PDA

View Full Version : Raid on Pattayaland sois 1 and 2 Tonite...

catawampuscat
May 17th, 2008, 01:07
We saw A-Bomb on Pattayaland Soi 2 being closed before midnite and it seemed odd. I observed a very large Thai man
barking orders and it appeared to be police. They seemed interested in the lady bar next door to A-Bomb and we moved on
to Pattayaland soi 3 aka Boyztown.

We had a drink in Funny Boys and after a short while, the front door remained open and there was a lot of conversation with
the mamasan, the farang bosses and some staff.. A minuter or two later, all the go go boys left the stage and went into the back..
They returned in a few minutes and were taken away by the police..The farang owners offered a free drink to the disappointed
customers but sitting in a boy-less boy bar with a bunch of geezers was not an option, so we left..
Still a nice effort by the owners who were not happy as the bars are to be closed again on Monday apparently for a major Buddhist holiday..

Since underage is not an issue in these bars, one has to assume the police were checking for something else..
We continued on to Pattayaland soi 1 and there was no evidence of police activity and we had a final drink in
Lucky 777, which had lots of talent and all beers only 100B. all nite..

With trongpai expat reporting raid in BKK on same nite, one has to wonder if there is something going on out of the ordinary... :cat:

May 17th, 2008, 01:37
The police went into all the bars in Boyztown (they did not go in the bars as far as I could see they stood outside) they took every boy from every bar for urine tests and as far as I'm told all the boyz from all the bars came back to see the night out in there respective bar, which would indicate that there was no drugs found.
If they had found drugs in the boys urine they would have immediately closed the bars the boys were employed in.
By the way they done pattayaland soi one 3 nights ago.

As there's been big exposure lately in the media about the taking of drugs in Thailand and the governments warning against this practice it shouldn't come as any surprise to anyone that the police are doing these raids, after all they stop motorists and motor bike drivers on the roads and highways all day and all night for drug tests and searches.
Sunee plaza was also full of police tonight.

May 17th, 2008, 01:37
There seem to have been raids all over the place tonight. But at least we can all rest assured that the police know exactly what is going on before they make their move. JJDeed in another thread has enlightened us with his expertise in the matter when he said:

"The local constabulary have all day to sit around scratching there posteriors watching these perverts and druggies doin there thing, they know what exactly what they're up to and give them just enough room to feel safe with there dirty little habits, then they pounce."

And Monday, catawampuscat, is the day on which Buddhists celebrate the birth, enlightenment and death of Gautama Siddhartha.

guyforguy
May 17th, 2008, 04:57
Seems more raids happen during low season than high. BIB struting about, all very important of course. Tis about money and keeping up appearances.

G

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 17th, 2008, 10:27
thank God I was home sick as a dog and taking all manner of drugs-legal of course.

TrongpaiExpat
May 17th, 2008, 11:47
It seems both Pattaya and Bangkok were on the Police agenda last night. I wonder if Phuket and Chiang Mai escaped this? Anyone hear anything?

The good news is that customers were left alone, no ID/passport checks. It seems as long as the Immigration Division of the Police stay home there's no interest in farangs.

TrongpaiExpat
May 17th, 2008, 13:20
I went back to RCA a few weeks after that raid and the door men where not letting any farangs in without the manager seeing an original passport and a valid visa. Few farangs make it out that far.

Same deal with the Ratchadamri venues.

May 17th, 2008, 16:38
Ratchadaprisek (soi 8) maybe?

colmx
May 17th, 2008, 16:44
I went back to RCA a few weeks after that raid and the door men where not letting any farangs in without the manager seeing an original passport and a valid visa. Few farangs make it out that far.

Same deal with the Ratchadamri venues.

Following Tronpai's earlier advice I brought my passport when i went to Rachada Soi 8 ten days ago...
Passport wastn't checked in Hollywood, G-Star or in Rachada Soi 8 club...

Arrived back to hotel with no Passport!
BF left the bag containing it in a Taxi....
Spent the next 3 days obtaining an emergency passport from Irish consulate (3 days when i should have been back in work!)

We went to various venues in Rachada and Ramsari over the next few days (ICK and other places whose names i forget!) Was asked for passport in quite a few places - but friends just told the doorman i had lost it... And there was no problem for me to get in

This lost passport will probably end up costing me 50,000 THB when all the bills are paid for (lost salary, new passport, flight changes, 3 extra nights in BKK)

Moral of the story is NEVER take your passport out with you!
And NEVER give it to your BF to mind!!!
(no mattter when the BIB are checking!)

May 17th, 2008, 16:56
What is the punishment for not being able to produce ones passport when demanded by the BIB. I never carry mine, preferring to lock it in a "safe".

colmx
May 17th, 2008, 17:02
As far as a know its a few hours in the police station until your friends can produce your Passporton your behalf...

