PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Hotel

April 23rd, 2008, 08:33
Hello, can someone share what the summer rate one can get at the Pinnacle Hotel via Jimmy--the high season rate a friend got for the month of Dec was something like 1275 baht -- isn't it cheaper during the months of June, July, and August? Also, is that that large a difference in the rate given, whether in high season or low, from Jimmy as opposed to booking it at the best rate given directly by the hotel itself (which would allow one to pay via a credit card, as Jimmy only takes cash)?

thanks in advance for any info

Diec
April 23rd, 2008, 10:02
I know Jimmy very well and all you need to do is contact him directly and he will give you the best rate available. It does cost a little bit more during the high season but he does charge a little less during the off season.

adman5000
April 23rd, 2008, 10:20
I always deal directly with Jimmy when I stay at the Pinnacle and have always been treated fairly. If he doesn't answer his email, I just call him and confirm things and he has always followed through. One of the good things about dealing with him is that if your plans change, you can always get him to change it easily enough and even if they change after you have paid, he will accommodate and refund. With an ATM about one block from the hotel, it is easy to get the cash, although the wait in his room can be a bit of a pain if he's busy. some leave the $ under the door, but I prefer to get my receipt and deal with him face to face.

TrongpaiExpat
April 23rd, 2008, 14:14
You get more of a discount if you stay for a month, that might account for your friends rate.

I stayed there a month once, after 5 days I was so sick of the same breakfast, I just started skipping it.

Check out Vincent's across the street or Om Yim in Chongnonsi. The new one across from Malaysia is coming along, I guess it will be done in about 5 or 6 months.

Last phone I had for Jimmy was (66) 081 859 6585---can anyone confirm that I have his correct current number?

April 23rd, 2008, 23:34
correct number!
i want to know , can your thai 'friend' still walk with you to the elevators without showing his ID card at reception for a possible joiners fee?

April 24th, 2008, 00:29
every hotel should ask for the ID, for your safety. I dont talk about joiners fee.

April 24th, 2008, 04:11
Hotels requesting IDs is standard practice & a good idea. I wouldn't even consider going back with someone who doesn't have ID to show.

However when one has already paid the full double room rate, being charged a joiner fee is just discrimination. I'd like to avoid such establishments on principle, so it's useful if posters can elighten about particular hotels joiner fee policies.

adman5000
April 24th, 2008, 18:12
Fattman - I have stayed at the Pinnacle MANY times and have NEVER been charged a joiners fee. I always get a double from Jimmy and have friends visit. Some stay for a short time and some stay longer and I have asked for a breakfast coupon after providing their name. I have never had someone ask for an additional joiners fee. My last visit was in January 2008. What is the source of your information? Was the room through Jimmy?

Some of the front desk personnel ask for the ID and some do not. I appreciate it when they do as I understand it is for my safety.

April 24th, 2008, 18:48
I stayed in Pinnacle hotel February 2008 and April 2008 with my bf. During the same period my friend from USA also stayed there alone but booked a double. We booked through Jimmy. When we returned to the hotel with guests after a night of fun at DJ Station we were not charged joiner fees. My friend brought back a guy and they asked him for his ID but did not charge joiner fee. My bf and I even brought back a guy and just walked to the elevator without a problem. From what I understood, if you are staying there alone and book a double you will not be charged a joiner fee. I enjoyed my stay there and look forward to staying there again later this year.

By the way, I got a discounted rate for staying 5 days or more. It seems the longer you stay the more of a discount Jimmy gives you. February was the first time we used Jimmy. When we first tried to book there online as well as calling the hotel directly they either had no rooms available or the price was much higher than the online discounted price. I was actually happy that Jimmy was able to find me a decently priced room even when we booked only a few days prior to arrival.

Diec
April 25th, 2008, 01:39
Jimmy is a very good friend of mine and if you ask him for a good rate he will give you one.

April 25th, 2008, 16:27
Don't call dear Jimmy after hours though. Outside his appointed hours (posted on the door, if I recall), you might get a very grumpy response. I don't recommend the Pinnacle anymore to anyone. And you don't have to ba a dear friend of Jimmy. His rates are for everyone that knows to find him. Vincent's is better value for money and just across the street.

Brad the Impala
April 25th, 2008, 17:42
Jimmy is a very good friend of mine and if you ask him for a good rate he will give you one.

Should we mention your name for a special discount?

1PR4BKK
April 25th, 2008, 19:37
You do not have to be a friend of Jimmy or even know him. I stayed there with my friends and we used Jimmy. We did not know Jimmy before we got his number from another friend. Jimmy got us a better rate than the website and he was so helpful with information related to gay BKK and the policies of the hotel. I decided to book a double room to avoid being charged a joiner fee. This worked out just fine. Also, he even offered a deeper discount after I mentioned to him that I needed to stay for more than 5 days. Because of his helpfulness I planned to continue to using him for accommodations on my future trips to BKK.

Someone mentioned VincentтАЩs across the street from the Pinnacle. I'd like to compare properties and value. Do they have a website or does anyone have their contact information?

Hmmm
April 25th, 2008, 19:41

Brad, I think you will find that Diec's recent posts have a certain consistency that suggests a number of imaginary friends ...
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... uthor=Diec (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/search.php?search_author=Diec)

Indeed his recent post on wowpow's passing suggests that he is a reincarnation of a nasty-spirited poster of the past who delilvered an identical disingenuous eulogy upon every passing reported here.

