PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Some Sunee Plaza Clubs CLOSED 60 days by BIB

travelerjim
May 15th, 2008, 10:00
On Wednesday night...the BIB visited Sunee...
Several Sunee Plaza Clubs have been ordered
CLOSED by BIB for 60 days: as posted on locked doors...
(per word on the street - club/s staff did not pass the pee tests)

(READ all threads for updates)

Kaos/Villa Rouge
Good Boys (opposite Krazy Dragon/Uniform bar)
Minou Bar

Legun 2 Club was closed ...unknown status..No posting on door...
(might have closed before the visit by BIB ???)...

Euroboys was closed...renovations ???

Other Sunee Area clubs/bars open -- business as usual.

Maybe others have added information...
these were my observations as I walked the area.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 15th, 2008, 10:14
Noticed the same myself but oddly..one or two remained opened which could have been hit for similar reasons...not that I wish them any ill will.

BIB work in mysterious ways.

off course it just means the lads are out on the streets.

Jamez777
May 15th, 2008, 10:52
Excuse my lack of local knowledge, but what does BIB stand for ??

Bob
May 15th, 2008, 10:55
Not sure about Jim's reference but think it stands for the Boys In Blue (i.e., the cops).

Edit: Whoops, the lithe one below is correct, the boys in brown. Ours here in the US are blue (usually). And, no, lithe one, I didn't mean "blew" there although many of us do get turned on by uniforms occasionally....

catawampuscat
May 15th, 2008, 11:22
Jim is correct, except I have heard from several usually reliable sources that the issue was underage and not failing the
pee test.. But the 3 bars are closed and that is a fact..

Sunee Plaza looked a little darker than usual last nite and lunchtime was correct in that there are many more boys in the
street and many are familiar faces from the closed bars..
They seem to be enjoying a nite off but the reality of no baht will
soon convince many of them to seek employment in the bars that remain open..

I don't believe Legun 2 had police problems and this bar does just closes sometimes for lack of staff or other reasons..
It can be a lot of fun to visit and is hit and miss, at least in this humble poster's opinion..

Euro Boys closed for a while and will reopen when and if they get their act together.. :cat:

allieb
May 15th, 2008, 13:11
I'm not in Thailand but yesterday I was speaking on the phone to a friend of mine who lives in Pattaya. He told me that there were closures in Sunee because boys as young as 13 were found in the bars.

May 15th, 2008, 13:18
Its wishful thinking - but lets hope they keep doing it until the owners get the message.

May 15th, 2008, 13:19
Its wishful thinking - but lets hope they keep doing it until the owners get the message.

Let's blame it on both the owners AND the customers, and hope the BIB start arresting more of BOTH.

May 15th, 2008, 13:46
It seems obvious that the issue was lack of "Tea Money", as anyone who frequents Sunee knows the bars closed where minor offenders at worst in the under 18 business. If the BIB had been serious about the under 18 crowd those would not have been the bars closed.

May 15th, 2008, 13:54
I'm sorry to say its a case of supply and demand, there is what seams to be a demand for under age sex of both genders which is openly available in Sunee.
Until the demand from some people to have sex with children is somehow stopped there will always be like minded people who will open these kind of bars to cater to them.

May 15th, 2008, 13:56
Until the demand from some people to have sex with children is somehow stopped...

That is what arresting them and splashing their photos in the press is supposed to do. Of course, many people cry "witch hunt" when that happens.

May 15th, 2008, 14:37
maybe today night all bars open again, many times police closed the bars, and the next day open again

May 15th, 2008, 14:39
maybe today night all bars open again, many times police closed the bars, and the next day open again

What that means is that the penalties are not harsh enough.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 15th, 2008, 15:22
"Of course, many people cry "witch hunt" when that happens."

no dear that's just when they're after me. I believe some are arranging a bonfire night in the middle of Sunnee with me to be the fairy on top of the tree.

Marsilius
May 15th, 2008, 15:29

Let's blame it on both the owners AND the customers, and hope the BIB start arresting more of BOTH.

