PDA

View Full Version : Clinton vs Obama

April 23rd, 2008, 05:46
Who's gonna win the democratic leadership?

April 23rd, 2008, 07:53
Who's gonna win the democratic leadership?Howard Dean is the Chairman of the party and he's not up for election. Is this another poorly phrased question from you?

April 23rd, 2008, 08:25
everyone else understands - how come you don't Hom!

Since when has Howard Dean been in the race?

April 23rd, 2008, 08:27
dunno if I have to explain to yer hom but here goes:

Simple really, do you understand that word "simple". Its Clinton vs Obama, one of them are going to win the leadership. Do you understand the word "leadership"?I do - I don't think you do! I assume you mean "Will become the Democratic candidate for President". That is not "the leadership"

Khor tose
April 23rd, 2008, 10:38
The obviously well educated and well read Mr. Homointern is correct. Howard Brush Dean III, MD (born November 17, 1948) is an American politician and physician from the U.S. state of Vermont, and currently the chairman of the Democratic National Committee, the central organization of the Democratic Party at the national level. To put it in plain language he is the leader of the Democratic party. Please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic ... ted_States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_(United_States)), for a complete understanding of his power and duties.

April 23rd, 2008, 19:27
... I put the names, its a literally "current situation" i.e. current affairs. Its clear. There is no other election going on in the US at the moment i.e. currently. Not even McCain is in the headlines as Clinton and Obaha are. My question refers to a democratic election, that is what is happening, an election between Clinton and Obama. Howard Dean is absoultely nothing to do with this. Even the BBC refer to it as an election. Ultimately, one of them will "lead" the country to the president "election" in November.

April 23rd, 2008, 19:45
Ultimately, one of them will "lead" the country to the president "election" in November.You really are a twat, WhiteDesire

April 23rd, 2008, 22:52
lol

hahaha

"one hates to admit that they are wrong". How ****** stupid can you be when one posts something as clear as I did and then you start splitting hairs. Everyone else understands it why can't you. You're the twat mate not me, in fact a big one at that - but then again I'm not telling you something that you and others on this board don't already know!

April 23rd, 2008, 23:30
Everyone else ...You mean the handful of people who've bothered to vote? That doesn't mean they're not overlooking the poorly-phrased question. Pretty much "everyone" knows what you think you are asking; they're just making allowances (as am I) for the fact that the mail-room clerk in some solicitor's office in London is incapable of phrasing the question more accurately

April 24th, 2008, 02:30
Everyone else ...You mean the handful of people who've bothered to vote? That doesn't mean they're not overlooking the poorly-phrased question. Pretty much "everyone" knows what you think you are asking; they're just making allowances (as am I) for the fact that the mail-room clerk in some solicitor's office in London is incapable of phrasing the question more accurately

This mail-room clerk in some solicitor's office in London has noticed that you failed to put a full stop after your last sentence. Those who live in glass houses ......

PS: I'm not in London at the moment and have been in the Far East for a few months for your reference.

April 24th, 2008, 03:27
This mail-room clerk in some solicitor's office in London has noticed that you failed to put a full stop after your last sentence. Those who live in glass houses ......You've only just noticed I don't punctuate the last sentence in a paragraph if it simply is the end of a sentence? I never have - why would I? Go back and read any other post of mine

April 24th, 2008, 03:27
[quote="Khor tose"]The obviously well educated ..... quote]

No problem with being well educated, but not everything is life is quoted from a text book, one has to use middle ground for mixing education and life's experiences.

April 24th, 2008, 03:35
No problem with being well educated... If only you were

Khor tose
April 24th, 2008, 07:06
Congratulations whitedesire, you are the first person I've put on my ignore list. You actually beat out Raksiam who left before I got fed up with his stupidity. I am aware that my action will not bother a person like you in any way.

April 24th, 2008, 08:06
No problem with being well educated... If only you were

That's one thing we agree on, no problem with being well educated but its putting that education to a good use, which you don't, you don't know the meaning of the phrase. You are arrogant and self opinionated.

PS: I won't be putting you on ignore, not my style similar to the other idiot - your choice if you do the same.

April 24th, 2008, 08:07
Congratulations whitedesire, you are the first person I've put on my ignore list. You actually beat out Raksiam who left before I got fed up with his stupidity. I am aware that my action will not bother a person like you in any way.

So I'm meant to feel honoured because I'm on ignore. I have never sent you a private message and never answered any of your threads, what's the point mate! Now that's stupidity! Get a life! With the comments you have put up on here about me, you're so jealous of me its unbelievable, you're as predictable as my morning ablutions!!

April 24th, 2008, 08:24
Going back to the original topic, 12 people have already posted their poll vote. The other 2, well as I didn't put that option on there. I'm sure there are topics on here that "they/him/her" put up that I'M not interested in, but I wouldn't be as rude as to "chip" at it. Childish.

April 24th, 2008, 08:29
You are a little on your high horse, but well deservedly. Have to agree with you though. Don't let the ole ******* get you down. Up with Hillary!!

April 24th, 2008, 08:49
PS: I won't be putting you on ignore, not my style similar to the other idiot - your choice if you do the same.Read my Jane Austen footer - although I doubt you can understand it. Having fools like you on {Ignore} rather defeats the purpose

April 24th, 2008, 19:00
PS: I won't be putting you on ignore, not my style similar to the other idiot - your choice if you do the same.Read my Jane Austen footer - although I doubt you can understand it. Having fools like you on {Ignore} rather defeats the purpose

Jane Austen, not my style Hom, too boring, too much pink lemonade and floppy hat stuff - do you understand that?

