PDA

View Full Version : Looking To Rent Condo In Pattaya or Jomtien

April 24th, 2008, 02:30
Hi, Will be arriving in Pattaya in a few days and will be looking around for a condo to rent. Budget is approx 10K baht/mo but value is more important than price. Please PM me, hope this site is not blocked so I can get messages.

Cheers,
Astro

April 24th, 2008, 06:18
Hi, Will be arriving in Pattaya in a few days and will be looking around for a condo to rent. Budget is approx 10K baht/mo but value is more important than price. Please PM me, hope this site is not blocked so I can get messages.

Cheers,
Astro

10K baht/mo for a short term rental is a bit unrealistic, don't you think? Value for the price? Maybe you should increase the price..... :cyclopsani:

travelerjim
April 24th, 2008, 07:04

Cheers,
Astro

Please clarify...

Rent ...for how long?

two weeks, one month, six months...or HOW LONG?

thaiguest
April 24th, 2008, 07:45
Condo for 10k/month=200 euro/month/50 euro per week/7 euro per day or 6.60 euro per day if calculated per 30 day month....street boys in Sunnee often 'open' a room in Inchat (on a rainy night) for more than that!.
There's a small space just behind and somewhat beneath the police hut at Jomtien which you could crawl into after 2am if you keep quiet..a 100 b. to the boys in brown will make it ok but make sure your feet are not sticking out or the lady with the protruding teeth is liable to come along at first light, give you a pedicure and charge you 350 b for it. Caveat Emptor!

April 24th, 2008, 08:22
Condo for 10k/month=200 euro/month/50 euro per week/7 euro per day or 6.60 euro per day if calculated per 30 day month....street boys in Sunnee often 'open' a room in Inchat (on a rainy night) for more than that!.
There's a small space just behind and somewhat beneath the police hut at Jomtien which you could crawl into after 2am if you keep quiet..a 100 b. to the boys in brown will make it ok but make sure your feet are not sticking out or the lady with the protruding teeth is liable to come along at first light, give you a pedicure and charge you 350 b for it. Caveat Emptor!

so it was you sleeping there last nite.... I thought I recognized your big feet :drunken: :drunken: BTW: I agree with you... some farangs are really clueless!!!!!

lonelywombat
April 24th, 2008, 08:30

Cheers,
Astro

TOQ regularly posts an ad for a condo in Yensabai for 15000 pm

Go back a few week and ou will see photos Bloody good value I think for a studio almost in Sunee

April 24th, 2008, 13:42
10K baht/mo for a short term rental is a bit unrealistic, don't you think? Value for the price? Maybe you should increase the price..... :cyclopsani:

Guess I'll find out when I start searching how realistic 10K/ mo is. But especially during low season it seems there should be lots of nice places at that price point........... if not, I'll have to revise my budget.

Here's two places that look pretty good, who knows maybe they'll turn out to be roach city. I realize the rooms at the lower price don't have kitchens.

Tycoon (http://www.tycoonplace.com/rooms.html)

Diamond City (http://www.diamondcitypattaya.com/room_rates.html)[/quote]

April 24th, 2008, 13:49

Cheers,
Astro

Please clarify...

Rent ...for how long?

Hi TJ,

I'll be staying in Thailand for 9 months and could rent for that long if I came across a really sweet situation. Otherwise I'll probably rent by the month to keep my options open in that there might be bothersome things such as noisy neighbors that aren't apparent on a quick look see.

Cheers,
Astrro

dave_tf-old
April 24th, 2008, 14:00
Sounds like a good plan. Do you really need a serviced apartment?

travelerjim
April 24th, 2008, 14:04

Cheers,
Astro

Please clarify...

Rent ...for how long?

Hi TJ,

I'll be staying in Thailand for 9 months and could rent for that long if I came across a really sweet situation. Otherwise I'll probably rent by the month to keep my options open in that there might be bothersome things such as noisy neighbors that aren't apparent on a quick look see.

Cheers,
Astrro

Hi Astrro,

Thanks for the reply....
I like this offering...would have taken it myself...
but have returned to my house in Chonburi.

There is a 48sq meter studio condo - furnished...located on the 16th floor
of the newer View Talay 5C Condos...located right behind the Avalon Beach Resort Hotel...
5 minutes walk to Dongtan beach chairs and 10 baht buses to town in 10 minutes.
...owned by a Doctor in Bangkok...
he is offering at 13,000 baht for 6 months lease and 12,000 baht for year lease.

A great location and a very good value ..in my opinion.

If interested...pm me and I will give you e-mail and phone # of the Doctor.
I have chatted with him several times and
I know his bf - who is from the USA and lives in Pattaya :-)

Great fellas..both of them!

Hope this helps...
and here is link to the VT5C photos of the condos offered
by asian-escapes.com:
(so you will have idea of what VT5C looks like...etc.)

http://www.asian-escapes.com/

http://www.asian-escapes.com/listings.html

http://www.asian-escapes.com/vt5room.html

April 24th, 2008, 14:10
Sounds like a good plan. Do you really need a serviced apartment?

Dave, No, I don't really need a serviced apartment. I guess there's a tradeoff in that a condo with a kitchen might be the same price as a serviced apartment without one.

Those two places look pretty nice though and it *seems* that my laptop would be safer in a serviced apartment than a place that rents for 7K that might not even have a pool.

Think I'll spend a few days looking around and then make a decision.

April 24th, 2008, 14:29
Hi Astrro,

Thanks for the reply....
I like this offering...would have taken it myself...
but have returned to my house in Chonburi.

There is a 48sq meter studio condo - furnished...located on the 16th floor
of the newer View Talay 5C Condos...located right behind the Avalon Beach Resort Hotel...
5 minutes walk to Dongtan beach chairs and 10 baht buses to town in 10 minutes.
...owned by a Doctor in Bangkok...
he is offering at 13,000 baht for 6 months lease and 12,000 baht for year lease.

A great location and a very good value ..in my opinion.

If interested...pm me and I will give you e-mail and phone # of the Doctor.
I have chatted with him several times and
I know his bf - who is from the USA and lives in Pattaya :-)

Great fellas..both of them!

Hope this helps...
and here is link to the VT5C photos of the condos offered
by asian-escapes.com:
(so you will have idea of what VT5C looks like...etc.)

http://www.asian-escapes.com/

http://www.asian-escapes.com/listings.html

http://www.asian-escapes.com/vt5room.html

Thanks for the links and the lead Jim! A little bit on the high side for me after water, electric, and internet are included but perhaps i should spurge. :faroah:

I'm trying to figure out the differences between the various View Talay buildings. I suppose some are nicer than others. and I suppose some locations are better.

I would also like one that is close to the baht bus since teerak doesn't like to walk and has to get to Pattaya Tia everyday for work. And I don't take mototaxis.

April 24th, 2008, 14:40
I have a condo with pool access for rent for 10,000/month. See my profile for my website.

DCbob
August 24th, 2010, 19:54
I have a condo with pool access for rent for 10,000/month. See my profile for my website.
This is your first post, and your profile does not have anything about any website.
I too am interested in renting for 5 months.
I usually rent in Center.

Sorry did not know I was reviving something this old.

thrillbill
August 26th, 2010, 05:58
There are plenty of studio apt. at the older View Talays going for 10,000 a month.