No, let's not... What a daft suggestion! The customer of a bar - merely sitting down, having a drink and quite possibly unaware that a single boy in the club might be 17 rather than 18 - has done nothing to justify being arrested.

Certainly, if he has offed an underaged boy and is having sex with him - and is hence breaking a law - that is a different matter. But to suggest that someone should be arrested just for being a (legal) customer having a drink in a bar is outrageous.

May 15th, 2008, 15:37

No, let's not... What a daft suggestion! The customer of a bar - merely sitting down, having a drink and quite possibly unaware that a single boy in the club might be 17 rather than 18 - has done nothing to justify being arrested.

Certainly, if he has offed an underaged boy and is having sex with him - and is hence breaking a law - that is a different matter. But to suggest that someone should be arrested just for being a (legal) customer having a drink in a bar is outrageous.

I didn't mean arresting someone for having a drink in a bar, you silly willy! I meant arresting more of the people who off these underage kids, or who sit there fondling them while they enjoy a drink!

May 15th, 2008, 16:09
[quote=Oogleman]Its wishful thinking - but lets hope they keep doing it until the owners get the message.

I didn't mean arresting someone for having a drink in a bar, you silly willy! I meant arresting more of the people who off these underage kids, or who sit there fondling them while they enjoy a drink![/quote:krt0ap87]

With the knowledge that you appear to have of these "underage bars" and what goes on in them, would indicate to me, that in order for anyone to gain such knowledge, they would need to frequent such establishments. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

George.

May 15th, 2008, 16:19
I've seen it once or twice, sure. And made an immediate bee-line for the door. Anyone who has ever been to Sunee Plaza and stuck their heads in one or more doors has seen it. These places don't put a warning sign on the door reading, "warning: pedo zone", now, do they?

thrillbill
May 15th, 2008, 17:19
If one is at one of these bars in Sunee Plaza (not my favorite place) and think they see an underage boy, then complain to the manager.... I know it is hard to know the age of some of these guys since they may look younger than they really are. The "under age look" doesn't turn me on, so I guess that is why Sunee Plaza isn't my kind of playground.

May 15th, 2008, 20:27
With the knowledge that you appear to have of these "underage bars" and what goes on in them, would indicate to me, that in order for anyone to gain such knowledge, they would need to frequent such establishments. My suspicion is that Remote Control is the back-up boygeenyus persona for when Singapore Sexpat's time comes to move on (or be moved on)

May 15th, 2008, 21:09
My suspicion is that Remote Control is the back-up boygeenyus persona for when Singapore Sexpat's time comes to move on (or be moved on)

I was thinking exactly the same thing. The same troll using two names, and I have both on my Ignore List now.

May 15th, 2008, 21:21
http://www.zip.com.au/~josken/monkey2.jpg

dab69
May 16th, 2008, 06:37
wow- BG has posted his own pics

dab69
May 16th, 2008, 07:02
[quote=Oogleman]Its wishful thinking - but lets hope they keep doing it until the owners get the message.

I didn't mean arresting someone for having a drink in a bar, you silly willy! I meant arresting more of the people who off these underage kids, or who sit there fondling them while they enjoy a drink![/quote:2pob48fz]

underage kids drinking, or is this
a dangling participle?

catawampuscat
May 16th, 2008, 10:01
update: the 3 boy bars that were closed, remained closed last nite..

Legun2 reopened and apparently was closed the nite before for lack of staff..

Sundance was overflowing with customers and dancing lads but unfortunately one big spender
insists on smoking cigarettes and along with several others turned Sundance into an ash tray bar..
It must be difficult for the Thai staff to enforce the no smoking ruling when farangs leave extra large tips
and insist on smoking cigarettes.. The owners don't get the tips but they lose many other farang's custom
and get written up on forums like this one.. Maybe they will read this and get the message as the lost
custom is not only on the ashtray nite but for weeks and months longer in some cases..

