PDA

View Full Version : Made in Thailand

May 4th, 2008, 20:21
My brother was very impressed with the level of customer service when he visited Bangkok recently. He wrote to me "Was instructed to buy [his daughter] a bag for her birthday, preferably a "label." Spent quite a bit of time looking but eventually found one at a stall in Silom Road. I was attracted to the Prada label on a particular bag, but the lady said to choose any bag and she would put a Prada label on for me. Now that's what I call service." Apparently he had no problems getting it through Customs in LA.

May 4th, 2008, 21:01
Counterfeits are not normally a problem as long as they are not for re-sale - one or two items are seen as for "personal use" (no reflection on your brother!)

May 6th, 2008, 00:42
... why aren't you chastising Curious for quoting a private message (aka. an email) from his brother?

Brad the Impala
May 6th, 2008, 01:08
... why aren't you chastising Curious for quoting a private message (aka. an email) from his brother?

Talk about labouring the point! A private message on a forum is called Private, because it is different to a public message that can be posted within the forum. An email is just an email! All reference to "Bush Lawyers" by the Colonel, is surely ironic, calling to mind to mind a saying including the words "pot" "kettle" and "black".

By the way Colonel, thanks for the Private Message, the contents of which will remain private.

May 6th, 2008, 01:21
A private message on a forum is called Private, because it is different to a public message that can be posted within the forum. By the way Colonel, thanks for the Private Message, the contents of which will remain private.Rest assured dear boy, I shan't return the compliment unless you label it as "confidential" - and if I regard it as threatening or abusive I may ignore that also