PDA

View Full Version : Balcony BKK 10th Birthday

May 8th, 2008, 11:51
Kudos to The Balcony Bangkok for a great 10th birthday party on Tuesday. Delicious free buffet and drinks for members. Well done lads and the waiters were as cheerful as usual.

thrillbill
May 8th, 2008, 17:44
Why are the waiters (such as the ones at Telephone Bar, Balcony, or even the bartenders at DJ) above the "norm"than what you have to deal with in Pattaya? And why is it the shows ,such as in DJ'S ;or Boat Bar or Kiss in Phuket, the lip sync and dancers are way, way more original and professoinal than the junk you find in Pattaya? Moving around in left over Tiffiny outfits with a plastered smile just doesn't do the trick here in Pattaya. Can't there be ONE place in town that truly has a group of dancers/ "singers" that are creative and come up with an original show? If Phuket can do it, why can't Pattaya? (or is there a law in Pattaya that you are to have the worse of the worse?)

May 8th, 2008, 22:47
Well Thrillbill (love the name) I don't know the answers to your very valid questions I try to avoid Pattaya like the plague. But I think if you lived in BKK or Phuket full time then you would say the same things.

That's why when something like the Balcony night comes along and the waiters there work hard to put on a show it works very well. Perhaps it's because the waiters like the customers and (some of) the partners and respect those they are not particularly fond of that makes the difference. The guys at the Balcony certainly are more cheerful than at most other bars and what's more they don't ask customers for money for personal expenses.

I have been to two well known bars in BKK when I have been pestered by the staff for amounts up to 10,000 baht - and I don't go to those places any more.

May 8th, 2008, 23:25
I'd be happy if they took all the lip-synch katoey shows in the country and shipped them off to Pattaya. Very happy, actually.

May 9th, 2008, 06:40
There are lots of photos on their website already

http://www.balconypub.com/gallery/080506/images/000015.jpg

www.balconypub.com/gallery (http://www.balconypub.com/gallery.html)

Wesley
May 9th, 2008, 09:54
I will say the night life in Bkk is much lighter better dancers more friendly and more likely to do what you want when you get home. Patty however makes it simple, I am not so much there to be entertained at the bar as I am at home. Lots of guys easy picks and if you like a late night. If I want to go to be entertained I find the right guy and go to Xzite bar and flirt with the bi guys that work there. Get rubbed down in the urinal and piss all over the floor as I get hard. So. I guess its the level or boredom you are willing to put up with , for me if I'm gonna travel that far pay that kind of money for a good time I plan to enjoy myself all night and as much of the day as I can. When bored fly up Chaingmia go to the floating market where you can meet the rest of the queens that have never bought anything boat side. Jesus there is so much to do so many guys it matters not. One hour I am in Bkk another hour I am back in Pattaya. Thailand is a big country in more ways than one. all of which is easy to find and cheap to play. I loved the boys at the balcony and thought and still do think it is the beginning of a great night and a wonderful way to pick up my mood.

Wesley

TrongpaiExpat
May 9th, 2008, 14:00
I try to avoid Pattaya like the plague. But I think if you lived in BKK or Phuket full time then you would say the same things.

How pretentious. I love running into Bangkok residents and gay business owners in Pattaya who claim in Bangkok they would not be caught dead in Pattaya.

I assume your one of the partner/owners of the Balcony?

Happy 10th anniversary Balcony, may you have many more.

May 9th, 2008, 20:06
Get rubbed down in the urinal and piss all over the floor as I get hard.I hadn't thought of you as a Golden Shower person, Wes. I wonder how many others who post here have little fetishes like that?