TrongpaiExpat
April 25th, 2008, 19:48
Full name is Vincent's Restaurant and the 7 rooms.

www.vincentsbangkok.com/ (http://www.vincentsbangkok.com/)

tel (66) 02 286 3348
Cell (66) 089 181 6767

1PR4BKK
April 25th, 2008, 20:04
Thanks TrongpaiExpat.

Brad the Impala
April 25th, 2008, 20:37

Brad, I think you will find that Diec's recent posts have a certain consistency that suggests a number of imaginary friends ...
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... uthor=Diec (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/search.php?search_author=Diec)

Indeed his recent post on wowpow's passing suggests that he is a reincarnation of a nasty-spirited poster of the past who delilvered an identical disingenuous eulogy upon every passing reported here.

Thanks for your kindness Hmmm and the previous poster. Unfortunately the absence of a irony, or is that sarcasm, indicator means that's your posts were unnecessary, but perhaps they will be helpful to someone else.

yaraboy
April 25th, 2008, 23:26
............Vincent has only 6 or 7 rooms so difficult to get a suitable booking.particularly on short notice...With 2 exceptions the rooms are noisy from traffic....However Vincent and staff are charming and rooms nicer then Pinnacle. I am back to Pinnacle though as it is more convenient from a booking standpoint and because it is quieter

danny99
April 26th, 2008, 14:07
You do not have to be a friend of Jimmy or even know him. I stayed there with my friends and we used Jimmy. We did not know Jimmy before we got his number from another friend. Jimmy got us a better rate than the website and he was so helpful with information related to gay BKK and the policies of the hotel. I decided to book a double room to avoid being charged a joiner fee. This worked out just fine. Also, he even offered a deeper discount after I mentioned to him that I needed to stay for more than 5 days. Because of his helpfulness I planned to continue to using him for accommodations on my future trips to BKK.

Someone mentioned VincentтАЩs across the street from the Pinnacle. I'd like to compare properties and value. Do they have a website or does anyone have their contact information?

Vincents web site:

http://www.vincentsbangkok.com/

anakot
April 30th, 2008, 06:33
Jimmy is a generous guy and will extend that generosity to any walk in virtually.

The main advantage from my point of view is the ability to change bookings pretty much same day without penalty, the rooms are reasonably cheap and tidy, and the staff are personable without going over the top. Being out of the main touristy area is also an advantage to me but I realise may not suit others.

1PR4BKK
May 1st, 2008, 04:27
Hardly out of the main tourist area, Suan Lum night bazaar, beloved by tourists, is across the street, and Silom is one stop on the subway.

I agree. I thought this was a great location because of the night bazaar, Lumpini Park :redfaced: and Babylon Salon being so close by. Furthermore, I did not realize how close we were to the Silom party area until I took my first taxi ride there.

May 1st, 2008, 16:38
Hardly out of the main tourist area, Suan Lum night bazaar, beloved by tourists, is across the street, and Silom is one stop on the subway.Suan Lum WAS across the street. Last week, when I rode by in a taxi, it look pretty dismantled already.

TrongpaiExpat
May 1st, 2008, 18:24
Hardly out of the main tourist area, Suan Lum night bazaar, beloved by tourists, is across the street, and Silom is one stop on the subway.Suan Lum WAS across the street. Last week, when I rode by in a taxi, it look pretty dismantled already.

One building in the front was demolished last month and the one next to it is getting ready to go. The stall owners have been given notice, some have left and others are waiting for the bulldozers. The food court is still open but not busy. Music only on some weekends. Tour buses still drop of tourists from time to time.

It's never been a good place for bargains.

May 1st, 2008, 20:01
Stayed at Pinnacle early April for 5 nights and booked through Jimmy. Rate per nite is now bht1390 and if you stay for 5 or more than nites, rate is bht1340 p nite. Further discounts if longer stay.

May 2nd, 2008, 01:34
whas that the price for deluxe room, 2 persons?

May 2nd, 2008, 01:47
if that is the price for a deluxe double room in april, then prices were cheaper in the peak of high season when friends got them in december for just over 1200??

1PR4BKK
May 2nd, 2008, 02:48
Stayed at Pinnacle early April for 5 nights and booked through Jimmy. Rate per nite is now bht1390 and if you stay for 5 or more than nites, rate is bht1340 p nite. Further discounts if longer stay.

ThatтАЩs interesting because I, too, stayed at the Pinnacle early April 2008 in a Deluxe Room for about a week and was given a rate of 1270 for double occupancy, which included breakfast for two every morning. Are the rates increasing as we enter the hot (off-peak) season? Yes, I booked via Jimmy.

May 2nd, 2008, 20:24
Yes, the price I quoted was for deluxe room and for 2 persons.

May 2nd, 2008, 21:26
well, prices don't necessarily go up every year and usually not during low season, which from many indicators, looks like it will again be the low of recent low seasons---has anyone gotten a more recent price for the Pinnacle for a double deluxe roo,

also, does anyone have a recent price for the tarntawan double surawong room for which last summer, low season, the rate given was 2450, then I was told it was near 3000 (2850 or something like that) during this most recent high season--is anyone aware what it is now?