PDA

View Full Version : Another Phone Gone Astray

April 22nd, 2008, 20:34
My b/f got back late last night to inform me he has had his mobile stolen once again (this is the 5th one). Luckily as per usual he had loaned his sim card to a friend at the time so he no problems with lost data. I don't want to go out and spend another 18,000 baht on a new one so I am considering buying 2 way walkie talkies. Can anyone recommend a make with a good brand. :clown: :clown: :clown:

bigben
April 22nd, 2008, 20:50
Please don't take this the wrong way BUT ...........

Why would your BF lend his SIM card to his friend, wouldn't it be easier and quicker to just let his friend use his phone?

5 phones stolen....what in the last 10 years?

I think maybe he is not being 100% honest with you kind sir.

A walkie talky may work, but why not buy him an old Nokia model 3310 or 3315 second hand for 600 baht at any of the mobile shops at the IT centers.

They are great phones and no one will steal it because it is old fashion.

Just my 10 cents worth.

April 22nd, 2008, 20:59
I wouldn't like him to lose face with his friend by giving ham an old Nokia 3310 as he says only tight old falangs use them now

April 22nd, 2008, 21:01
Some one just has to say it, OUT LOUD!!! His phone has not been stolen it has been sold, for the fifth time....and he has you totally bullshited. No one..I repeat no one, loans their SIM card to someone....and then has their phone stolen for the fifth time WAKE UP!!! Having you as a BF is better than winning the lottery.

Sometimes the truth is ugly and people are unwilling to say it outloud....I actually feel that telling you the truth is a kindness, even if you don't realize it right now.

Tell him how sorry you are, but that he is a big boy now, so what he losses he replaces or goes without.

TrongpaiExpat
April 22nd, 2008, 21:04
I guess you guys responding here have some difficulties spotting a TROLL.

t42 is likely BBB, and if not just the same-same.

Ignore

jinks
April 22nd, 2008, 22:26
I guess you guys responding here have some difficulties spotting a TROLL.

t42 is likely BBB, and if not just the same-same.

A troll maybe but sadly a British one ... :clown:

His boyfriend must have connections with the local phone shops in the UK.

Not Billy unless he, God forbid, has moved here :flower:

Wesley
April 22nd, 2008, 22:36
If after this many thefts, have you considered you are the one getting screwed, so convenient he has all his information again.

April 23rd, 2008, 03:53
... especially if you're in Pattaya. Use sea shells, put one up against your ear and he does the same!!

Communicating between rooms, two glasses will do it, rest them on the wall.

April 23rd, 2008, 04:46
NOBODY loses their phone 5 times & miraculously has the SIM card.

:bigsmurf:

francois
April 23rd, 2008, 06:02
My b/f got back late last night to inform me he has had his mobile stolen once again (this is the 5th one). Luckily as per usual he had loaned his sim card to a friend at the time so he no problems with lost data. I don't want to go out and spend another 18,000 baht on a new one so I am considering buying 2 way walkie talkies. Can anyone recommend a make with a good brand. :clown: :clown: :clown:

t42; I think your above post answers your previous post as to buying a house in your bf's name! Not a good idea esp with your boyfriend.

Diec
April 23rd, 2008, 09:56
t42, it's obvious your boyfriend is telling you in a very subtle way that you are not giving him enough money to spend. This poor boy is forced to sell his beloved cell phone in order to eat. What kind of Cheap Charlie are you? I make sure my fiance' has enough money so that he does not have to sell any of his possessions. You are lucky your BF does not leave you because of your "cheapness." I would gladly buy the little fellow a phone...all he wants is love. It seems to me you are not available to give it to him.

bing
April 23rd, 2008, 12:39
Phones in Pattaya seem to have a lot more status symbol connected with them than in other parts of the world. My Thai friend is very conscious of his phone identity. Getting it out of his hand would be like the Charlton Heston's statement about prying the gun out of his cold dead hands. He spoke to me about a new phone, and I let him know I had no intention of springing for a phone. Since I was with him for a couple of weeks, he took a certain pleasure, after the first week, in showing me his new phone with built in camera. Beside my phone number was my picture embedded in its memory. So while not shopping for the phone with him, I bought it, none the less. He is not a youngster but at 28 he sports his phone like many of us sport our cars.

