PDA

View Full Version : British Airways profits soar 45%

May 16th, 2008, 20:54
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7404085.stm

Erm!!

May 16th, 2008, 21:20
They are an airline I now avoid like the plague. Too, many horrible personal experiences. It seems clear that they are insufficiently redressing the misery they cause losing bagage and developing queues that strangely have not yet appeared in the Guiness book.

Smiles
May 16th, 2008, 21:41
" ... British Airways profits soar 45% ... " This is awful.

Cheers ...

May 16th, 2008, 23:54
They are an airline I now avoid like the plague. Too, many horrible personal experiences.
Same, same - (and we are not alone!). These huge profits mainly come from their business class operation where they charge their clients exorbitant fares which are amongst the highest to be found on transatlantic and far east routes.

Incidentally, it is interesting to note that they have now stopped calling themselves "The World's Favourite Airline" in their TV adverts!

May 17th, 2008, 00:19
It is outrageous that a commercial business should be making a profit and earning a return on its shareholders' funds. All of those members whose pension funds invest in BA shares should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves

jinks
May 17th, 2008, 01:10
All of those members whose pension funds invest in BA shares should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves

I can't benefit from it... I just started to draw on one of my pensions.
The state pension, due in a few years, does not invest in British Industry

... I wonder why not !

No more bonuses, only piece of mind. :bounce: