PDA

View Full Version : how much

brlumpet-old
April 29th, 2008, 13:46
I am back for some Holiday in Thailand after several year and I am staying several day in Bangkok for start.

What is now the normal tip for short time now in Bangkok (and subsequently Pattaya as I will also spend some time there)

Several years ago, I never asked before and I use to give between 1000 and little more. (if I was very satisfied I gave until 1500 bath) The boys seemed to be very happy

Yesterday a boy told me that he was expecting at least 2500 bath.

I do not want to be cheap but I do not want either to be overgenerous. What is the usual price for short time now.

Thanks in advances for your answer

April 29th, 2008, 14:48
I am back for some Holiday in Thailand after several year and I am staying several day in Bangkok for start.

What is now the normal tip for short time now in Bangkok (and subsequently Pattaya as I will also spend some time there)

Several years ago, I never asked before and I use to give between 1000 and little more. (if I was very satisfied I gave until 1500 bath) The boys seemed to be very happy

I do not want to be cheap but I do not want either to be overgenerous. What is the usual price for short time now.

Thanks in advances for your answer

THB 2,500? Yeah sure, THB 564 for a sinlge ticket back to the E-San.
Depending on your demands, short-time fees are somewhat between THB 500 - THB 1,500.
If you want extra-ordinary things to be done, the boys will ask extra-ordinary fees.

TrongpaiExpat
April 29th, 2008, 15:22
Not sure why Joseph but your quote key is on the fritz

Seems like the coding is correct but your quote does not highlight?

I wonder what your doing or is it a glitch in the site?

Here is what I mean see if it works for me:

April 29th, 2008, 15:25
Wot happens in a "short time"?

April 29th, 2008, 16:35

Boy gets you off as quickly as possible. You pay boy. Boy leaves.

April 30th, 2008, 00:48
1000 is fine for 2~3 hours. You could give a bit more if service is really good.

Asking for 2500 is trying it on.

Shuee
April 30th, 2008, 03:03
1000bt ST is always accepted no problem

Diec
April 30th, 2008, 04:45
I would err on the side of generosity. These lovely brown skinned people depend on us for their existance. They must also send money home to mama and dad. If you find a cutie that is to your liking I would give him at least $2000 baht. These boys depend on us to live and we must not let them down. Without us what do they have?

April 30th, 2008, 05:07

tell him for that much you want him 5 nights - 1 hour a night. Pay at end of week.

April 30th, 2008, 09:09

[quote]THB 2,500? Yeah sure, THB 564 for a sinlge ticket back to the E-San.

And than I click on 'quote', put the cursor behind your text and enter to start my reply.

Is it correct now?
No, it isn't.........what's going on?

brlumpet-old
April 30th, 2008, 15:54

I like to be activ (to f. the boy

thanks for your replies

April 30th, 2008, 18:40
The reason your quote does not work is becuae the fisrt line of your post contains an opening quote which is not terminated before you atart your attempt to quote. This is what it would look like if done correctly.....

dab69
May 2nd, 2008, 12:32
erring o the side of generosity and my pickiness 2000 bT Bagkok

1200 for sunee and 1500 for Boystown is nice

May 2nd, 2008, 13:52
Before i get the nasty replies.. i generally pay 1000 - 1500 for short time depending on the quality of service.
Overnight 2000 - 2500.

Now to my point.. anyone read the front page of the Bangkok Post ( May 1st ) Minimum wage increase.
Presently the minimum wage ranges between 144 baht / day to 195 baht / day depending on where in the country you live and work. It went on to say the average worker in Bangkok spends 292 baht / day.
Out of these wages of 144 - 195 baht they must pay for food, shelter, clothing and entertainment.
When i take out a boy i generally pay for at least some of the above. food, entertainment and on occasions clothing.

It needs to be put in prospective when a boy demands high amounts for there service, yes i know some will say where else can you get a young handsome guy for 20 or 30 quid to spend the night, but we are in Thailand and based on the economy here we are paying top baht for the service.

Don't get me wrong, i am just making a observation and will continue to support the guys with what i think is fair .

May 2nd, 2008, 23:47
Last month the boys were so short on business that when they started their, "I go with you?" routine I started my routine about how poor I was. Within one minute it was down to 500...and then 500 TOTAL for two. The boys are hungry they will take almost anything offered. They are bored and tired of sitting around empty bars; any distraction (including an old farang) is better than standing around looking tired and bored.

May 3rd, 2008, 04:45
This thread is just disgusting.
What is it you guys want? Paying for sex ... YUK YUK YUKKY
It's all about having a relationship with the Thai boy. It's not just quick sex.

Diec
May 3rd, 2008, 06:10
It's all about having a relationship with the Thai boy. It's not just quick sex.

Wilf has a point but what he does not also understand is that these precious boys not only count on us, they NEED us in order to survive. There is no work or many to be had at the farm otherwise they would still be there. These young lovelies not only give us sex, we get companionship, laughter, and love that many cannot find in their own countries.

