PDA

View Full Version : DELETED

May 2nd, 2008, 12:21
DELETED

May 2nd, 2008, 13:18
So John now your finally getting ready to depart the kingdom you've met & seen the PM's reaction to your advances,
do you get it yet ?
We're only uninvited guests hear they are not interested in what we think, what we have to say or our opinions its there country that's it and that's all accept it, try to understand it, walk away satisfied you tried.

puckered_penguin
May 2nd, 2008, 15:16
We're only uninvited guests hear they are not interested in what we think, what we have to say or our opinions its there country that's it and that's all accept it, try to understand it, walk away satisfied you tried.

I am not an univited guest here, as all of us are not. I originally came here having applied for a job which was advertised in The Economist Magazine inviting applications. I got the job so on and so forth, and I stayed on after my contract ended. In my own small way I excercise influence on some of the Thais I interact with. I was paid by the Thai Government to aide the country in its growth and I totally support people like JB trying to add his influence.

JJDeed you are not a guest you are a visitor or retiree or whatever contributing to The Thai economy and and you should take every opportunity you can to influence the country for the better.

May 2nd, 2008, 15:26
I totally agree with both John and puckered_penguin. I too contributed to the Thai economy with my business and attended many diplomatic events both Thai and foreign. Sending Thais to the UK for further training etc. etc.
Thai officialdom appreciates the right inputs just as much as any other country does.

May 2nd, 2008, 16:59
DELETED

Aunty
May 2nd, 2008, 17:11
"I was with the Thai Prime Minister last night"

Wow, what was his off fee?

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 2nd, 2008, 17:18
well I was with members of the Royal Family today..beat that !!!

actually walking along the beachfront at Pattaya a large cavalcade of cars with sirens forced me to sci-addle to the side of the road which is difficult with my dodgy leg but I'm pleased to see the Royals travel in the latest Toyota Camry's in a fetching pale brown.

May 2nd, 2008, 17:20
DELETED

May 2nd, 2008, 18:28
Amazing isn't it?

All the sarcastic comments over a genuine statement by J.B. but when the topic of the gay McMafia comes up the silence is more or less deafening! :bom:

Marsilius
May 2nd, 2008, 18:56
Given the propensity of the moderators to delete contributions about the McMafia, I think that sometimes the silence is more apparent than real.

May 2nd, 2008, 19:52
Yes Marsilius you have definitely hit the nail right on the head there my friend, more the pity.

Bob
May 3rd, 2008, 07:16
Probably shouldn't ask this, John, but is Samak as bad looking in person as he is in his photos?

May 3rd, 2008, 09:43
DELETED

Bob
May 3rd, 2008, 12:01
Well he is no oil painting!

Hadn't heard that expression before.....and a rather polite one.

The guy does rather look like a pug-nosed bull dog. I'm presuming others are aware of the complaints by Samak and his office regarding the "sign language" flap. As most know, during live broadcasts of governmental speeches/actions, there'll be the sign language interpreter at the corner of the screen. Samak is a long-time politician and the official "sign" for him has been the signer pressing his/her finger to his/her nose (making, in effect, a pig face). This has always been the official sign for him and, until recently (when it's been done hundreds if not thousands of time over the air), Samak apparently never complained. He's complaining now, especially since the "pig face" and "hog face" comments have been emanating from the viewers and press.

When he was a kid, I'm sure his mother had to tie a porkchop to his face to get the soi dog to play with him...... :clown:

dab69
May 3rd, 2008, 17:03
well I was with members of the Royal Family today..beat that !!!

actually walking along the beachfront at Pattaya a large cavalcade of cars with sirens forced me to sci-addle to the side of the road which is difficult with my dodgy leg but I'm pleased to see the Royals travel in the latest Toyota Camry's in a fetching pale brown.

saw the same going halfway to jomtien maybe couple days ago.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 3rd, 2008, 18:47
I hope your health is holding up John Botting !! ( sold that car yet)

dab69: I though the Royal cavalcade made one of the mosy graceful parades of I seen and I've seen many. No great Bentleys or Rollers or Mercs etc..just some sirens , simple family cars with flags on the bonnets all the same colour silently sweeping by.

True style.

allieb
May 3rd, 2008, 19:12
Well he is no oil painting!

Hadn't heard that expression before.....and a rather polite one.

The guy does rather look like a pug-nosed bull dog. I'm presuming others are aware of the complaints by Samak and his office regarding the "sign language" flap. As most know, during live broadcasts of governmental speeches/actions, there'll be the sign language interpreter at the corner of the screen. Samak is a long-time politician and the official "sign" for him has been the signer pressing his/her finger to his/her nose (making, in effect, a pig face). This has always been the official sign for him and, until recently (when it's been done hundreds if not thousands of time over the air), Samak apparently never complained. He's complaining now, especially since the "pig face" and "hog face" comments have been emanating from the viewers and press.

When he was a kid, I'm sure his mother had to tie a porkchop to his face to get the soi dog to play with him...... :clown:

I think when he was born the midwife slapped his face by mistake and tried to attach his arse to the mothers nipple