PDA

View Full Version : Birdcage boss not around?

May 17th, 2008, 16:04
I have visited the Birdcage a few times the last couple weeks and was told that Marsha had left for the UK and now gone for a few weeks. I hope all is well. This nice new bar seems to be lacking leadership in my opinion and slipping a bit. I realize it is low season and hope he returns soon and gets things back on a better track

May 17th, 2008, 17:08
Haven't you heard the place is supposed to be closing this weekend.
Marcia's given up and gone, she's apparently getting a job on Pattaya Pink radio, if she was interested in the bar she would have replied to questions regarding the place on this board over the last week or two........don't you thing ????? when asked befor she always promptly had plenty to say in the past.

May 17th, 2008, 20:24
In the Uk at the moment. I am back this week.

The birdcage is and will be staying open. Look forward to seeing you all there.

May 17th, 2008, 21:09
In the Uk at the moment. I am back this week.

The birdcage is and will be staying open. Look forward to seeing you all there.

12 days and counting! cant wait!

atri1666
May 17th, 2008, 22:30
Only 6 days and counting! Now i can wait....

May 17th, 2008, 22:55
Haven't you heard the place is supposed to be closing this weekend.
Marcia's given up and gone, she's apparently getting a job on Pattaya Pink radio, if she was interested in the bar she would have replied to questions regarding the place on this board over the last week or two........don't you thing ????? when asked befor she always promptly had plenty to say in the past.

happy now?

May 18th, 2008, 00:38
At last a response watch this space.

colmx
May 18th, 2008, 02:29
Have never been a Mark fan... A bit like Lek he is always someone who completely looks through me despite my friendliness with several of his show boys and repeated custom in bars that he was involved in

However a have to agree with others - that the Birdcage is undoubtedly the Brightest Star of the Pattaya Gay Scene at the moment... and the Mark is doing a great job there

The Show is still so-so, but the Coyote/GoGo boys are def the best in Pattaya... They Actually Dance!!! :drunken: :cheers: :drunken:

Keep up the good work and best of luck to you Mark...

May 18th, 2008, 05:12
Birdcage clip 1 (http://www.gaytingtong.com/videos/birdcage4.wmv)

Birdcage clip 2 (http://www.gaytingtong.com/videos/birdcage4.wmv)

May 18th, 2008, 06:20

Birdcage clip 2 (http://www.gaytingtong.com/videos/birdcage4.wmv)So the boys are as bored in Pattaya as they are in Bangkok?

dab69
May 18th, 2008, 07:12

Birdcage clip 2 (http://www.gaytingtong.com/videos/birdcage4.wmv)So the boys are as bored in Pattaya as they are in Bangkok?

only a fool would say that

what fine talent

too bad they weren't open
the day I visited

colmx
May 18th, 2008, 07:31
Thanks for the clip Oogie..
One of the guys in your clip was one of the guys whose dancing I really liked...
The guy with the footballers socks...
He also works in body Language when he finishes his stint in BirdCage...

Pity that by the timei get to go to thailand again he'll probably be taken already :-(

May 19th, 2008, 09:58
Any one know if the Bridcage is closed for good or was it just for last night (Sun)

Bob
May 19th, 2008, 10:46
Mr. Tango, how much of the thread did you read? Try the third post.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 19th, 2008, 14:00
I forgot to give my review after my mistaken announcement of it's closure...the place looked fabulous although those pillars are a worry but loved the floor shows..corny as hell but butch Thai boys dressed as cowboys does it for me.

I assumed the last 30 seconds of a spectacular drag act I caught on entering was Marsha !

May 19th, 2008, 23:38
Mr Deeds,

Where do you get your information from?? I notice that you were quick to point out that the Birdcage is closed-which everyone knows is untrue. I also remember that on the thread KQuill jail? some time ago, you were quick to point out that my Dad had been found guilty.

Is this some kind of personal vendetta against my Dad and his business???

It is common knowledge that we are currently in low season, and so quiet nights are to be expected. I have every faith in Marsha making the Birdcage the no. 1 showbar in Pattaya, which he proved he can do, at Throb/Splash.

May 20th, 2008, 00:15
Aaron,
Dont get drawn into any comments regarding the the dubious JJDEED. There is an agenda with this character! Regards to your Dad who I know is in good spirits.

May 20th, 2008, 00:50
Aaron,

Are you in LOS? will be in birdcage week after next - buy you a drink?

Same type of people were telling me tingtongs wont last long - that was August 2006. Almost 2 years old now.

Smiles
May 20th, 2008, 09:16
Aaron,
Are you in LOS? will be in birdcage week after next - buy you a drink?
Same type of people were telling me tingtongs wont last long - that was August 2006. Almost 2 years old now.
And congratulations well-deserved.
I think these two Boards have a reasonable symbiosis ... both good boards in their own ways, complementing each other: Ting Tong a bit too much luvvy-dovey, too much of the time (for my taste), and Sawatdee too hard-on-each-other, too much of the time . . . a 'difficult' place from the Moderator's point of view I'm sure.

