PDA

View Full Version : Free International seats with Air Asia.

jinks
May 14th, 2008, 01:20
Book from 14 - 16 May 2008 | Travel from 12 Jan - 30 Apr 2009

http://www.airasia.com/site/my/en/page. ... nce=500kfs (http://www.airasia.com/site/my/en/page.jsp?reference=500kfs)

I think I beat Jim on this one :cheers:

May 14th, 2008, 05:32
... free flights, loads of codswallop.

As per ususal and a scam in my opinion, they don't include the "add ons". For instance it was around RM (Malaysian Ringitt) 258 in "add ons" etc, the flight was free, but how can it be if you have to pay add on fees. This was for a BKK to KL flight by the way.

If one looks at airline sites now, some give you the option of totals - BA gives you the total straight away, you know what you're paying for.

thrillbill
May 14th, 2008, 06:31
With Air Asia's advertised prices, just double what is listed and you'll get more of an idea of what the cost really is.

May 14th, 2008, 06:46
With Air Asia's advertised prices, just double what is listed and you'll get more of an idea of what the cost really is.So what are we factoring in - fuel charge and airport taxes? Both of those are charges separate from the base cost of the ticket

May 14th, 2008, 07:03
Air Asia charged me twice what said on their website my only time on them. But what was charged it was still cheap and what I had expected as the discounted fare. They weigh you and your luggage and your carry-on luggage and you have to make a trip to pay for excess BEFORE you get your ticket. They had a pay-for "lunch" to serve. Looked like Burger King food.

May 14th, 2008, 07:52
Yes, they are a bit "spartin", but for short flights .. who cares? I'm flying them to Singapore from BKK in June. LESS than half the price of Thai airways.

May 14th, 2008, 19:41
for excess luggage, some no frills airlines charge for luggage anyway, let alone excess. Air Asia also charge if you want to "jump the queue at the airport", i.e. preference seat that sort of thing. You know there probably isn't much difference in obtaining a ticket from the major airline. Well I know there isn't, because I have, in the past, "done it" myself.

May 14th, 2008, 20:56
They weigh you and your luggage and your carry-on luggage and you have to make a trip to pay for excess BEFORE you get your ticket.

They actually "weigh you"? That is a novel approach, if a surprisingly rational one. Is this correct and, if so, what is the permitted total weight?

Bob
May 15th, 2008, 10:21
They actually "weigh you"? That is a novel approach, if a surprisingly rational one. Is this correct and, if so, what is the permitted total weight?

No, but they weigh your luggage (I've had to pay 300-400 baht extra each friggin time!). But I also wish every airline would adopt Thai Airlines standards which, on its website, is said as follows:

Recommendation for Obese Passenger
For your travel comfort,the obese passenger is recommended to travel in Royal First Class or Royal Silk Class where seat is big enough for your accommodation.Should you prefer economy class,however,additional seat should be purchased for your accommodation as well.

I've got nothing against hugely horizontally-challenged persons - unless, of course, half of their gigantic corpus is draped over the seat I purchased!!! :cheers:

Bob
May 15th, 2008, 10:47
I tend to pull it all in when its a fish parked in the adjoining seat.

Lol. Yep, that's me, scales and all! On the other hand, if you're really voluptuous, maybe I'll sit on your lap! :flower: