PDA

View Full Version : is it safe?

March 3rd, 2006, 22:21
i am a chinese boy come to thailand first time. i have some questions:
i am a single, it is safe to go to sauna for gay and pub?
i like to meet not only thai boys but also the male from west, where i can find them? :geek:
thanks alot!

March 3rd, 2006, 23:50
When you say you are "chinese boy", I think you should tell us which "China" you are from. I doubt if guys from Hong Kong or Taiwan would have asked those questions. I'm guessing you may not be a seasoned traveller.

Yes. It's pretty safe unless you put yourself in very risky situations. If you meet people off the internet suss them out in a public place before agreeing to private activities.

There is a very recommendable sauna at Sathorn Soi 1, Soi Nandha, called Babylon where it is easy to meet foreigners in the afternoon and the local office boys from about 5.30. It has good restaurants, bars, swimming pool, gym etc. etc. (the etc is sometimes lit). Other, more local saunas will have fewer westerners but the westerners may be younger and I gather some of these place are very raunchy. The sauna in China Town is famous for less young Thai.

Telephone in Soi 4, Silom is more pub-like than most places and it is easy to meet westerners. The section at the far end from the entrance is known as "Jurasic Park" (I don't know why) but there are younger guys cruising throughout. Some of the local guys there are seeking payment though many are not and would be offended to be thought of as such.

March 4th, 2006, 19:38
thanks guy!
you really do me a big favor. i think you are a very seasoned and kind traveller. just from one word you can know where i am from. Is person from mainland really weak than that from Hongkong or Taiwan?
i hope all the persons i meet in Thai just like you! warm and kind :cheers:

March 4th, 2006, 19:46
Is person from mainland really weak than that from Hongkong or Taiwan?

Suffice to say I think that it is easier for Hong Kong and Taiwanese to get a rich world-view than those in the mainland. Mind you it's 20 years since I visited the mainland, unless you count Shumchun, which was just a little village the first time I saw it from the hill across the border.

Have a nice trip. Many of the people you meet will reciprocate an open heart.

bucknaway
March 4th, 2006, 23:47
Yes, it is safe for you to enjoy the gay life in Thailand.

The best place to start before your trip is to use the internet. Try gaydarguys.com gayromeo.com dragoncastle.net gay.com and thailandout.net

You can also use the internet to find maps and reviews of gay bars. I like to read thaiboy.net for info on the gay venues I may visit.

Babylon is a great place to meet Asian & Western guys. I suggest you rent a room there for the weekend or if there are any foam parties happening there when you are there.

Follow the western guys. They like to be near the Thai guys and if you want to stand apart, wear some shirts that let others know you are a visitor or let your digital camera be seen so that Thai and Western will know that you are a visitor.

You will love it in Thailand!

March 6th, 2006, 20:24
sounds like billy boy - even chinese boys dont speak broken english like that!

March 6th, 2006, 23:06
In my opinion, it is safe to play in LOS. However, my advice is to not raise your expection too high.
There are rules when it comes to the games of cruising, hooking-up, offing boys...etc.
If you don't know how to play these games in your own country, I doubt that you can play well in LOS. You should just be realistic.

March 7th, 2006, 10:26
Thanks Scott123, mind sharing these "rules" I mean do you just approach or do you wait. What are all the boys doing waiting along the corridor in Babylon, they are all very cut and polished. I only go for the massage and scrub very relaxing, if the masseuse wants to meet you later for dinner is this safe? And what about the age it is legal to have sex with a boy in Thailand? So many school boys want to play but how old are they? If they are in long trousers and white shirt is this a good school boy age, are younger ones in shorts? What does it mean when guys put sticky sweets in your pocket in the bus?
:idea:

March 7th, 2006, 11:07
And what about the age it is legal to have sex with a boy in Thailand? So many school boys want to play but how old are they? If they are in long trousers and white shirt is this a good school boy age, are younger ones in shorts? What does it mean when guys put sticky sweets in your pocket in the bus?
:idea:

Yu have to consider more than the age of consent in Thailand - you must also figure on the age of consent in your own country. The US gov't can and has prosecuted men who have engaged in sex with minors in other countries - even if it was perfectly legal in the hosting country. May countries that have lower age of consent laws will qualify them in certain instances - i.e. prostitution or dependant relattionships (such as student/teacher)

http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm has question marks for Thailand in the area of same sex relationships - but from what I have read, here and elsewhere, it doesn't seem prudent to consider younger than 18. So, if they are wearing a school uniform of *any* length, it might be wise to steer clear

especially if they try to eat the sticky sweets *out* of your pockets!

not very authoritative, and I can't answer about guys in the sauna, but somewhat helpful, I hope.

March 7th, 2006, 20:26
thanks all of you. l have learnd more.
is there native speaker here? my english is really broken

March 8th, 2006, 00:47
I speak native.

Dboy
March 8th, 2006, 01:51
Do you speak Mandarin? Let's chat:

bigd_boy@yahoo.com

March 8th, 2006, 07:58
Thanks Clawdaddy,
It makes me a bit confused, I met a guy at the plant market and he was dressed in school uniform, white shirt long trousers.....and he had a school bag, he told me he was eighteen and was almost finished school. He was tall (and handsome) so didn't look like he was underage. What I found strange was he asked if I wanted to meet his sister,this after spending the whole afternoon with him. When I explained he broke out into the most heart breaking smile. I liked him a lot,but I still felt a bit uncomfortable that he was in his school uniform,even though the Thais we interacted with the whole day thought we were the cutest couple on the planet.
If the laws of your own country apply I am on safe ground,last I looked it was fourteen,so there is a wider margin for error or something like that any-way. But what is the law in regard to 2 consenting minors? :bounce:

March 8th, 2006, 11:08
Dr. Szell: Is it safe?
Babe: Yes. Yes, it's safe. It's so safe you wouldn't believe it.

For those in the know, it still makes me queasy and put me off Dentist's for about 10 years, but then again, I am British so no change there! For those with no clue regarding my ramblings, excuse this diversion but every time I see the topic heading 'Is it Safe' I just can't get my mind off it.

:cyclops:

paulg
March 8th, 2006, 11:49
Thanks Clawdaddy,
It makes me a bit confused, I met a guy at the plant market and he was dressed in school uniform, white shirt long trousers.....and he had a school bag, he told me he was eighteen and was almost finished school. He was tall (and handsome) so didn't look like he was underage. :bounce:

I know a number of boys over 21 that are paying their way through high school by working in bars. I believe free education only goes to around year 8.

Although to us the cost of school fees, books etc., would appear not huge, it is when you have to support yourself and send money home.

Still does not hurt to check the ID and his birth date.

March 8th, 2006, 22:10
thanks all of you. l have learnd more.
is there native speaker here? my english is really broken

I speak bad language Billy Boy - I can say some real bad words

March 9th, 2006, 07:24
Thanks Paulg, there was no money involved, his uncle sold waterlilies at the market so he was helping out. So if I follow your post correctly, you could even find school boys in unifrom who are over 21. He looked very cute any-way. :compress:especialy his adams apple.

March 11th, 2006, 18:01
Have a nice trip. Many of the people you meet will reciprocate an open heart.

More so an open wallet.

March 11th, 2006, 18:19
eeek Miss Thrope, I cant stop the laughing its killing my already bad spelling.