One 20,000B. fine should get the message thru... :cat:

dab69
May 16th, 2008, 14:36
well it did say they would close for 60 days-low season

then again who would listen to
an internet message board?
more people that can't read?

May 17th, 2008, 08:36
....I didn't mean arresting someone for having a drink in a bar, you silly willy!....

BG never seemed the kind of guy who would describe another poster as a "silly willy".

If this is BG I'd like to try some of the Happy Meds he must be taking now. :drunken:

travelerjim
May 17th, 2008, 12:07
Roving Sunee on Friday night...
these sightings:

The three reported clubs remained CLOSED..
signs on doors ..CLOSED 60 days"

Zum-Zim Club (opposite Look Boys)
at 5:30pm Friday night as call came to them and said "Police coming tonight"...
several staff made exit...but club remained open.

JJJ ...Jim,Jimmy,James...
at 9:40pm...club seen closing ..all waiter staff gone..
they got call "police coming"..."we open again tomorrow".

Rainbow Club ...closed by owners...
I guess "low season"...

Sabai House still CLOSED...
but I saw two farangs earlier in evening seated with door partially raised...
maybe they have room upstairs...but downstairs closed.

Apollo Restaurant/Buffet "All U Can Eat" ...
opposite El Dorado & next to Top Man...
CLOSED and FOR SALE sign posted...

Legun 2 Club OPEN again...

Euroboys closed (for renovation)... ??

NEW Oud's Cafe ...former owner of Memories Bar & Cafe ..with Ralph, Jack & Oud...
which will be located between El Dorado Restaurant/Guest House & Forest House..
opposite Top Man...will OPEN June 1st...according to Oud...and friends...
Watch for announcements...soft opening June 1st...Grand Opening June 15th ???
This is Good News for fans of the original Memories Bar & Cafe...
I look forward to visiting my friends at the NEW Oud's Cafe....in June :-)

Police seen walking through Sunee...looking for young boys...
as they searched Monty's Old Swimming Pool area...

Police along with tv cameras, bright lights on..and reporters,
had 5 boys seated on floor of open double shop house
where the German farang was caught upstairs with two underage boys in bed/room.

MyMic Club (next to Forest House)
at 7:00pm had many wait staff seated in front ...as usual..
but at the time the police were busy in Sunee...
only 2 waiter staff were seen still seated out front of MyMic...
hmmm...hhhmmmm..

I wonder..and wonder...
Just WHO the two farang gentlemen are...
which can been seen each night ...just after dusk...with candles lit...
seated at the one and only small table...in front on the old K-Boys Club...
enjoying their BYOB drinks, wine & snacks.
Any guesses who they are???

Maybe ??? Just maybe....seated in front of Old K-Boys nightly...
It is our old friends Earwig LMTU et al...and Lunchtime O Booze
comparing notes and collecting the daily gossip and making ready their "scoops" ...
for their new "heard it here" bulletins

As a side-note...and a note of CAUTION...

The night before... I saw one of the new staff which was seated out front at MyMic...
as he had applied for job earlier that night at Zum-Zim Club...
he had a copy of the Thai ID card for the Mamasan to see and keep...but..
but the young man was NOT hired...he was underage...birthdate February 9, 2535...
(he was 16 on Feb 9th this year - this is Thai year 2551)....I chatted with the boy...

He had worked at Look Bar for past 3 months according to the boy...
since school was out for this past year...and from what he said...
he just finished M 1-2-3..the first 3 years of high school.

His Mama & Papa does not have money to send him to final 3 years of high school...grades M 4-5-6.
as the years before were free...family now must pay for M 4-5-6-...
"Family No have money..so he come to Pattaya"...
as his Sister also works at bar and she lucky -
she now have fat farang bf from Denmark...said the boy.

So the saga continues - heard by me ...and many of us ...time after time...
for the poor...of Isaan to be sent out to work before they complete their high school education...
"family no have money" for uniforms, school fees, books, food, gas for motorbike etc...
maybe 100 baht a day...on average...
so they are sent out to work and "send money home to family" ...anyway they can.

