PDA

View Full Version : Asian University - Chonburi - seeks Professor of English...

travelerjim
May 5th, 2008, 20:31
Asian University has this job opening:

Asian University
Chonburi (Thailand)..20km from Jomtien/South Pattaya
At least 30,000 Baht/month
kgabert@asianust.ac.th

Send Resume
Full Time English teacher
Upper high school English teacher (possible Department Head)
required at the College at Asian University.

Master's Degree in appropriate field plus several years of high school teaching required.

The College at Asian University.

http://www.asianust.ac.th/

English teacher (possible Department Head) required for a friendly, private,
international College in the Chon Buri Area.

The College is located 20 km from Jomtien surrounded by over 500 rai of lush countryside.

The salary range is 30,000-50,000 baht commensurate with
qualifications and experience.

The successful candidate should have a Master's Degree in appropriate field
plus several years of high school teaching.

A dynamic, flexible, creative team player is required.

The ability to teach in a student centered environment is essential.

The starting date is mid-May.

Please send resume/cv to Michael Barrett, Asian University,
P.O. Box 15, Baan Amphur Post Office, Chonburi, 20250.
E-mail:mbarrett@asianust.ac.th

May 5th, 2008, 20:40
Master's Degree in appropriate field plus several years of high school teaching required ... The salary range is 30,000-50,000 baht commensurate with qualifications and experience.Why would someone with that sort of experience even bother to get out of bed for such a piddling amount of money?

May 5th, 2008, 21:05
For the fringe benefits, perhaps?

TU lecturer faces dismissal for oral sex allegation

(BangkokPost.com) - Thammasat University lecturer at the Faculty of Engineering Kamthorn Cherdchukiat is expected to be dismissed after the university found out that he forced a female student to perform oral sex for him in exchange of good grades.

Dean of the Engineering Faculty Auruya Weesakul said she has written an urgent report on the case, forwarded it to the university's dean Surapol Nitikraipoj and recommended that Mr Kamthorn be dismissed.

She also said that Mr Kamthorn, 33, confessed to the crime and said he is willing to face punishment.

"The university will not help him because his action is immoral," she said. "Being a teacher means you have to set a good example to students. But when a teacher does something like this, it is not acceptable."

According to Dr Auruya, Mr Kamthorn served as an assistant lecturer for six years before being given a full-time job as a lecturer at the university early this year.

Mr Kamthorn, who is married with two children, was caught on tape for trying to molest a female student. The student and her parents then reported the case to the police.

www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/breakingnews.php?id=127284 (http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/breakingnews.php?id=127284)

May 5th, 2008, 21:26
A dynamic, flexible, creative team player is required.

So that leaves most of this board's members off the running list

May 5th, 2008, 21:43
A dynamic, flexible, creative team player is required.So that leaves most of this board's members off the running listI am a team player. The position I play is captain/coach

Brad the Impala
May 6th, 2008, 01:51
A dynamic, flexible, creative team player is required.So that leaves most of this board's members off the running listI am a team player. The position I play is captain/coach

Don't teams have a position for pedants, surely a position for which your expertise qualifies you.

May 6th, 2008, 02:26
Don't teams have a position for pedants, surely a position for which your expertise qualifies you.In other words, someone who disagrees that a particular word has a narrow meaning is a pedant? That's an interesting concept

Brad the Impala
May 6th, 2008, 04:16
Don't teams have a position for pedants, surely a position for which your expertise qualifies you.In other words, someone who disagrees that a particular word has a narrow meaning is a pedant? That's an interesting concept

And a commonly accepted concept, that specific words have specific meanings.

May 6th, 2008, 06:19
And a commonly accepted concept, that specific words have specific meanings.Quite so - private means "not public"; it does not necessarily mean "secret" or even "confidential". Those are different specific words. I made a private visit to Udon Thani over the weekend. That is, it had nothing to do with my business activities in Udon Thani. It was not a secret. And before you protest about that use of the word "private", it's used in the context of private visits ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Co ... izabeth_II (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Commonwealth_visits_made_by_Queen_Elizabet h_II) ), private homes, private yachts, blah blah blah - none of them secret nor confidential

May 6th, 2008, 09:24
that counts you out Homiterm, you need to be dynamic, flexible and a creative team player, let alone educated, qualified and respect others' opinions. Mind you the money might be around what you earn/or earned "at your level".

May 6th, 2008, 11:07
Have to agree with Homeintern on this one.. "Masters Degree" "Department Head in teaching" experience? for $975 a month? What a joke. My 24 year old BF makes half that as a receptionist LOL.

Brad the Impala
May 6th, 2008, 11:19
And a commonly accepted concept, that specific words have specific meanings.Quite so - private means "not public"; it does not necessarily mean "secret" or even "confidential". Those are different specific words. I made a private visit to Udon Thani over the weekend. That is, it had nothing to do with my business activities in Udon Thani. It was not a secret. And before you protest about that use of the word "private", it's used in the context of private visits ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Co ... izabeth_II (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Commonwealth_visits_made_by_Queen_Elizabet h_II) ), private homes, private yachts, blah blah blah - none of them secret nor confidential

Clutching at straws, old boy! The references that you make to the use of the word "private", in the context of Brenda, are to differentiate between private and state visits/homes, in which state visits are on official business in her capacity as Head of State. A role for which you may be entirely suited, but have not yet attained.

Hence your visit to Udon Thani, was personal rather than business, unless you wanted to make it private, which is clearly not the case having announced it on a public forum.

TrongpaiExpat
May 6th, 2008, 11:19
Low or not, that's about average for teaching in Thailand. I know a few guys with Ph.D's who don't make much more and work 6-7 days a week.

One guy I know makes most of his money with one-on-one lessons at 1000B per hour for rich Thai-Chi kids destine for some western university. One 11 year old boy told him, "you know I'm so rich I can buy and sell you?"

May 6th, 2008, 14:45
DELETED