PDA

View Full Version : Robbie from Le Cafe Royal has died.

April 26th, 2008, 16:16
Sadly I have just been informed that Robbie from the Le Caf├й Royal has passed away in Amsterdam.
Over the last few years Robbie has had an ongoing battle with cancer.
He succumbed to an infection which in recent days had ravished his body.

He will be sadly missed by many friends may he rest in peace.

April 26th, 2008, 16:40
I am gutted to have heard this. Robbie was a fantastic guy, and will be missed by all of his many, many friends. I have not seen him for ages, due to his ill health, but will always remember how we used to enjoy having a drink on the terrace of the Cafe Royale, and also the parties that Robbie & Ian had at their house, with Robbie always having a constant smile on his face.

Rest In Peace Rob,

Love,

Aaron, Sean, Kevin and all the Quill family

April 26th, 2008, 17:20
What sad news! I have known Robbie for the last 15 years. He always made sure that the clientelle at the hotel were made as comfortable and welcome as possible and he went out of his way to help the regular visitors to LCR.

He was one of the nicest guys you could possibly meet. He will be terribly missed by all who knew him.

RIP

April 26th, 2008, 18:07
It only seems like yesterday when both Robbie and Big Ian turned up in Pattaya late 1980's and decided to buy and revamp Le Cafe Royal. Nice guys who worked hard to build up a business off their own backs.
Rest in peace Robbie.

April 26th, 2008, 18:34
Here's a picture of Robbie taken November 2003 at the 13th Anniversay of the Le Cafe Royale.
The picture was taken by the late Brian Boxer (www.boxerstavels.net (http://www.boxerstavels.net))
Rest in Peace Robbie

April 26th, 2008, 18:37
Sad news. Rest in Peace Robbie.

George.

April 26th, 2008, 18:59
I want to add my condolences. Always enjoyed talking with Robbie. One one of the Pioneers of Boyztown. Very few venues last in Pattaya. A tribute to Ian and Robbie.

I hope that Le Cafe Royale will have some type of memorial for Robbie since he had many friends in Thailand.

jolyjacktar
April 26th, 2008, 20:01
Very sad news. I will miss my chats with him in the afternoons sat outside with a cuppa. The end of an era for the Cafe now both Ian and Robbie have gone

Diec
April 27th, 2008, 00:02
Robbie was a very good friend of mine. He was a happy man, with a spring in his step, and a hearty laugh. You could confide in him and with a knowing wink, somehow your troubles seemed just a little bit less. You will be missed dear friend.

Jetsam
April 27th, 2008, 01:39
Robbie was a very good friend of mine. He was a happy man, with a spring in his step, and a hearty laugh. You could confide in him and with a knowing wink, somehow your troubles seemed just a little bit less. You will be missed dear friend.

indeed thumper , some will miss him

April 27th, 2008, 03:21
sad indeed. another nice man leaves us.

adman5000
April 27th, 2008, 09:06
I only spoke briefly with Robbie on some visits quite some time ago. He seemed a kind and helpful individual and quick to offer a greeting. My condolences to those of you who knew him.

Aunty
April 27th, 2008, 19:12
Condolences to his friends and family.

Gosh, it seems like all you old cunts are droping like flies!

April 29th, 2008, 14:51
Gentlemen,
A celebration of the life of Robbie Ruiter will be held at Le Cafe Royale on Friday May 9th. at 1 pm. (13.00hrs.)
Everyone welcome. Drinks and refreshments will be provided.

Mick. Le Cafe Royale.

dab69
May 2nd, 2008, 12:29
I am staying at Le Cafe and asked about him a couple days ago.
I must have misunderstood Nai's reply.
Sorry to read this here but better to know.

May 28th, 2008, 05:05
hi

Iam Robbies sister and I will thank you for the nice words about Robbie my brother,

We are very sad that robbie is not whit us anymore,

but this words are fine to hear,

xxxx Ina Ruiter

and his brother and sisters ,
and his mum and dad

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!