PDA

View Full Version : Wed 21st - Wat Chai Temple - Peter's funeral.

May 17th, 2008, 06:51
As the thread I started concerning Peter has now been locked, rightly so in my opinion, after I posted I would give information regarding the time of Peter's funeral, I have had no alternative other than to start this new thread.

Wat Chai Temple South Pattaya, the funeral service will commence at 4 pm on Wednesday, the 21st.

May I respectfully request of Spike or jinks, that now I have posted the above information, this thread be locked also.

Thank you,

George.

May 17th, 2008, 07:27
Thank you for the info. I wish i could be there to say farewells. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

May 17th, 2008, 07:53
On reflection, after reading luvthai's post, if this thread could be kept civil and used for condolences, perhaps it could remain open.

Thanks Guys,

George.

Om Mani Padme Hum

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/monks_450.jpg

May 17th, 2008, 08:44
thanks george.

Diec
May 17th, 2008, 08:58
I did not know Peter personally, but from what I gather, he was a happy man, with a spring in his step and ready with a "knowing" wink and smile. He will be greatly missed. RIP Peter.

Gaypattayan
May 17th, 2008, 13:04
Peter, in my mind, is the true "father" of the Gay Scene in Pattaya. I haven't seen the items that led to the closing of the first thread, but I worked closely with Peter from fairly early on as he was promoting the gay scene in Sunee, proving that with an exciting venue and the ability to bring some of the best looking guys from BoyzTown to participate in his special shows, Peter was able to build up Crazy Pub, prove people would in fact come "way out there" to see good shows, and led to the opening of a whole new field of bars in the Sunee area. Peter's was the first that really succeeded, and his success led to the opening of so many other bars in the Sunee area, many of which succeeded also. Peter and I had a "love / hate" relationship from time to time, with any disparaging (or less than completely favorable) comment leading to threats of barring me from the premises, and barring me (or trying t o bar me) from reporting on publicized events at one of the most exciting bars in Thailand. At other times, Peter couldn't get enough good publicity, so not all publicity was bad. Peter later wanted lots of publicity about his running the hotel, and it turned into a really nice facility after he poured lot of money into upgrading it, and providing a truly nice room for rent at reasonable cost.

Peter has not "known me" for several years, at least since the Weekly Report went "off the air" (now fully replaced by the weekly PG Report put out by Wally and Printer Graham --<http>), but he will always be regarded by me as the "Father of Sunee Plaza", the guy who almost single-handedly brought a thriving gay scene to Sunee. R.I.P. Peter.

Allen (G.P.)

Gaypattayan
May 17th, 2008, 13:26
In my earlier post which I tried to edit but couldn't, I said:
"Peter, in my mind, is the true "father" of the Gay Scene in Pattaya. " Not Patttaya, only Sunee.

Correctly, that should be "Peter, in my mind, is the true "father" of the Gay Scene in Sunee" and brought the gay scene from downtown Pattaya to the area that was then still quite remote from BoyzTown. BoyzTown of course existed long before Peter opened Crazy Pub. which introduced the gay scene to the Sunee area in a big way, bringing in huge crowds for his special events.

I regret my error in typing in the first line of the earlier announcement, but reaffirm my belief that Peter was indeed the father of the gay scene in Sunee, and led to an incredibly successful gay scene that thrived there for many years, and still continues, but seemingly not at so robust a rate.

Allen (G.P.)

May 17th, 2008, 14:03
Even though I have been coming to Pattaya for many years, I never knew what Gaypattayan posted. What a great resource Gaypattayan is! It has made me appreciate what Peter did so much more. I really enjoy going to Sunee and having drinks with friends at the host bars. It is a nice testament to Peter.

May 17th, 2008, 22:14
Is Peter to be cremated or returned to Germany for burial?