PDA

View Full Version : Austrian abuse scandal

April 29th, 2008, 21:04
... are you guys reading about this Austrian abuse scandal where a father kept his daughter in a "dungeon" type flat for 24 years. She fathered numerous children from him, and was only found out when one of these children had to go to hospital. What is this world coming to?

April 29th, 2008, 22:32
... are you guys reading about this Austrian abuse scandal where a father kept his daughter in a "dungeon" type flat for 24 years. She fathered numerous children from him, and was only found out when one of these children had to go to hospital.Yes
What is this world coming to?These things happen all the time - what planet do you inhabit?

April 30th, 2008, 02:27
This evening the BBC showed a picture of him in Thailand. I wouldn't be surprised if he was known in Pattaya. It seems that he had an old conviction for sexual abuse but Austrian social services were unaware of this because of "data protection" issues.

One Austrian official has described this as the greatest crime ever committed by an Austrian. Perhaps he thinks Adolf Hitler came from someplace else.

April 30th, 2008, 02:50
One Austrian official has described this as the greatest crime ever committed by an Austrian. Perhaps he thinks Adolf Hitler came from someplace else.And don't mention Kurt Waldheim

April 30th, 2008, 04:12
be watching the Sound of Music again!

April 30th, 2008, 06:47
The world is full of bizarre and weird stories. You used to be able (still may be able) to subscribe to a daily weird stories post from CNN. How about this one in one of the papers I read online - http://www.smh.com.au/news/unusual-tale ... 94011.html (http://www.smh.com.au/news/unusual-tales/person-lives-with-dead-woman-on-couch/2008/04/30/1209234894011.html)

gearguy
April 30th, 2008, 07:14
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23595533/

April 30th, 2008, 19:36
They are showing in-depth video footage of this Austrian guy visiting Thailand in the 90s. Not sure where it is located, I don't think it is Pattaya, could be for all I know. The video footage is in-depth, if anyone is watching it, anyone recognise the area?

Postscript:

It really does look like Pattaya, especially one of the beach photos and the Sun newspaper says in some some media report ... Pataya ... (that is how the Sun have spelt it).

April 30th, 2008, 19:48
Looked like Sunee Plaza to me (where else).

May 2nd, 2008, 10:57
... What is this world coming to?

I guess what the guy had at home wasn't quite enough so he had to come to Thailand to slake his thirst?

This world has always be a House of Horrors if you dig down deep enough. Take a look at this story closer to home (if you have the stomach).

Scalded Baby (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/04/30/BAHI10DRSV.DTL&hw=scalded+baby&sn=001&sc=1000)

Quote: "According to the medical professionals, the baby would have been in extreme agony for about an hour," Orrey said, "and then likely went into shock."

May 4th, 2008, 06:42
I think its something they put in the water over there. Anybody remember Bernard who owned a bar on sunee opposite the old Sports bar (now Corner bar).He was always a strange slightly menacing character.Anyway one night I was having a late night session with some friends in Sports when he completely lost it, ran across the soi and attacked his ex Thai boyfriend with a knife.He then ran through his bar and up to the third floor where he threatened to jump. The cops and TV were soon on the scene and eventually was coaxed down and bused off to Soi 9.

A few days later he was out again, this time on the back of a pick up truck with a massive wooden lion which he triumphantly transferred to his bar as a sort of sign of his omnipotence.. It was said that his family had connections to the Austrian government and a word in the right ear had got him an early release. The boy was very lucky as although the knife had gone right through the side of his torso no serious damage had been done(I saw the scars myself). Anyway justice was dished out a little later when a group of the boys friends (allegedly after a bung from a certain go go bar owner further down the soi)arrived in Sports and proceeded to hack him about with an assortment of knives and machetes.Soon after he disappeared from Sunee and the last I heard he was in BKK.

May 5th, 2008, 06:01
Old Austrian Proverb: Treat your women like fine Wine......

They are best left in the cellar to mature

May 5th, 2008, 14:51
When was he in Thailand? Seems a bit strange, did he leave a bag of dry dog food to last a few months, telling his wife they were very hungry pigeons and not to forget to throw some down there once a week?

The Austrians are scary, I have a brother-in-law who is one. He's megalomaniacal and a misogynist to boot. Unfortunately the Austrians reward that kind of behaviour. They also don't travel well. Preferring to stay at home growing giant bushels of hair out their nostrils and eating knoedel until they are obese.

May 5th, 2008, 15:29
Yes yes generalisations of course but you can do that with Austrians, it's a very parochial close knit society, I know it well.
If you don't clean your windows at least three people in your street will make a point of telling you that you are not cleaning your windows. But lock half your family in the keller and rape them and not a wiff.

thaiguest
May 7th, 2008, 07:42
Looked like Sunee Plaza to me (where else).

iS SUNEE PLAZA GONE HETROSEXUAL NOW?

May 7th, 2008, 19:59
What's Josef Fritzl's favourite chat-up line?

"Fancy a bit of how's-your-father?"

francois
May 8th, 2008, 04:04
[ Mind you I don't know any Americans who didn't shoot first (just joking!)

I can name one; Alexander Hamilton. I recall the incident well.