PDA

View Full Version : Top 4 things in a new bar

May 15th, 2008, 12:55
A friend has asked me what the most important things are in a go-go, show bar. The reason is that he will be opening on one of Pattayaland sois. He wasn't really asking about the obvious....good looking boys....but things like lighting (bright, like JJJ, dim like Birdcage and Funny Boys, or dark like many other bars). The ambiance.

Also the waiters. many bars have the waiters in street clothes. He said that many lady bars have the hostesses in sexy costumes. Should gay bars? What training should they have? How should they act? Basically what makes a good waiter?

Should the bar have an upstairs room (bar) where you could sit more privately with a boy and talk/drink. A little bit like Jungle Boy when it started as far as seating, but a bit more private and personal with a call button for ordering drinks. He was not talking about a short time cubicle, but a place to get to know each other a bit more......??????? He was thinking that it would have its own dedicated bar, quiet music, and maybe monitors to watch?????

Well what suggestions would you give??? Mine was, don't do it...but that is not what he had in mind.

May 15th, 2008, 14:02
the biggest mistake made by failing business owners is that they open the business that they want...not the business that the customers want. I could sight several obvious examples, but will restrain myself.

The most important thing is to hire a GREAT manager; every organization is a reflection of its leadership/management. The bottom line is that the boys must be fun, bright, alive and engaged with the customers; all of the rest of the ambience is not very impotant unless it is really off the mark. Some discreet short time rooms with private exits are also a big plus.....for obvious reasons. :argue:

May 15th, 2008, 14:29
"Mine was, don't do it...but that is not what he had in mind."

My advice would be the same. Reading his questions, it sounds like he has little or no experience of this kind of thing.

PM, you have already given him the best advice he could get from anyone. As fatman has already pointed out, with the limited knowledge he appears to have of such a business, that is even more of a reason for him to stay well clear of opening such an establishment as a go go bar.

The other big problem of course is, that the large majority of those that will be only too eager to offer him advice here, will have even less knowledge about how to run such a business, than he has.

Unless he is in a big hurry to reduce his bank balance, my advice to him would be to look for an alternative business to run. There are many more that he will have far more chance of being successful in, as well as causing him a lot less headaches than he will get from running a go go bar.

Choc Dee,

George.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 15th, 2008, 15:23
4 big dicks to start with.

May 15th, 2008, 19:47
An enormous free buffet from Mata Hari on the opening night with lots of balloons out in the street,
Cheap drinks undercutting the competition by at least 50%,
No fat, loud-mouthed, interfering, failed-katoey mamasans,
Good looking boys who actually will "do everything"

Pie in the Sky .......

May 15th, 2008, 20:21
I could sight several obvious examples, but will restrain myself.I hope you won't be rushing to open an English language school yourself. I could cite a few obvious examples there too

May 15th, 2008, 22:41
Before you open a bar make sure you have sufficent money behind you that you do not need the income from a bar to live on. Make sure you have someone to oversee the boys that really care about them and their welfare. Happy boys will make the bar a happy place to be. So many times the boys are treated like meat and it shows in the way they perform on stage. Lighting should not be to bright or to dim. I know several older farangs that have eye trouble and they prefer the lighting at a mid range.

May 16th, 2008, 01:04
Nice slim well toned boys, all over 18 with ID cards.

Good outfits -the type of thing I have in mind is on this site: http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic2757.html

Good stage layout.

NOT rough hairy types desperately waving their **** around trying to get attention.

Jetsam
May 16th, 2008, 01:43
NOT rough hairy types desperately waving their **** around trying to get attention.

I kind of agree with that, but what if there are people who like that kind of ugly mobs (hominterm eg )
as far I can see most important is beer prices, cheap beer is high profile sex tourists

Shuee
May 16th, 2008, 02:59
Hey LTboozer you took the words right outta my mouth!!! c x 4

hmmmmmm i think as some have said, a very ambigous project to manage here,
without being personal & as george has said, many of us can offer advice but have no specific knowlegde first hand,
i would say like some one who recently attempt to open a bar, may have failed due to the location it was in, where it was isolated from the main stretch of bars, & also tucked away from the main soi
i think i can confidently say that although you may be the owner, to some degree the main mamasan will run the show, especially if they have a good rapour with the bois who work there, & some may even be in contact with a greater authorities hint hint.

again on this subject of authorities, this is where you roll the dice & take your chances, do 7 different districts of bib come to visit you all in the same month. & if they do close you down, will it be for 30 or 60 or perhaps 90 days & will this be in high season when busisness should be good?
i would say that with all curruption, there is never any pattern to it, & i will end here on saying that this could be your biggest gamble & the threat of the unknown

but on the other hand, a well known bar in sp expanded into the bar next door, so things must have worked out

i have always dreamed about opening a bar so good luck i say,
even if it doesnt work out at least you can say you tried & know what its all about, life a gamble & dare i say it, you could get runover by a bahtbus tomorrow & you cant take your savings with you to heaven

May 16th, 2008, 04:03
... George's thoughts on tricks of the trade

dab69
May 16th, 2008, 07:43
why is homoturd always on George's ass
yet never bothered Kquill, a bar owner as well?

May 16th, 2008, 19:58
why is homoturd always on George's ass yet never bothered Kquill, a bar owner as well?I always regarded Kquill as a fool, so had him on {Ignore}. George on the other hand is a clown, there to amuse

Shuee
May 18th, 2008, 17:14
oh my - dont stop there, we were just get going, so pattaya male, what does yourr friend think now, any feedback to report?

May 18th, 2008, 18:29
There have been some great replies on some boards. It is my understanding that there maybe a snag since the bar he wanted is having a problem in getting all 3 owners to agree. One owner is still thinking....

I saw the proposed plan for renovation and the plans look good.

I did say to him that sometimes "good things" come strangley....(make it is for the best that one owner is still thinking!!)

Shuee
May 19th, 2008, 01:02
another strange thing perhaps is that whenever the bib do take staff to the copshop, its always the manager who gets locked up, & never the owner - funny that isnt it.