a free apartment for a week in Malaga has brought me to Spain. I would like to tell you some of my adventures in Gay Costa del Sol.
My week here has lessened a little bit my pining for Thailand. Oh! how I miss Lek, Lock, Toon, Tai, Ton (charming bar), Ton (Nature boys), Nook and Ya.
Torremole├▒os is the centre of gay life in Costa del Sol and the gay centre of there is a district called Nogalera- a minute┬┤s walk from the Renfe train station. I┬┤m told there are 32 gay bars in this town but I didn't get around to all of them but I tried my best. Had I not been drinking I probably would have managed it. First I went straight to an old haunt of mine; Arcos Bar but to my horror I found it closed down. It used be run by a genial German and his brooding Spanish boyfriend.
It was there I met the most beautiful boy alive; Ali. Ali was a tall, slim "Moroc" from Marakesh. He had the face of a lamb and the endownment of a camel. (The exact opposite of the arabs now encirling Sunnee Plaza with their charcoal fires.). Right then and there I missed him almost as much as Lot, Rit, Sharat, Tim and Noi.(JJJ)

There are 2 bars in Nogalera offering boys for long or short time; Golden bar and Sauna. I hadn't even sipped my first San Miguel in Golden bar when I was enclosed within a posse of Romanians. Each one took a liking to a different body part of mine. I decided that the foregoing of a bottle of beer was a small price to pay for a bit of peace, so I left pronto. I went from there to Sauna Bar but it was a case of going from the frying pan into the fire. I was greeted there by a lone handsome boy called Christian who also happened to be from Romania.
He got straight to the point and explained that if I wanted ┬┤fun┬┤ the room would be 12 euros (600 baht) and that he would have to get 50 euros (2500 baht). He pointed out that he was active, not passive and that he would like a drink or two as well.
I hadn't time to even think about it when there arrived in three burly Romanians led by PETER. The last one in, closed the door firmly and Peter shook my hand, clapped my back and asked me for a beer for him and his friends. He also rushed to tell me that thay hadn┬┤t eaten all day and that they would be very grateful for a donation to put this situation right. Finally he informed that he was a proud Romanian gypsy.
Now, if you┬┤re into folk who're into boiling big pots of (stolen) sheep deep in the Dacian woods, then you're into
Romanian gypsies.
The atmosphere had suddenly become somewhat threatening and right then and there did I sorely miss the secure comfort of Happy bar, La Cage, Bonny massage, Corner bar, Panorama bar and Crazy Dragon. I looked to the barman for some re-assurance but he seemed like the type who wouldn't have the spunk to call the soon -to- be -required ambulance. PETER was getting more menacing by the second so I decided to put on a brave face. I told him as firmly as my quivering lips would allow that the only money I carried was about to go to Christian as we had both just now agreed on a massage. As this was news to Christian he perked up and said something in what was probably Romanian Cant. Whatever he said caused Peter to move away and sit down.

So I ended up with a 'short time' with Christian by default and I can tell you it wasn┬┤t at all bad. Un-wrapped he was even more handsome than clothed and he went on to give me a very erotic body to body massage. I gave him a 20 euro tip for massaging my hide and saving my skin.

Up the street from Sauna Bar is an arcade containing 6 bars; Men┬┤s bar, Eagle bar, De Lirio, Bar Bacchus (bear bar), Innova ( this one has┬┤house┬┤music- whatever that means) and the best bar I┬┤ve ever been in- PARTHENON..
PARTHENON is a funky, happy place, full of young locals who are to be admired but not partaken of. I have never seen so many young patrons getting full kisses on the mouth from the handsome staff as I did here. Oh! right then and there did I sorely miss Ton (charming bar), Art, Patina, Boy (Golden Cock) and Ton (Bee High Bar) The video show featured the off- the -wall 'Circo del Sole.'/Cirque de Soleil' They┬┤re coming to Malaga in July and unless I┬┤m dead I`ll be there to see them.

The biggest bar in this Arcade is 'Men┬┤s Bar' and it┬┤s just a bar full of mostly glum -looking men. In order to reduce the number of such patrons by one at least, I left after one drink and went next door to Bar Bacchus. This is a `bear' bar. I┬┤m not into bears but the owner here is a friendly teddybear type and the beer is less than 2 euros (100 baht) per bottle..The video show is all about big hairy men humping. De gustibus non est disputandum.
The bars in this arcade close at 4 or 5am.