But between the two Boards, lots to please everyone. Keep up the good work.

Cheers ...

May 20th, 2008, 09:37
DELETED

catawampuscat
May 20th, 2008, 12:02
Finding myself in agreement with JohnBotting & Smiles...
The Birdcage reignited old controversies and exploded on the gaythailand forums, with the incarceration of the owner, Aaron's dad..
I would love to see the Birdcage succeed for my own selfish reasons but unfortunately the current management
evokes lots of controversy as well.. The appeal is to the old timers who remember the glory days but many of them
are gone now and fresh new material and guys are the answer, not a trip down memory lane, in my humble opinion..

The problem is somewhat similar to the old Niddys Nook controversy, where the management made outlandish claims
to being the best and sadly it was the best only to friends and family of the owners..All hype and hot air..

Birdcage also started up with outlandish claims to being the best and sadly the shows were only entertaining to hard core
admirers of the old Throb/Splash shows and much the same, with even the same mature performers doing the same show
which looked much worse on a much bigger stage.. So much hype for the talents of the choreographer and just a rehash and remix of
the old, which worked better on a tiny stage..The Marcia persona turns off many of us and when he prances about on the stage,
bad becomes a terrible.. Again this works only for the very few fans with nostalgia for days long past..

I believe the vast majority of us feel compassion for Aaron dad and would love to see the rainbow at the end of the storm..

As Aaron stated, it is low season and it is very quiet in the Pattaya boy bars, even with many closed now..
A visit last nite to Pattayaland Soi 1, even the few bars that were open were quiet.. Lots of eager lads but almost no customers
in Lucky 777 and DreamBoys.. Granted, it was a Buddhist holiday but the trend is less gay farangs with many resistant to part
with their baht unless they see what they are looking for.. By the way, ashtrays were next to the drinks and 2 out of the 3 customers
in Dream Boys were smoking cigarettes and 1 out of 2 in Lucky 777.. Pattayaland soi 1 is an ashtray soi and one should not be surprised
to see customers smoking cigarettes on soi 1, at least for the next few weeks until enforcement empties the ashtrays..

Expectations are not rosy for the Birdcage and I for one would like to see the pundits wrong..
With so many of the bar owners and personalities of Sunee Plaza and the Pattayaland sois gone or out of the picture, it would be
wonderful to see this rainbow shine.. : :cat:

May 20th, 2008, 13:37
Aaron.

The question is where do you get you information from ? I didn't say as you stated that the birdcage had closed I said quote "Haven't you heard the place is supposed to be closing this weekend" end quote. the word supposed is the prevailing meaning here.

Yes I pointed out that your dad had been found guilty but if memory serve I was not the first to break the news. Lets be clear I have NO vendetta against you or your dad no more than these other uninformed people who write on these boards that believe that your dad was "set up" I don't think that they have a vendetta against your fathers two ex partners ? they are just voicing which is in my opinion there mistaken beliefs you know there are two sides to your dads story and it may come as a bit of a shock to you, its not everyone that believes your dads side on the contrary its the other way around especially in the halls of power that count.

Regarding your dads business the Birdcage whether you know it or not he opened that bar as in his word to fcut that lot down in Boystown he must have told you he told everyone ells who would listen "I'm going to put them that lot out of business" alas we are not going to see him pull off this minor miracle because of his current status, and vengenence is not a good reason to start a business.
But really it doesn't take a nuclear scientist to figure out that the Day and Night plaza just wont work its neither in the pedo area Sunee nor the tourist area of Boyztown its in the middle of a double decker bus car park most night you can hardly see the place for them, with nothing special to attract customers it has failed 3 or 4 times before and is already there again. As Catawampusct said with the current controversial management at the helm its going to go, but having said that regardless of who's in charge it would never be a viable business.

I think that you should not really comment on things that you don't understand (business) after all you are out of the loop by about 7000 miles kinda hard to keep barest of things from that way away don't you think ???

By the way if you are syill intent on commenting could you let us know what the current state of play is with your dads "Ocean Blue condo" development the sales of which he promoted all over this site, rumor has it that he has sold the land that it was being built on and the development is not going ahead.
So what's happened to the money from all the people that have paid deposits on the condos has it all been returned to them as we would all expect, can you please confirm from 7000 miles away that this has been done already ?

May 20th, 2008, 15:17
Aron, JJDeed is firmly in one camp on this issue as you should have realised by previous posts. Best to ignore as most will be aware of his bias.

As you know Aaron I along with many others are firmly in agreement with John Botting. There is just too much dirt sticking to the other camp for it to be totally clean of all that has been said and written.

May 20th, 2008, 16:08
I think that Deed is connected to Throb/Splash or the business across the street from it. His postings only started at the time of the Birdcage opening. His last post which he says he is quoting Kq is one of those things I never recall being said. Not saying it was not said, but it is one of those things few if any would remember unless involved.

As far as knowing what is going on with Birdcage;my guess is that Aaron knows much more than Deed, even when Deed is in Birdcage!