April 25th, 2008, 01:50
Jane Austen, not my style Hom, too boring, too much pink lemonade and floppy hat stuff - do you understand that?I've got your style (or rather, lack of it) pretty much worked out, dear boy

April 25th, 2008, 02:56
Jane Austen, not my style Hom, too boring, too much pink lemonade and floppy hat stuff - do you understand that?I've got your style (or rather, lack of it) pretty much worked out, dear boy

You think you do, its your arrorgance showing through, and you know what "thought" did don't you! You're not qualified to make that judgement either academically or experience wise.

April 25th, 2008, 03:32
... its your arrorgance showing through ...And your point is ... , dear boy?

April 25th, 2008, 04:46
... its your arrorgance showing through ...And your point is ... , dear boy?

Plenty of points to raise, plentyyyyyyyy, to numerous to list "dear"!

April 25th, 2008, 22:23
... to numerous to list ...I hadn't realised "numerous" is a transitive verb until now. Perhaps you meant "too numerous"?

April 26th, 2008, 04:42
You are totally right - I don't mind admitting when I make TOO many mistakes or I am wrong - just a slip of keyboard, this mail room clerk can normally type 100 wpm but must have been doing 130 when I typed that!

April 26th, 2008, 05:44
You are totally right - I don't mind admitting when I make TOO many mistakes or I am wrong - just a slip of keyboard, this mail room clerk can normally type 100 wpm but must have been doing 130 when I typed that!Is your family name Strickland-Venables by any chance?

Khor tose
April 26th, 2008, 06:42
You are correct Homointern. If he can type that fast he must be. I doubt he would live on St. James.
I have removed my ignore of White-Desire. It is not his fault that he is a "Hobbledeboy", any more then it is your fault that you are probably a "Greenery-Yallery".

Khor tose
April 26th, 2008, 08:00
GOP Presidential candidate John McCain tried to stop an ad being run by the North Carolina Republican party. Republican chairwoman Linda Daves the LEADER of the North Carolina Republican Party told him she was running the ad, even if, McCain did not approve. I guess McCain should have ran for the LEADERSHIP of the GOP, rather then, President.
In all fairness, I should point out that, unlike a parliamentary government, the Presidential candidate or the highest sitting official is not the leader of his party. I could tell you why this is a better system, but I think that would start another argument.

April 26th, 2008, 14:35
You are correct Homointern. If he can type that fast he must be. I doubt he would live on St. James.
I have removed my ignore of White-Desire. It is not his fault that he is a "Hobbledeboy", any more then it is your fault that you are probably a "Greenery-Yallery".

I can see there is another idiot on this board who thinks he's educated, you should get together with him Hom, perhaps you can do the crossword together! Mind you all this name calling is a little childish and generally means one can't think of anything else to say, apart from rear end crap.

April 26th, 2008, 14:40
You are totally right - I don't mind admitting when I make TOO many mistakes or I am wrong - just a slip of keyboard, this mail room clerk can normally type 100 wpm but must have been doing 130 when I typed that!Is your family name Strickland-Venables by any chance?

Name calling again, ner ner ner ner ner! Grow up!

Brad the Impala
April 26th, 2008, 14:56
Mind you all this name calling is a little childish and generally means one can't think of anything else to say, apart from rear end crap.

Surely, given both your sexual preferences, you guys can find some common ground?

kip_la-old
April 26th, 2008, 15:14
No question about it, Obama will win the Democratic nomination. He simply has more delegates than Clinton. She is hoping that the Democratic super-delegates will overturn the popular vote but this will bring cries of foul-play and racism and she would be accused of stealing the nomination. Clinton has stayed in the race because she knows that as time goes on, more and more people are discovering issues of character with Obama. His 20 year close relationship with a preacher who has a history of race-baiting and anti-American sermons may doom Obama's chances in the national elections. America still tends to vote "right-of-center" and far-left candidates like Obama usually lose big in the nationals. Clinton would have had a much better chance but it is too late now. Even though many thought that Bush had ruined any chances for a Republican, it appears the U.S. will likely be swearing in President McCain in January 2009.

April 26th, 2008, 15:39
far-left candidates like Obama .

This is a howler of the first order. Wave after wave of side-splitting laughter!!!

April 27th, 2008, 09:55
... we are all in for a shock. Clinton is a very smart woman, whilst she only at the moment has 1592 total delegates and Obama 1723, I'm not sure how many delegates she obtained in Florida and Michigan, albeit it makes no difference because they are void as we speak, but didn't Clinton obtain around 113 and 80 in Florida and Michigan respectively and Obama 71 in Florida, although he wasn't on the ballot papers in Michigan. Someone correct those figures if I'm wrong, now in my opinion as far as I am concerned, whilst the delegates are not counted and it doesn't look like they will be counted, that basically puts her literally on par or ahead Obama. I bet some of those super delegates are thinking that also, but only thinking it.

Things are turning around for Clinton, and the tide seems to be turning. She will not give up, even if it means destroying the chances of the Democratic party at the presidential election whoever the candidate may be.

My opinion is that if Clinton gets voted in, then she will be a serious contender for the presidential election. If Obama gets voted in, then McCain will win the presidential election, and I think democratic party members know this. Obama has brought out all the voters from under the woodwork, voters who would not normally give a hoot about politics, that is where the support is coming from.

Postscript:

Those figures were:
Florida: 211
Michigan: 157
Hypothetical Florida result: Clinton 113, Obama 71
Hypothetical Michigan result: Clinton 80, Uncommitted 55