Other bars i visited or was carried past were Bar 21, X5, El Gato Viudo and Bar Pour Quoi Pas. Don't forget to call into Malu bar. The barman there is a cute, pleasant young man who's a full time medical student. He has three years more left before he qualifies but as far as I'm concerned he qualifies already.
By all means come to Torremolinos - the drinks are cheap and many of the boys are nice but not as nice as Tung, Pong, Ton (Circle Pub, C.M.), Pun, Boy (Future Boys), Hall, Eff, Kim, M, and of course Ton (Adonis Sauna).

Khor tose
May 19th, 2008, 00:10
Keep going up the coast and let me know what Sitges is like in today's Spain. Loved your article as I found it both informative and funny. You are a great writer. However, my snobbish Spanish wine drinking friend says the region is Ribera de Duero, and you should ask for a great Pesquera.

thaiguest
May 20th, 2008, 14:50
Keep going up the coast and let me know what Sitges is like in today's Spain. Loved your article as I found it both informative and funny. You are a great writer. However, my snobbish Spanish wine drinking friend says the region is Ribera de Duero, and you should ask for a great Pesquera.

Thanks. No wonder I couldn't find the wine. Sorry, not going north and only hitting Madrid briefly. July again.

Khor tose
May 20th, 2008, 22:04
Well I could use an update on Madrid. It has been 9 years since I was there. Then the main gay area was in the old section and the bars started at 12:00 midnight. Definitely AYOR then, so a report about "now" would be appreciated. Hope you have a great time. The Prado is not to be missed.

February 22nd, 2010, 22:08
UPDATE:

Just returned today from 5 days in Torremolinos.

Yes it's low season BUT that's when I always go - so I am comparing like with like.

Rent Bars - gone - completely - zero - zilch - nada. Arcos. Golden Bar, Encuentros, Sabina, are all gone. All thats left is the Sauna near A Noite bar - which doubles as a bar, only a very few dodgy looking boys there and spiking of drinks commonplace according to locals. (suspect I experienced this first hand as was violently ill shortly after leaving)

Several bars had no customers at all from Tues thru Friday. Busier overall on Saturday (as would be expected). Only numbers were in Morbos (saw a couple of renters in there for the 1st time), Mens Bar and the new Manhattan Bar (cute young crowd). Bar 21 had 3 or 4 customers each night. Other than that, generally dead all round.

Friday Sat nights there were a few boys 18+ out on the street for hire - some quite cute.

Prices now pretty high with Euro now almost on parity with Sterling e.g Whisky in Morbos ┬г8 approx. Small bottle of beer most gay places ┬г3

Non-Gay venues equally deserted but cheaper as always.

Summary - won't be going back anytime soon.

:protest: :protest: :protest:

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

jinks
February 23rd, 2010, 01:32
Well I could use an update on Madrid.

Last week very quite, the only places I went were "tourist" and I was not looking for sex.
The museums are really great, especially the National.

My main reason for the trip (wait for Smiles and others to explode) was to buy cigarettes :)
In тВм 40 for 200 there and if I had a brain storm, тВм 85.5 here in the UK. thats ┬г7.50 per packet.

Silly thing in "The European market" cigarettes are MORE expensive at the airport than in Tabac's in Spain.

I took it easy this trip, because I will be in Ibiza in July, I only brought home 5000 !

February 23rd, 2010, 02:20
.... cigarettes.... тВм 40 for 200 there and... тВм 85.5 here in the UK. thats ┬г7.50 per packet.

Jinks what the feck are you smoking at ┬г7.50 a pkt? Senior Service?

:evil4: :evil4: :evil4:

goji
February 23rd, 2010, 04:27
Two reports on Torremolinos - one involves threatening behaviour towards the visitor & the other refers to spiking of drinks. Spain has a long way to go to catch up with Thailand.

jinks
February 23rd, 2010, 04:40
Jinks what the feck are you smoking at ┬г7.50 a pkt? Senior Service?

:evil4: :evil4: :evil4:

Dunhill International... the price is a guess, I have not bought and cigarettes in the UK for over 15 years :)