As to his saying "haven't you heard"; the phrasing was more of a statement of fact. Games can be played, but it was clear to me it was posed to harm the business and put doubts in peoples' mind as to if the bar was to close by the weekend. It is said almost as this is Deed's wish.

If Deed is an investor in the Ocean Blu Condo project he would know the answer to what is a sarcastic mean statement to an innocent grieving son.

How smug and proud he must be of himself. He surely must know that the "justice" system is very flawed in Thailand as pointed out by several watch groups as well as polls done in Thailand itself.

I agree with others that Aaron would be best to ignore Deed but I imagine that he feels that his father is being attacked and as a good son wants to protect his father. It is hard to do this especially when young, but it is good advice. Deed has no power at all and when Aaron replies he is just enabling him

May 20th, 2008, 17:09
Sunook & Pattaya Mail

This is the problem with your kind always looking for conspiracy that's why you and about half a dozen other posters buy, the I got framed story the police the courts the government have all got it wrong. Deed's postings only started when.......blab blab blab.

Lets be clear I'm not associated with any business in Boyztown although I'm sure you would just love me to be.
That lot over there just ignore us lesser expat mortals on these boards because they know that we mean nothing to them or there businesses, its the high spending holiday party people from Europe that they want, they take no notice nor do they care about us Pattaya expats or the gossip we bitches stir up on these boards.

May 20th, 2008, 18:27
JJ,
I am not sure what you meant in your post by "my kind".

I only speak for myself. I want to make it as clear as I can. I feel that when I read your postings, you were going out of your way to make statements that were very negative towards the Birdcage, Kquill and his son. I do believe that justice was not done in Kquill's case. I am not accusing anyone other than the "system" of injustice. In my mind the punishment is much greater than the crime in this case and cited why I felt that way in a previous post. Ocean Blu Condo is a separate issue. I also believe that Birdcage is a separate issue. Birdcage is a new bar trying to bring entertainment to our community in Pattaya. They asked the community what they wanted and many responded. They tried to please us. So I wish it well as I do all businesses that enhance our community here.

Maybe I have misunderstood and misjudged your postings. Maybe you really meant no malice. But in my reading of your posts, I felt you did. If I got this wrong I am sorry.

I disagree about the Boyztown entertainment venues ignoring us expat. I think all venues in Pattaya want to please us. When I am in Boyztown I am treated very well. I like all of the owners and feel that my opinion and all expat's opinions matter to them when given constructively. They are expats too. They are involved in providing good service and trying to make a good profit as any business would. A big part of some of their business in Boyztown is lodging which those that live here aren't involved with.

Look, in my opinion Pattaya is a great place to live. I think all of us that live here are happy about our decision to reside here. For me it has been great. Others try it and move away. But there are many who wish to live here the rest of our lives. I enjoy the farang companionship and drinking in Sunee with friends. I enjoy the gay entertainment on all of Pattayaland sois. I find it more expensive but also fun with great looking young men. Pattaya has it all. And I imagine I don't need to sell you JJDeed on that.

This post of mine has become way to serious....sorry

May 20th, 2008, 19:25
Perhaps JJDeed doesn't have any vested interests or connections with anyone in Pattaya, but he certainly reads as if he has joined 'a camp'. I also wonder how long he has actually lived in the LOS, to be able to make statements about corruption not being a part of the Thai culture from the bottom to the top. I am not suggesting all are corrupt, but sadly many do have their fingers in the pie, one only has to know how the owner of a certain English football club started his telecommunication empire.

Having spent 20 odd years in Thailand and living in Pattaya when the first 'accidents' happened in 'the camp' I am well entitled to form my own views, which I did well before any Tabloid published anything. I also do not think a grieving mother in Scotland has or was misquoted about a certain invalid will and the missing money of her long dead son.

Aaron, considering your grief and frustration about all the goings on and the worry about your father you are proving yourself a good son, and a exceptional man who has the good wishes and respect of most of us. If the Birdcage fails so be it, it will not be the first and it will not be the last but at least you and your colleagues tried your hardest, so good luck to you all.

thrillbill
May 20th, 2008, 20:02
I live in Pattaya...work near Pattaya. It wouldn't exactly be MY choice right now for a gay hang out...WHY? It caters to the 60+ group that are into the young boys; gossiping about nothing; and high brow most things that are not like it was back 30 years ago. Why can't we have a place like Boat Bar in Phuket...or a place like DJ's or soi 4 in BKK that puts on some good tunes (instead of those boring 50's musical songs) and have decent shows. All we have in Pattaya, are Go Go Boy Bars... one gay bar , Panorama, which is full of just worn out money boys, and your infamous Sunee Plaza. Why can't Pattaya be more up scale and trendy for gays than just offering venues to one kind of visitor???????? Surely there are gays who visit/ live in Pattaya that want a gay scene like any other metropolitan city like me.

May 21st, 2008, 16:16
Surely there are gays who visit/ live in Pattaya that want a gay scene like any other metropolitan city like me.

Apparently not.