PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya City News Tonight

May 17th, 2008, 22:12
Can't really say much about the police presence in Sunee when they have results like this from their testing. Last test had only 20 positive results. Hopfully the bars let those that test positve go and notify other bars of the results so they won't get hired at other bars.

May 17th, 2008, 23:14
34 from 100 - wow!

francois
May 18th, 2008, 00:47
One wonders, what if random drug/alcohol tests were done on motorbike taxi drivers; truck drivers; and construction workers, would the results be the same as bar workers? But that would make sense, not make headlines.

May 18th, 2008, 01:04
One wonders, what if random drug/alcohol tests were done on motorbike taxi drivers; truck drivers; and construction workers, would the results be the same as bar workers? But that would make sense, not make headlines.Didn't we have one of our scare-mongering members, some weeks ago, running around in "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" mode about the vast majority of Thais being addicted to some form or other of "illegal substance"? I'd have thought one-third is about average for a gay bar anywhere in the world

francois
May 18th, 2008, 02:28
Didn't we have one of our scare-mongering members, some weeks ago, running around in "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" mode about the vast majority of Thais being addicted to some form or other of "illegal substance"? I'd have thought one-third is about average for a gay bar anywhere in the world

My point, if any, was the drug testing of bar workers is only for headlines and nothing else as it accomplishes nothing and does little for public safety. Testing of workers whose action may endanger the public would make more sense but does not make headlines. Not that anything makes sense in Thailand.
Perhaps a raid on a big name disco would net far more fish but there the patrons are mostly Thai not perverted farang.
I wonder if the Thai language journals headline the gogo bar raids or is it just for the farang readers?

May 18th, 2008, 02:53
Testing of workers whose action may endanger the public would make more sense but does not make headlines. Not that

well pardon me muaw but there have been cases that ... so the point is in fact 'rel-leh-vant'

You seem to assume that the point should be to "make headlines". Are we overrating ourselves? Perhaps the point was as narrow as you assume, to target workers who should be putting their money in savings instead of somewhere else. It's their biz (the police), I guess, but if that is their point then I certainly applaud their well pointed efforts at making bar workers like the MAJORITY of the other bar, restaurant, ... workers that I know.

dab69
May 18th, 2008, 05:09
wow ArNoLd it isn't just your "another scam" post
that makes you seem *challenged*

May 18th, 2008, 07:36
So............. in the light of all this................ should we be paying less for a shag?

lonelywombat
May 18th, 2008, 10:38
So............. in the light of all this................ should we be paying less for a shag?

I would have thought if the numbers are reduced due to the BIB, then prices would rise

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 18th, 2008, 13:59
I'd hate to think what the percentages would be if they decided to pee test the customers for drugs of the nightclubs and pubs of Britain, USA , Australia and many European nightspots.

I don't think they'd have enough police vans to cart the lot away.

francois
May 19th, 2008, 01:15
[quote="ArNolD"]
Perhaps the point was as narrow as you assume, to target workers who should be putting their money in savings instead of somewhere else. It's their biz (the police), I guess, but if that is their point then I certainly applaud their well pointed efforts at making bar workers like the MAJORITY of the other bar, restaurant, ... workers that I know.[/quote

MDR! Mort de rire! I almost died laughing on that one ArNolD. You really can be humorous. I applaud you.

Fran├зois