PDA

View Full Version : UK Mansion

April 22nd, 2008, 09:28
Hello, I have had the UK Mansion (off of Silom Road) recommended as a convenient and good short term (perhaps a month or two) accommodation for this summer in Bangkok. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who knows of it or has stayed there.

Thanks!

TrongpaiExpat
April 22nd, 2008, 12:42
Why not just start out in a hotel and after your rested go out and look around for a monthly rental. One of the ways to find out what available is to walk and ask. Ask the motocy boys and they might even take you around for a flat fee to several places. The further out from Silom and further out from a MRT/BTS station the price goes down. Most every station has a motocy stand, find one driver that can speak some English if you can't speak enough Thai to tell them what your looking for other wise you being farang they will just assume your looking for sexual adventure.

Look for small side roads off the major roads and there's room for rent signs all over Bangkok.

April 23rd, 2008, 01:08
It's a walk-up - no lift (aka. elevator) - I visited a sick friend on the top floor once (and only once)
Absolutely no cooking in the room