I noted as I passed MyMic late evening...He was gone from MyMic ..
when the Police were walking the Sois of Sunee...Friday night.

And the band plays on and on....so sad!

Brad the Impala
May 17th, 2008, 15:18
Good post TJ

catawampuscat
May 18th, 2008, 01:42
I enjoyed it too TJ and you should consider posting more of your own stuff rather than all the interforum cut and pastings..
The two men sitting in front of the old K-Boys are a queer lot and not the twosome of posters you supposed..
They sit with a candle as the electric has not been paid in many months but one of them holds the lease..

There are lots of odd couples in Pattaya/Jomtien and these two are just another example of the flotsam and jetsam
that ends up on the shores of Pattaya/Jomtien..

No shocker about the youth but maybe posting facts like that on an open forum, will cause more trouble and even be picked up by the
press or the authorities.. I do not condone hiring underage and the same people who do, seem to get closed down
and heavily fined over and over but never learn.. I imagine it must be very profitable and woth all the hassles to them or maybe their
inner compulsions are too strong but it goes on and on..

By the way, Legun 2 was closed later in the evening but that is not unusual with this bar.. JJJ will probably stay closed for next couple of days
with major Buddhist holiday coming and lots of uniforms in town for next 48 hours or so.. :cat:

blazer
May 18th, 2008, 11:08
Frankly, I do not want to see any underage in any bar, whether waiter, customer, or dancer, or whatever. I do not want to have to ferret out who is underage and who is not. That takes the fun out of the good time we should have when we go to the bar.

If the owner of the bar isn't going to protect us from that, then we really shouldn't patronize the place.

May 18th, 2008, 11:47
Amen to that Blazer

May 18th, 2008, 12:25
Frankly, I do not want to see any underage in any bar, whether waiter, customer, or dancer, or whatever. I do not want to have to ferret out who is underage and who is not. That takes the fun out of the good time we should have when we go to the bar.

If the owner of the bar isn't going to protect us from that, then we really shouldn't patronize the place.

Wouldn't it be lovely if the world consisted only of what we wanted! Lunatic asylums are filled with people who believe this kind of nonsense and the warders in such places even protect their charges with padded cells if necessary. Have you and your friend JJDeed considered taking up residence in such a place so that your hypersensitive tastes might be better insulated from reality?

Countries such as Iran and Saudi hang people who have sexual preferences that differ from their expectations and still it goes on. If that won't stop what they dislike, your incessant babble is likely to be less than useless.

If you really expect the bars to protect you from "that", then you really shouldn't be allowed to cross the street by yourself.

May 18th, 2008, 16:30
I'm with Blazer on this.

Bars should only employ over 18's.

However, I recognise some don't follow this policy & the best approach is to avoid such places.

May 18th, 2008, 16:36
I'm with Blazer on this.

Bars should only employ over 18's.

However, I recognise some don't follow this policy & the best approach is to avoid such places.

Large numbers of people around the world also think that those engaging in homosexual activities of any kind whatsoever should be put to death. Best to avoid those places too!

Shuee
May 18th, 2008, 17:02
nice jim - i like to read

anychance of explaining this m123 - 456 school/college relating to the age for such years or a link to where i can find out more,

does every province offer free education in los & upto what ages

thanks

Shuee
May 25th, 2008, 18:13
TJ i you say that the final years of high school are m456, yet speaking to a thaiguy today in pty he mentioned that the final year is grade 9, which is 15 YO

who is right here?

May 25th, 2008, 18:37
As Raw Sugar says...let the buyer beware.

However the Saudis don't hang people, its off with your head there. And they don't execute homosexuals.

llz
May 25th, 2008, 18:46
TJ i you say that the final years of high school are m456, yet speaking to a thaiguy today in pty he mentioned that the final year is grade 9, which is 15 YO
who is right here?
Mor 3 (or grade 9) is the final year for compulsory - and more or less free - school.