This is better than:
1 hour in Police station getting Police report
8 hours in Irish consulate over several days trying to obtain Emergency passport
1 hour in Immigration in Soi Suan Plu getting new immigration stamps
5 hours waiting standby in Suvarnbumi
5 Hours waiting Standby in Amsterdam
Grilling by immigration in Bkk, Suvarnbumi, Amsterdam and Dublin
Grilling by Police in Ireland when attempting to get new passport
Abuse in work for returning 3 days late!

Only have 4.5 days vacation left for the rest of the year now! :albino:

May 17th, 2008, 18:13
cripes,,,,in all my years of trips to the LOsnarles i have never never carried my passport with me. i , in my customary superior way I assumed this was the habit of paranoid Americans and Israeli's......maybe i change my spots, as does the leopard from time to time....

May 17th, 2008, 21:04
What is the punishment for not being able to produce ones passport when demanded by the BIB. I never carry mine, preferring to lock it in a "safe".

Several years ago I was told by a Thai lawyer that the letter of the law states that foreigners must be within 100 metres of their passport at all times. So, if this rule still applies, it means that you could be staying in, for example, Cafe Royale keeping your passport locked up in the room safe and still be able to walk as far as Panorama to enjoy the nightlife.

TrongpaiExpat
May 17th, 2008, 21:14
Following Tronpai's earlier advice I brought my passport when i went to Rachada Soi 8 ten days ago.........

Arrived back to hotel with no Passport!
BF left the bag containing it in a Taxi....

Sorry, I feel SO guilty but I don't think I specifically gave any advise. In fact, I don't carry my passport unless I am going out of town. Then when I get to my destination, I lock it in the safe. I do carry a copy and a Thai DL.

Either way, I plead for your mercy and owe you dinner or a few dinners given all the problems you had.

Smiles
May 17th, 2008, 21:46
" ... Moral of the story is NEVER take your passport out with you! And NEVER give it to your BF to mind!!! (no mattter when the BIB are checking!) ... "
I hope he gave you a long and lingering wai for that big screwup. (And more :bom: )

Cheers ...

TrongpaiExpat
May 17th, 2008, 22:06
" ... Moral of the story is NEVER take your passport out with you! And NEVER give it to your BF to mind!!! (no mattter when the BIB are checking!) ... "
I hope he gave you a long and lingering wai for that big screwup. (And more :bom: )

Cheers ...

Colmx: Was the BF talking on his cell phone when he exited the Taxi?

I have been having an on going battle with my BF to concentrate on the task at hand and not to use an ATM, drive (blue tooth or not) walk or get out of a taxi and carry on a cell phone conversation at the same time.

So far he has left one ATM card in the machine, walked into a moving Motocy on the sidewalk, walked into several glass doors and has tried to go down the up escalator a few times and each time he was talking on his cell phone.

Smiles
May 17th, 2008, 22:59
This may seem a wonderment to you Trongpai (and to me also), but I have "persuaded" my guy to actually pull over and stop the car to talk on his mobile phone!!.
When I phone him from here (Canada right now) and he happens to be driving, he pulls over ... I can hear the difference in background noise, so I'm sure it's true. If I'm in the car when it rings, he pulls over to answer.

What do think the odds are that he does this when I'm not around? :geek:

" ... walked into a moving Motocy on the sidewalk, walked into several glass doors ... "
That's nothing! A few years ago Suphot delivered a gigantic truckload of cashew nuts to a processing factory somewhere in Chonburi.
He received his payment (48,000 baht) and then left for the drive back home to Surin. About 30 miles from home he pulled into a truckstop area for some food and a pee. Left his shoulder bag with ID and the 48,000 baht on the restaurant chair and went merrily on his way.
Realized what he'd done 20 miles down the road or so and went screaming back to the restaurant. Eveything gone ... profit 'no have' ... ID 'no have'.

Cheers ...

May 18th, 2008, 01:06
I hope he gave you a long and lingering wai for that big screwup.Or a long and lingering screw?

colmx
May 18th, 2008, 02:04
Colmx: Was the BF talking on his cell phone when he exited the Taxi?

No his mobile was in the same bag as my passport!!

He was trying to not get sick!
As was I and the 2 other guys that were with us...

The driver was def the worst driver that i ever had the misfortune of being driven by

He kept revving the engine and stop starting all the way from sukhumvit 71 back to Rachada

Maybe its the drivers way of robbing people without them realising it!

Smiles:
He never Wais me ever!

May 19th, 2008, 01:02
We went to various venues in Rachada and Ramsari over the next few days

Ramsari?

colmx
May 19th, 2008, 02:20
HI Remote Control...
Not sure if your question is a serious one or pisstake?

Anyway I'm not much good on Bkk Geography...
So maybe some Bkk dwellers can confirm...

Ramsari = Ramkhamhaeng Rd gay zone
Or possibly 'Lamsalee'?

May 19th, 2008, 12:21
It wasn't a pisstake. Now that you spelled it "Lamsalee", I know what you're talking about now!