To thinks someone would deny these brown skinned beauties a monthly stipend is appalling to me. In their eyes they see us as rich and I'm sure not one person on this board cannot afford to send a few hundred dollars a month to help their boyfriend or future husband be able to afford a comfortable life. When you have found true love like my future husband and I, money means no object.

dab69
May 3rd, 2008, 17:06

Boy gets you off as quickly as possible. You pay boy. Boy leaves.

sometimes they don't stay long enough
for YOU to finish

allieb
May 3rd, 2008, 19:24

Wilf has a point but what he does not also understand is that these precious boys not only count on us, they NEED us in order to survive. There is no work or many to be had at the farm otherwise they would still be there. These young lovelies not only give us sex, we get companionship, laughter, and love that many cannot find in their own countries.

To thinks someone would deny these brown skinned beauties a monthly stipend is appalling to me. In their eyes they see us as rich and I'm sure not one person on this board cannot afford to send a few hundred dollars a month to help their boyfriend or future husband be able to afford a comfortable life. When you have found true love like my future husband and I, money means no object.

How quickly would you say it take to decide you have found reciprocal true love, as opposed to the many boys who try to take us to the cleaners.

Dick
May 4th, 2008, 04:18

Yeah, right!
Why would a Thai lad want a relationship with a farang? I shall assume the only farangs available are like most who post on this board... not young, not handsome, and not in shape.

For any 'gay' Thai people, having a farang boyfriend makes economic sense. Higher status, access to wealth (means some will rub off on him), and foreign language practice/how to interact with a farang technique. Those prepared for the long haul will expect a return during the course of their 'relationship'. A relationship will cost you more in the longer term than the sum of many short time offs in the same period. But from the farang's perspective, the benefits of having a 'bf' can be greater in social standing.
If he's not gay and straight, then I'll assume yours is purely a platonic relationship. So what do you do for sex?

Make no mistake. If you are not on one to one equal status in looks, age, desirability ~ same as any where else, you are paying for it. Sooner the misguided understand that, the sooner they'll start budgeting!

Don't misunderstand me. There are many 'happy' Thai/farang relationships where both live in harmony, each deriving from the other what they need for their emotional/economic wants. But it wouldn't be the same without the money in the farang's bank to support the relationship.

I can't argue with wilf because this is something he has to discover for himself.

May 4th, 2008, 04:49
Paying for sex ... YUK YUK YUKKYI pay for them to go away afterwards

It's not just quick sex.Correct - it's not just quick sex, it's not just quick sex

May 4th, 2008, 20:48
Don't misunderstand me. There are many 'happy' Thai/farang relationships where both live in harmony, each deriving from the other what they need for their emotional/economic wants.

Dick,

I do understand you and I do not disagree, but do I take a slightly different viewpoint. My Thai partner and I have lived together for over five years in what I see as an equal relationship - equal in as much as we have each contributed everything we had to the relationship, good and bad, albeit it in different amounts in terms of assets, and "looks, age (and) desirability".

As I have said before, it is impossible to say beyond any doubt whether it is based on love or if it is symbiotic, and it is not really that important, at least to me. What is important, however, is that it is not based on lust, which is all that I stupidly based my previous relationship with a Thai on, and which I even more stupidly tried to turn from a poor long distance / holiday relationship into a long term relationship which was expensive both emotionally and financially - largely through my own ignorance, but from which at least I learnt a lot.

Unusually, at least or some Thai boys, my partner never said "I love you" even in passing until after some three years, when he added that although he loved me now he had not when he moved in, when he had only liked me!

Fortunately we also enjoy doing most things together and neither of us enjoys things the other does not - we will go to see a Thai movie as often as an English one, and we are both as uncomfortable in a disco as in a group of wrinklies setting the world to rights.

Am I "'happy'" with the relationship - beyond any doubt: I honestly believe I am the luckiest person I know.

Is it 'the happiest time in my life'? No. I had a very happy childhood, a very enjoyable and rewarding career, and to be honest I was happier 25 years ago, driving home from the coast to London to see my parents, sun shining, car roof down, with my dog in the dickey seat behind me, but that is not going to happen again in this lifetime - and next time I hope the head gasket does not blow going up Highgate Hill, just before The Flask!

What I would class it as, however, is the most contented time in my life.

================================================== ================================================== ===

Love does not consist in gazing at each other - but in looking outward together in the same direction

May 4th, 2008, 23:40
What I would class it as, however, is the most contended time in my life.That may well be so - but has it been contented?

Dboy
May 5th, 2008, 00:46

I agree! If you know any young guys looking for a young-ish farang, send me private message! I'm living in Thailand pretty much full-time now and getting bored with the bar scene.

dboy

Shuee
May 5th, 2008, 01:18
some street guys in bkk will go for 500bt back to hotel, & i dont mean to watch TV!!

allieb
May 5th, 2008, 01:22

I agree! If you know any young guys looking for a young-ish farang, send me private message! I'm living in Thailand pretty much full-time now and getting bored with the bar scene.

dboy

It looks like Gone Fishing is very contented and good luck to him.

