PDA

View Full Version : Eva Air in creases Air Fares

May 1st, 2008, 18:45
Hefty air fare increases have been anounced by Eva Air effective May 9th. Low season rates from London increased from THB 33,000 to 42,500 (economy). Low season rates from USA are increasing from 33,000 to 37,000 economy.. They have also added a weekend surcharge to the USA. Other classes of fares are also expected to increase.

May 1st, 2008, 19:28
.... how do you get these rates from London. It is generally priced in UK sterling if you buy a ticket from London and at the moment even low season is more than 33,000 (which is around UK┬г532). Mind you I do suspect prices are different from BKK>London>BKK as opposed to London>BKK>London. Is that what you mean?

May 1st, 2008, 20:29
All these price increases dont really make a lot of difference to the discounted internet fares on offer from london. If you search a few you will still find amazing prices like eva air business class same dates same flights prices from ┬г1547 to ┬г3315 .

May 1st, 2008, 21:02
.... how do you get these rates from London. It is generally priced in UK sterling if you buy a ticket from London and at the moment even low season is more than 33,000 (which is around UK┬г532). Mind you I do suspect prices are different from BKK>London>BKK as opposed to London>BKK>London. Is that what you mean?
The LHR/BKK/LHR fares also include the hefty airport and security taxes at LHR which are some of the highest (if not THE highest) in the world. LHR landing charges for airlines are also comparatively high.

I purchased a round trip on EVA premium economy (elite) for travel in mid-June returning mid July for ┬г809 but I did book and pay for the tickets back in late February. At that time the economy fare for the same dates was ┬г545 and business class ┬г2400. All with Travelocity.

BTW the economy fare for the same dates today is ┬г703 and there are no seats available in premium economy or business class (or on the dates either side).

The earlier you book and pay in full the cheaper the fare seems to be. If you only pay holding deposit up front you are liable to any increase in fares if they rise before you complete payment.

May 1st, 2008, 21:19

One of the cheapest places to book with EVA Air providing you are prepared to pay at the time of booking is the EVA air website.

At the moment they have seats LHR/BK/LHR in Premier Laurel at ┬г1800 return for departures in July.

We travel the route with EVCA Air although in reverse twice a month and some months ago when we booked the December/ January flights the tickets still came in at under ┬г1800.

Unless you pay at the time of booking you are always at risk of having increased taxes passed onto you and it is simply false economy in this day and age of fuel / passenger tax increases to only pay a deposit.

The fare structures with regard to the length of ticket validity / route changes permitted / date changes permitted also affect the cost of the flight. The more restrictions you are willing to accept the better price you will get.

May 1st, 2008, 22:49
The fares were posted on the ThaiVisa web site.

Up2U
May 2nd, 2008, 01:12
I purchased my EVA Deluxe/Elite ticket for this Jun/Jul several months ago before the fare increases and fuel surcharges. I checked the EVA site and my ticket if purchased now would cost an additional 330 USD. The route is San Francisco to Bangkok.

May 2nd, 2008, 11:19
I purchased my THAI Premium Economy tickets for this Jun/July several months ago also. Tickets would be about $150 higher if I purchased now. Looking towards my Dec trip, LA/BKK in premium economy has crossed over the $2000 mark for the first time. EVA is $2700 for the same time with Deluxe/Elite. With fuel costs bound to continue up, probably wise to lock in tickets for any up coming trips in your future.

Flying appears to be returning to the early days of passenger service, where it was mainly only the upper middle class or rich who could afford to fly. The days of cheap flights for the masses are over.

Marsilius
May 2nd, 2008, 12:03
Flying appears to be returning to the early days of passenger service, where it was mainly only the upper middle class or rich who could afford to fly. The days of cheap flights for the masses are over.

I was reading an interesting article a few days ago (either in The Times or The Sunday Times), the point of which was that, in the current economic squeeze, the middle classes are being forced to adopt working class lifestyles by abandoning such things as more than one foreign holiday a year, theatre trips, best quality food regardless of price and other luxuries.

Thus, in their current lifestyles, at least, the classes are now pretty identical. The major surviving difference, of course, lies in the fact that the middle classes still own a substantial amount of capital in the form of property, whereas the working classes tend still to live in cheaper property or, very often, social housing.

Shuee
May 5th, 2008, 22:25
the airports watchdog in UK has recently annouced that as BAA have the manopoly on the major airports, that to make prices fairer, they will be forcing BAA to sell off LGW, i know some longhale go from here....

this apperently is good news as due to the high comissions BAA force airliners to pay, the report mentioned a price drop in flights from LGW for certain carriers