PDA

View Full Version : Short term rooms in Silom area Bangkok

sydneyboy
May 3rd, 2008, 03:13
I contemplating a trip to Bangkok in acouple of months and will probably be staying at a hotel that will not allow visitors (I am thinking of the new Le Meridien in Surawong). My question is can anyone recommend from personal experience "quality" short term rooms in the area? I asked this question some time ago but updates would be appreciated.

thaiguest
May 3rd, 2008, 09:16
I contemplating a trip to Bangkok in acouple of months and will probably be staying at a hotel that will not allow visitors (I am thinking of the new Le Meridien in Surawong). My question is can anyone recommend from personal experience "quality" short term rooms in the area? I asked this question some time ago but updates would be appreciated.

Why in the name of Jesus would you stay in a hotel that will not allow visitors? Why in the name of J....s do you feel you have to stay in Le Meridien.
It's not as if Silom/Suriwong is some sort of outback town with one and only one hotel.
For fucks sake book into hotels that treat you like a consenting adult, like;
The Rose (Suriwong), The Suriwong Hotel, BBB Hotel (Rama 4), Tarntawan Hotel, (suriwong rd) etc etc etc etc etc.
All you have to do is become a consenting adult.
Sorry, I edit to apologise; you're obviously married.

catawampuscat
May 3rd, 2008, 10:35
Recently, I was strolling thru Silom Complex and noted a lad hanging out close to the loo.
I went up to the next level and saw another lad hanging out close to the w/c and this one I knew.

His English is good and I asked him if he was working and he smiled.. I asked him if he was working the
men's room and if he wanted to show me around.. He took my arm and started to lead me into the w/c,
but since public rest rooms are not my idea of a place to have sex, I declined the offer..

He proceeded to walk with me as I wanted to check out some of the shops and helped out carrying some
bags.. We found ourselves outside at some point and I asked him where he was going.
He took my arm and led me down the sloping walkway under the Suriwonge Hotel and into one of several
short time rooms that are available.
Moments later, a man appeared and I paid 290B. for a three hour short time room with a/c, clean towels in
a plastic bag, soap and clean sheets on a big bed.
After we finished, we just left.. No passports, no sign in, just cash.. Fortunately, he had lube etc. with him..
No safe in the room , so we showered together and saved some water..

My guess is that most of the working-boys in the area, know where this love nest is and no doubt there are others close by.. :cat:

May 3rd, 2008, 11:42
I'd be carefull about the BBB inn. My best friend stayed there last december and got eaten alive by bedbugs.

sydneyboy
May 3rd, 2008, 14:36
Thaiquest

I don't whether to be sorry or flattered that my simple question caused such an hysterical outburst. I am not married but I do like a nice hotel with a swimming pool and gym. We are all entitled to our idiosycracies and staying in quality property happens to be mine. I have stayed at the Tarntawan on a number of occasions but I found it was becoming a little tired in the decor department and the opportunity to stay in a new hotel, the Meridien, in such a convenient location a welcome change.

To you and your ilk could I offer some advice. You are not obliged to respond to an enquiry. I requested assistance from people who were prepared to give it based on personal experience. If you can then I appreciate that advice if not remain silent. Could I offer some further advice from the late Sir Dennis Thatcher (husband of former British Prime Minister Margaret) when asked why he so infrequently commented on public affairs and I quote "It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and put the issue beyond doubt".

thaiguest
May 4th, 2008, 07:58
Thaiquest

I don't whether to be sorry or flattered that my simple question caused such an hysterical outburst. I am not married but I do like a nice hotel with a swimming pool and gym. We are all entitled to our idiosycracies and staying in quality property happens to be mine. I have stayed at the Tarntawan on a number of occasions but I found it was becoming a little tired in the decor department and the opportunity to stay in a new hotel, the Meridien, in such a convenient location a welcome change.

To you and your ilk could I offer some advice. You are not obliged to respond to an enquiry. I requested assistance from people who were prepared to give it based on personal experience. If you can then I appreciate that advice if not remain silent. Could I offer some further advice from the late Sir Dennis Thatcher (husband of former British Prime Minister Margaret) when asked why he so infrequently commented on public affairs and I quote "It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and put the issue beyond doubt".

Dennis Thatcher is renowned as a follower, not a leader. It therefore follows that his quote concerning 'fools' is not original to him but has been around for years in various forms. I think he's also the type that would allow hotel policy to dictate his lifestyle. It's a mute point anyway because I doubt if he would be allowed by Maggie to 'get away' on a break to places like Bangkok.

andrewcraig
May 4th, 2008, 08:24
He took my arm and led me down the sloping walkway under the Suriwonge Hotel and into one of several
short time rooms that are available.
Moments later, a man appeared and I paid 290B. for a three hour short time room with a/c, clean towels in
a plastic bag, soap and clean sheets on a big bed.
After we finished, we just left.. No passports, no sign in, just cash.. Fortunately, he had lube etc. with him..
:

I have been using the ground level ST rooms at Suriwong Hotel , where they have curtained off areas to park your car,
motel style. But your post seems to imply a basement area. I am curious as to where you mean.

andrewcraig
May 4th, 2008, 08:24
doubled up

catawampuscat
May 4th, 2008, 10:42
I recall the pathway or driveway sloped downward but certainly it was still outside and not a basement.
We passed several curtained parking spaces, which I was told were to protect the privacy of those who didn't want their cars/license plates noted..

The room was adequate for its purpose and I would use it again, if returning to my hotel room wasn't in the cards for some reason.. :cat:

andrewcraig
May 4th, 2008, 12:13
I recall the pathway or driveway sloped downward but certainly it was still outside and not a basement.
We passed several curtained parking spaces, which I was told were to protect the privacy of those who didn't want their cars/license plates noted..

The room was adequate for its purpose and I would use it again, if returning to my hotel room wasn't in the cards for some reason.. :cat:

When I stayed at the Montien I thought I was on a good thing. Top hotel so close to Soi Twilight But no joiners allowed
so the ST at Suriwong again got a hammering

Uranus
May 4th, 2008, 13:56
Which short term hotel would allow a group of let's say five or six boys to join me? Some will only allow three.

May 4th, 2008, 18:54
There's also the Niagara on Silom Soi 9. Delightfully sleazy, full of mirrors and no questions asked. You pay more if you are more than 2. It's walking distance from the Sofitel Silom, if you like walking in the heat. Rumour has it that there are ghosts, so don't tell your Thai friends or they'll refuse to go. Only Thais can see these ghosts.

Dboy
May 5th, 2008, 00:58
Which short term hotel would allow a group of let's say five or six boys to join me? Some will only allow three.

Look for the day-rate quoted apartments on Craig's List Bangkok. Pick one with a private entrance/card-key system and no front desk.

dboy