Dboy if you are looking for a loving relationship then asking as you have above isnt the way. It sounds like you are asking if anybody knows a car for sale with low milage and only one driver. If your getting bored with the bar scene then go elswhere and try to meet a non commercial boy and build up from there its very very hard but not impossible.

Dick
May 5th, 2008, 07:17
Dear GF,

I'll take your post to mean 'happy enough' and pleased you find yourself fortunate in your relationship.
Re-reading my post I may have come across a little bitter which wasn't intended when I set out to convey something of the real world.

My first long distance relationship lasted 2 yrs. We both learnt a lot from each other as regards cultural and social differences. I ended that relationship when on a trip North, I found him on the hotel's internet in the middle of the night writing a love letter to another farang he had in tow.

My second relationship lasted 5 yrs. There is something in the saying ' familiarity breeds contempt'. After he began saying 'sex not important' I had to make clear his options, and ended the relationship shortly after. 5 yrs is a long time. When you get to know someone that well, the parting isn't easy.

Neither guy came from the bar scene. I learned a lot and applied that during the course of my relationships. At one point I realised his friends expected him to benefit from the farang in a Thai/farang relationship... I remember one night when he 'presented' me to a group of close friends at dinner, how they interrogated him on the material benefits one by one he had gotten from our relationship... as if it was quite the natural thing to be expected.

On the other side of the coin, there is much to be said from sharing a relationship that the one has of the other; a sense of belonging, companionship, goodwill, friendship, and to a certain measure, love. And I think you convey that quite well GF and have the good sense to balance your contentment with the practical. Fortunate you are, yet there are those less happy less lucky in their relationships.

I'm now leaving 'relationships' alone until I settle in LOS. Too many years lost as a butterfly to make up for.

netrix
May 5th, 2008, 08:28
What I would class it as, however, is the most contended time in my life.That may well be so - but has it been contented?

Homi, you're hopelessly incorrigible! haha
Your quick wit and bitter, striking sarcasm
always makes me smile. (wince) :blackeye:

May 5th, 2008, 09:29
any distraction (including an old farang) is better than standing around looking tired and bored. ....let me see... Smelly, dirty, bald, old farang..... or 500 baht.... hmmm... better go loom and watch TV :colors:

May 5th, 2008, 09:41
any distraction (including an old farang) is better than standing around looking tired and bored. ....let me see... Smelly, dirty, bald, old farang..... or 500 baht.... hmmm... better go loom and watch TV :colors:

Oh I forgot.... Fat and Veli veli cheap!!

May 5th, 2008, 09:46
Ah, now you've found me out :blackeye:

Oh soli.. not you fattman... you're cheap but veli sexy... I love you long time!

May 5th, 2008, 15:16

tell him for that much you want him 5 nights - 1 hour a night. Pay at end of week.

Im not getting this at all, I pay this more or less for a straight 2hr massage if it's good. Is Fuckie cheaper? You'all know that one hundred Baht is a couple of dollars don't you?

May 5th, 2008, 15:51
Dick writes: "But from the farang's perspective, the benefits of having a 'bf' can be greater in social standing."

How on earth do you derive social standing from a relationship with a (former) moneyboy who might be your (grand) son?

Dick
May 5th, 2008, 17:19
asiangayboy
You seem to have assumed that the all farang Thai boyfriends are former moneyboys. That might be true of some, but not all.
My ex had a career and good job in a bank, was extremely good looking, and carried himself very well. I've no doubt others on this board can say similar of their bf's. Not to mention those Thai who successful in their own right, chose an older caucasion as a boyfriend, because that's who turn them on. I said social standing... I might well have added 'envy' in some circles.

May 5th, 2008, 21:23
Homi, thanks for pointing out the unintended freudian slip - I am flattered you paid me that much attention!

Dick, I did not think you were bitter, merely pragmatic and realistic. I find my own relationship quite unusual (but not quite as unusual as others who knew me some years ago would find it!), which is one of the reasons why I dislike "broad-brush" generalisations - I like to treat people as individuals, based on who they are rather than what they are, and I find this quite enlightening.

I gave up worrying about "social standing" a long time ago; fortunately it is one of the things I can share with my partner, whose background neither of us have made a secret of nor are ashamed of, and my friends and acquaintances here before we became partners, who were happy to wave and call me by name when they saw me, or to cross the road for a chat, still treat me in exactly the same way. They also have the courtesy, at least when he is with me, to treat him in the same way - and my friends and acquaintaces vary from a HSH to local labourers and their children (even though they have yet to meet and talk!).

I think your decision to leave "'relationships' alone until you settle in LOS" is a wise one - you know where you stand, as do the boys, there are no complications on either side, and no-one gets hurt; on the other hand ...