PDA

View Full Version : Jomtien Plaza gay business fined

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 5th, 2008, 03:45
lots of tongues wagging today about just which was the business owner fined 10,000 baht for selling liqueur on election day.

Not really much of a fine but slightly rude not adhering to the rules when you are a guest in the country-easier said than done of course and it's surprising the penalty was so low.

Perhaps one of the tabloid newspapers will illuminate us -I just can't bear to read them though.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 6th, 2008, 02:31
oh dear..the name of the unfortunate business owner was being bandied about tonight amongst diners at Pan Pan Restaurant.

Shame he's one of the more moralizing members of the Pattaya clan that was caught out. Karma does have a way of catching one up.

May 6th, 2008, 09:16
oh dear..the name of the unfortunate business owner was being bandied about tonight amongst diners at Pan Pan Restaurant.

Shame he's one of the more moralizing members of the Pattaya clan that was caught out. Karma does have a way of catching one up.

...c'mon doris don't leave us all hanging in suspense..... spill the beanz will ya!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 6th, 2008, 12:55

Yeah, its always the moralists caught with their pants down. Former Governor Spitzer of New York State who spent a whole career prosecuting prostitution met his demise in a high-priced whore house.

J. Edgar Hoover who, among many other things, persecuted gays during his career turned out to be a "drag queen". The list is endless.

SoiVC Slut-old
May 6th, 2008, 14:06
Why not ask Monty. He seem to know all about Jomtien

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 6th, 2008, 14:13
well..as much as I would love to name the dear soul I'm not going to..so many people must know by now the story will leak out.

Look it's not a terribly serious offense just a silly one. If it been committed on a Royal day I'm sure it would have been treated far more seriously so I feel rather sorry for the bloke as he's a bit short of funds.

What strikes me is that this must have come as a tip=off as I doubt the Pattaya plods were roaming the area seeking out booze offenders..it just shows you must be careful in this town..smile at everyone..never let people lose face (farang or otherwise) back down, bend over backward wards. crawl in the gutter etc..if one wants to survive.

funny old town.

May 6th, 2008, 14:27
DELETED

May 6th, 2008, 18:22
The fine paid, was actually 4000 Baht.

George.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 6th, 2008, 21:16
4000 baht ?..a round of drinks really.

May 6th, 2008, 21:45
4000 baht ?..a round of drinks really.

In your company Lunchtime, I have no doubt. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

Cheers, http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/beerchug.gif

George.

thrillbill
May 6th, 2008, 22:52
Quote:"lots of tongues wagging today about just which was the business owner fined 10,000 baht for selling liqueur on election day."

:bounce: Who gives a shit, really? People really are hard up for "news."

TrongpaiExpat
May 6th, 2008, 23:26
Quote:"lots of tongues wagging today about just which was the business owner fined 10,000 baht for selling liqueur on election day."

:bounce: Who gives a shit, really? People really are hard up for "news."

You can go over to gaythailand where's there's a riveting discussion on "shaving cheese" or Baht stop where some guy retired to Pattaya with his grandfather clock that's in needs of a good tune up.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 7th, 2008, 11:48
let's face it ..sitting around all day one does tend to drift onto subjects that roam in and out of ones mind like the shifting sands of time.

You mean someone brought their Grandfather's clock to Pattaya with them ?..I find that rather touching !!

as for the Jomtien owner fined for flogging drinks, although I be the first to cast stones publically-there has been many a time in my youth on such occasions I've wandered a town seeking out such an establishment prepared to break silly rules to parch the throat of a tired Irishmen who by his particular birth of nation needs more alcoholic stimulus than others..this has been medically proven many times in clinical trials.

and where does one get a clock mended without being offered a myriad of terrifyingly bad copied Cartier watches with slightly skewed faces ?

May 7th, 2008, 18:12
Why would you start a topic like this and then not name the business involved? Its not that big a deal and in no way would harm the business if known.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 7th, 2008, 21:02
Why would you start a topic like this and then not name the business involved? Its not that big a deal and in no way would harm the business if known.

It would hardly harm the business my dear as I doubt not a soul in this town would take it seriously..it might go someway to point out the hypocrisy of the character involved though who thinks nothing of besmirching others around town when he perceives he is owed money by them and goes to such lengths as informing immigration police and such. !

got it !!!

Brad the Impala
May 8th, 2008, 01:35

It would hardly harm the business my dear as I doubt not a soul in this town would take it seriously..it might go someway to point out the hypocrisy of the character involved though who thinks nothing of besmirching others around town when he perceives he is owed money by them and goes to such lengths as informing immigration police and such. !

got it !!!

I know nothing about Pattaya and it's petty politics, but even I can work out that Booze is referring to*****, and the allegedly besmirched as LMTU.

May 8th, 2008, 08:08
[quote=luvthai]Why would you start a topic like this and then not name the business involved? Its not that big a deal and in no way would harm the business if known.

got it !!!

I know nothing about Pattaya and it's petty politics, but even I can work out that Booze is referring to*****, and the allegedly besmirched as LMTU.[/quote:19zbz2me]

Wow, such amazing powers of perception. I am impressed Brad. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/rolleyes.gif

George.

thaiguest
May 8th, 2008, 08:17

got it !!!
Get this- if you're not a principal involved in a 'who owes who' money issue stay out of it. You're not in a position to judge who is or is not a hypocrite.
But then, maybe you are (a biased) principal.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 9th, 2008, 17:03
Gee..I was just reporting on a small happening. It wasn't meant to be WW3. But then that's how it always ends up to be .