April 23rd, 2008, 14:06
T42
Is this the same b/f you were thinking of buying a house with and putting it in his name "HELL-OW" are you there are you awake. If you insist on buying him another phone get him the least expensive think that will work and to hell with face and his alleged friends, if they think he should have a more expensive model then tell him to get them to buy it for him.
Don't forget dint buy a house in his name buy a condo in yours the house mite get lost ?????

April 23rd, 2008, 14:56
NOBODY loses their phone 5 times & miraculously has the SIM card.

:bigsmurf:

It is possible to retrieve a DUPLICATE sim card from the service provider if previously registered. My gig has done that a couple of times when he's left his (cheap) phone on the bus.

True fattman, but the sim card will be duplicate only in terms of the number. It will not contain all the stored phone numbers and messages, etc.

sjaak327
April 23rd, 2008, 15:10
But then of course, there are ways to save all your numbers, messages and the like, by using Nokia Pc suite. Memory cards show up as normal drives in Windows, so no problem really.

Obvious troll, fun to see that some people either pretend, or really didn't notice :)

April 23rd, 2008, 16:42
DELETED

April 24th, 2008, 07:35
Yup.

Wind Up Artist at work all right....
One of the more clever ones. I like the touch of having the boyfriend loan out his sim card. That was almost as good as saying his boyfriend's lawyer recommended buying a house.

Watch out for this guy. :evil2:

May 4th, 2008, 07:42
Have you been to Soi 9 to ask if anyone has handed it in

allieb
May 4th, 2008, 13:15
I wouldn't like him to lose face with his friend by giving ham an old Nokia 3310 as he says only tight old falangs use them now

So its better for you to loose face with your farang friends and buy him his 6th phone.

Its clear to me that he probably has 3 or 4 sim cards and when his phone was stolen it just happened that another sim card was in it which was allocated to another farang.

Each Fa rang ATM is usually assigned his own telephone number. When my bf moved in for the kill he got me slightly drunk and asked me to come and see his room in Bang Sue. It was quite a basic room with no AC and a mattress on the floor. I felt very sorry for him. I wasn't too drunk though to notice on a shelf in the corner 3 sim cards in small open china box.

I never confronted him at the time and he hadn't realized that I had seen them. On my next visit to BKK 3 months later I came a few day early and just showed up at the room and knocked the door. Guess what, nicely decorated a new fridge TV and quite different to the dreadful room I had seen 3 months earlier.

I am not with him now for other reasons but I know now that my first visit was a theatrical display of exaggerated poverty as another farang I know who got involved with him and went through the same performance.

Aunty
May 4th, 2008, 13:47
I think maybe he is not being 100% honest with you kind sir.

Noooooooo, you think???? Get outta here! Who would have thought such a thing!!!???

I'm fairly sure the OP is not BBB. (Aren't we all) Rather than posting this thread he'd be more likely responding to it, telling you, son, your problem is you're a poof.

May 5th, 2008, 08:30
Bought my friend the 8th phone in 3 years, after not having one for about 5 months.

Not too expensive, but with all the features: FM radio, MP3 player, camera, WAP/GPRS, etc. etc.
He was very happy with it.

Last weekend a motorbike taxi driver asked if he could listen to the radio, using my friends' phone; of course my friend didn't say no.
Motorbike taxi left with a customer and my friends' phone. My friend is posting at the motorbike taxi stand now for the last 2 days.........no sign of the taxi driver.

May 5th, 2008, 17:04
18000???

go to tuk.com and buy 3 for that price! Surely he cant lose all of them!