View Full Version : EVA Air

billyhouston
April 29th, 2008, 04:12
Those who use EVA may have noticed the recent change in terms and conditions for frequent flyer miles.

Until about a year ago, all Elite tickets (formerly Evergreen Deluxe), were worth 125% mileage but that was reduced to 100% for certain classes of ticket.

Some changes have been introduced which restrict some, but not all, classes of Elite ticket to 95% but more importantly the mileage required for an upgrade to Premium Laurel has increased.

An upgrade that was 30,000 miles (EU to BKK or vice versa) is now 35,000 except in 'peak season' when it becomes 45,000 miles.

Makes one thing of flying via the Gulf (from the North there's a change at Heathrow anyway).... but probably not!

April 29th, 2008, 05:25
... on Eva. Similarly, I thought that one needed 30,000 miles to upgrade to Business Class with Thai, but it is now 40,000. As I said, I'm not entirely sure, but I think Thai have altered their "mileages" also.

April 29th, 2008, 11:49
EVA is but a shadow of what it was only two years ago. Poor service, cold food, rule changes, and the ethnocentric behavior of some of their ticket agents will no doubt have a negitive effect on the quailty of service offered to us poor Farang. I am currently looking for a new carrier from LAX to BKK, any suggestions????

April 29th, 2008, 16:00
I was recently charged 60,000 miles for a gate upgrade on Swiss between the Far East and Zurich. No problem, at least 20,000 were due to expire.

My next return flight to Bangkok on Swiss is only US$1000 more than the price of the economy ticket. I only book economy so that I can spend the miles on upgrades at the gate. OTOH I book my flights a long time in advance. I hope Swiss aren't going to go bankrupt again.

April 30th, 2008, 05:19
EVA is but a shadow of what it was only two years ago. Poor service, cold food, rule changes, and the ethnocentric behavior of some of their ticket agents will no doubt have a negitive effect on the quailty of service offered to us poor Farang. I am currently looking for a new carrier from LAX to BKK, any suggestions????

Im glad somebody else noticed the food quality declining.

Last 2 trips were with EVA - food was awful on first trip but i thought , hey maybe just an off day - second trip was Worse!

50,000 baht ticket got me chicken and pork meals where one couldn`t spot the pork or chicken. There were no condiments with any of the meals and desert with one meal was a stale jaffa cake. they had no deit coke on both return legs.

I wrote to them and 4 weeks later no reply.

Thai or Cathy here i come.

May 3rd, 2008, 04:48
I came here on North West. The price is going up everyday so I need advice on a new carrier

May 3rd, 2008, 05:29
are now flying with some of the stop off carriers, there are quite a few and even Singapore airlines is a good one, I've used them before, they even have internet access for a minimum fee and even for economy passengers - you need a laptop of course.

Other airlines which people have mentioned to me Qatari, Gulf, Eithad.

May 3rd, 2008, 10:06
DELETED