May 2nd, 2008, 12:53
out of interest
what exchange did they give you in th uk

May 2nd, 2008, 13:11
DELETED

May 2nd, 2008, 13:12
DELETED

May 2nd, 2008, 23:37
Your Bangkok Bank ATM works everywhere in the world, so you can leave a considerable sum in the Kingdom and by using your AMT pay bills, make purchases, and get cash.

francois
May 3rd, 2008, 00:15
Your Bangkok Bank ATM works everywhere in the world, so you can leave a considerable sum in the Kingdom and by using your AMT pay bills, make purchases, and get cash.

My understand is the Bangkok Bank Be1st ATM card can only be used in Thailand. To access funds worldwide you must have a Bualuang Premier ATM card issued by Bangkok Bank. I am not certain if the Bualuang ATM card is readily available to just any farang. I thought it was necessary to have a work permit or have a retirement visa. Perhaps someone can clarify this matter?

May 3rd, 2008, 05:45
It works in America just like any other VISA card. BBB dosn't make VISA's rules, or maybe I'm just lucky?

francois
May 3rd, 2008, 12:57
It works in America just like any other VISA card. BBB dosn't make VISA's rules, or maybe I'm just lucky?

Ok, will check it out. The Bangkok Bank website stated that if the "PLUS" sign is on the ATM card it can be used anywhere. My card has the PLUS sign. I had tried to check my balance in my account but "transaction can not be completed". Next time will ask for money. Maybe I can get Thai Baht in America? 5555

May 3rd, 2008, 20:15
My understand is the Bangkok Bank Be1st ATM card can only be used in Thailand. To access funds worldwide you must have a Bualuang Premier ATM card issued by Bangkok Bank. I am not certain if the Bualuang ATM card is readily available to just any farang. I thought it was necessary to have a work permit or have a retirement visa. Perhaps someone can clarify this matter?

Francois,

I cannot comment on Bangkok Bank, but you are correct for Kasikorn and TMB - Visa debit cards are standard, and they can only be used in certain ATMs overseas and not, for example, for any internet purchases (hence electronic use only on the cards); credit cards can be used in more ATMs and on the internet. Credit card copying is common here, so I prefer to keep things simple and do without

May 3rd, 2008, 20:32
credit cards can be used in more ATMs and on the internet. Credit card copying is common here, so I prefer to keep things simple and do withoutI can never remember which way round the stripe goes when I'm swiping it between a bar boy's cheeks - so much easier to use cash

May 3rd, 2008, 22:14
BBB dosn't make VISA's rules

My recollection is that BBB couldn't make a rule on whether to get out of bed in the morning. Why a financial institution might even ask his advice is a mystery. Sorry, but that was an irresistible swipe opportunity.

francois
May 4th, 2008, 03:17
Thanks Soi 10 Tom; I was able to use the Bangkok Bank ATM card to retrieve money outside of Thailand. Oddly enough there did not seem to be the usual service fee.
Now I must be careful and guard my card from theft and also not tap into my emergency funds in Thailand, aka "fun money".
Fran├зois