PDA

View Full Version : misbehaving lads

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 18th, 2008, 13:39
A friend reports visiting a Sunne Plaza nitespot well known to us.

This is a farang who really should know better but he found himself surrounded by the bar boys-as one does..nothing wrong there but upon leaving the place discovered five minutes later that 15000 baht had been removed from his back pocket.

You can't really blame these lads-although some will and would no doubt be furious..me being one, but it does show you should always secure your cash. You are in a country where most people are desperate and will resort to anything for a few baht. let alone a large stash.

After-all-they probably learnt from the West.

puckered_penguin
May 18th, 2008, 13:47
A friend reports visiting a Sunne Plaza nitespot well known to us.

This is a farang who really should know better but he found himself surrounded by the bar boys-as one does..nothing wrong there but upon leaving the place discovered five minutes later that 15000 baht had been removed from his back pocket.

You can't really blame these lads-although some will and would no doubt be furious..me being one, but it does show you should always secure your cash. You are in a country where most people are desperate and will resort to anything for a few baht. let alone a large stash.

After-all-they probably learnt from the West.

Are u sure it was 15000 baht and that they were bar boys and it was .....?

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 18th, 2008, 13:53
well--that's his story.

mind you I've seen plenty of farangs ( straight and gay) flashing large wallets or wads of cash in front of penniless Thais. Not very tactful and foolish.

May 18th, 2008, 13:57
Talk about a walking ATM!!!!! How dumb can one get??? Carry ID and the cash you need for the evening. I can't believe anyone could be that dumb.

Diec
May 18th, 2008, 14:05
This is not acceptable!! We as a gay community must stand together and not let things like this happen. We must go to the police and let them know that we are Gay and Proud and will take our dollars elsewhere if this type of behavior does not stop. I would report the bar and the boy's bar number to the local police station.

netrix
May 18th, 2008, 15:07
I 555 at everything diec says.

Excuse me, officer...yea umm...I was just in that gay go-go bar
over there and umm...I was gonna fuck, I mean off a couple lads
and I noticed my 1500...I mean, 15000 ... yea that's it... AT LEAST
15000 baht was missing. And I know those little brown beauties
did it! Now dammit, I'm gay and I insist you do something
or I'm gonna scratch your eyes out!

May 18th, 2008, 16:49
I 555 at everything diec says.

Excuse me, officer...yea umm...I was just in that gay go-go bar
over there and umm...I was gonna fuck, I mean off a couple lads
and I noticed my 1500...I mean, 15000 ... yea that's it... AT LEAST
15000 baht was missing. And I know those little brown beauties
did it! Now dammit, I'm gay and I insist you do something
or I'm gonna scratch your eyes out!

LOL! Diec, make sure you have your jet propelled dildo sticking out of your butt hole when you go to report this at the police station since that will prove to the nice officers there just how gay and how proud you are. ROTFL

Hmmm
May 18th, 2008, 17:22
And the final score .....
Troll: 3
Suckers: Nil

May 18th, 2008, 18:54
Diec sounds like our dearly departed BBB. Lets hope BBB stays dearly departed.

bao-bao
May 18th, 2008, 20:56
This is not acceptable!! We as a gay community must stand together and not let things like this happen. We must go to the police and let them know that we are Gay and Proud and will take our dollars elsewhere if this type of behavior does not stop. I would report the bar and the boy's bar number to the local police station.

IтАЩm somewhat surprised that Diec isnтАЩt close fuzzy friends with Lunchtime's guy as well :cheers:

Posted: Sat 26 Apr, 2008 Subject: Anyone want a nice car in Thailand?
John is a very good friend of mine.

Posted: Sat 26 Apr, 2008 Subject: Richard's Restaurant in BKK
Richard is a very good friend of mine.

Posted: Sat 26 Apr, 2008 Subject: Robbie from Le Cafe Royal has died.
Robbie was a very good friend of mine.

Posted: Sat 26 Apr, 2008 Subject: Anyone want a nice car in Thailand?
John is a very good friend of mine.

Posted: Thu 24 Apr, 2008 Subject: Anyone want a nice car in Thailand?
I know John very wellтАж

Posted: Thu 24 Apr, 2008 10:49 am Subject: Did raksiam kill this board.
I am very good friend of Elephant.

Posted: Thu 24 Apr, 2008 10:39 am Subject: Pinnacle Hotel
Jimmy is a very good friend of mineтАж

Posted: Wed 23 Apr, 2008 9:00 pm Subject: Synagogues in Thailand
God is a very good friend of mineтАж

...I'm JOKING about that last one....

If indeed true it's unfortunate that the man lost Bt 15,000 - but it would seem to me that anyone who thinks it through (or has read this forum for more than a week or so) would know not to carry any more with you than you can afford to lose and not feel badly about while wandering around in an area populated by questionable people. "Dicey" indeed!

Bob
May 18th, 2008, 21:19
Bao-bao, and that's just the list of his "good friends" for this year! (he's used another handle previously). And, of course, he knows none of the people with whom he is "good friends." Adding to that the smarmy posts where he tries to describe the deceased, one of the strangest trolls to inhabit any board.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 18th, 2008, 21:42
look-it's only meant to be a friendly warning and we all make mistakes.

Have a look at the local rags and you will see farangs being ripped off left right and centre and don't think your hotel room is safe either as itchy fingers reach in there as well.

Nor is your credit card safe as I have had so many dodgy transactions appear in Thailand I never use them ever..I now buy those disposable Visa cards with a set amount and keep money in an untouchable bank account. Even then I don't like the look of my bank manager but that's another story.

Everyone can have a moment of forgetfulness...it's pretty easy when your in a place where everyone is always smiling at you !!!

Smiles
May 18th, 2008, 22:36
Diec sounds like our dearly departed BBB. Lets hope BBB stays dearly departed.
OFF TOPIC: Exactly who it is, again. He has toned down a bit (according to him, himself) as apparently the Admin/Mods have made it plain that any over-trolling will result in another total ban. So he's a 'nice' troll now serving up nice trollisms. Good for him ... but ignore him anyway!.
This is perhaps the first time more than one poster has replied to him, so he must be creaming his jeans right about now.

BACK ON TOPIC: Certainly no one in the right mind needs to be carrying around 15 grand in their back wallet on a night out on the town . . . unless they are in the very bourgeois habit of taking the roll out and flashing it in front of the boys from Isaan. So on that sleazy count alone (and if it's true) the dude heartily deserves to loose the stash.

This advice is probably the best under any circumstance: Take the cash you'll need for the evening. Put it in your front pocket and leave the wallet at home.
In case of the unforeseen I sometimes stuff the ATM card in the pocket as well.

Cheers ...