PDA

View Full Version : Thai

a447
April 21st, 2008, 17:42
Thai

llz
April 21st, 2008, 17:56
Fantastic report - and very arousing, if you ask me ..., thank you A ...
I cannot figure what this "lipstick" bar could be ... perhaps X1 Pub & Karaoke
Soi Anuman Ratchathon, on the 1st floor of the X Group complex ?

bing
April 21st, 2008, 18:09
Now that is a post. You must be exhausted, giving of yourself so heroically for our benefit. Enjoyed reading every line.

adman5000
April 21st, 2008, 18:38
Thank you for taking the time to post a trip report.

April 21st, 2008, 18:47
Lipstick is now called Golden Rose.

TrongpaiExpat
April 21st, 2008, 18:56
Lipstick is now called Golden Rose.

Last week it was the Golden Flower as in Doc Tong

catawampuscat
April 21st, 2008, 18:59
excellent report a4 and I can concur with most of your opinions on the boy bars in BKK.
The upstairs bar with the lift was called Golden Flower as I recall and I also found some interest there..

The shows change all the time and HotMale was considered the best a few months back but now it has lost
its edge completely and many cigarette smokers are another negative.. X Boys show was good but was better a few
months ago.

We saw the show at Tawan the other nite. The stereotype of big muscled boys compensating for small penises
was not proven.. the big cock show was an eye full but the fuck show had ladymen bottoms.. Worth seeing if
you like bigger men, naked with boners but much better sex at Boy Bangkok show.. No tobacco smoking at Tawan
or Boys Bangkok and that is a big plus for this poster... :cat:

a447
April 21st, 2008, 19:15
fatttman, you are right - I don't see anything except the insides of bars and the boys' jocks. But hey, that's exactly why I visit Thailand. To each his own. BTW, I have been there many times and in the early days did the sightseeing stuff. But I prefer Japan and Europe for sightseeing.

Sen Yai
April 21st, 2008, 20:01
I arrived in BKK April 5 and immediately headed to Soi Twighlight and walked into Boys Bangkok. As soon as I sat down one of the dancers (hah!) spotted me and started waving frantically. He mouthed my name and then jumped off the stage and came to sit with me. He not only remembered my name, but all the other intimate details about me. It was Jack, a guy I offed 3 times back in January 2007! What a memory. I mean, it is not as though he had run out the back, opened up his note book and "boned up" on me. I was stunned and, of course, offed him 3 nights in a row and paid him 1000 for the short time.. On the last night he mumbled something in Thai as he was leaving. "Should be 2000 for short time," he said and then stormed out. What??? In 1 hour he could earn 10 times the average Thai DAILY wage!!!! .........

I told him I was pissed off with him and that he should have told me if 1000 was not enough. "No, 1000 ok. No problem." I never offed him again and judging by the lack of farang on some nights, maybe he was regretting his sudden greed.

I can't help feeling a little sorry for Jack. Here's a guy that remembered you well from more than a year ago, impressed you enough to off him again for 3 more nights, but you refused to pay him a bigger tip when he had the courage to ask.

This is low season and the boys may not be getting "10 times the average Thai DAILY wage" in a week. 1000 baht really is a minimum tip even for short time, so he clearly thought that if you liked him so much you might be persuaded to be a little more generous. I'm sure he and his mates sometimes do get 2000 for short time and for them any farang that can afford 1000 every night, might be able afford 2000 too. After all it is a "tip" not a published hourly rate. Offering a 500 baht bonus might have been a face-saving gesture for all.

But thanks for writing your report :thumbright:

a447
April 21st, 2008, 20:27
Sen Yai, I forgot to mention that when I first offed him back in 2007 I took him shopping to MBK and spent quite a bit on him. I also went upstairs to a homewares shop where his sister (wife??) works and bought him some toys for his nephews (sons??).
I really feel that 1000 baht for a short time is enough, especially as the boys can eat REALLY well for 40 baht out on the street. That is the equivalent of 25 meals for 1 hours work!!!
He did not ask for more money BEFORE I offed him. He already knew that I paid 1000 baht so if he did not think it was enough, then he should have said so. Also, multiple offs should be cheaper than one-offs, I think, as the boy knows he will have a steady income.
I found back in 2007 that after the 3rd off in a row, he became a little lazy and just wanted to watch t.v. That pissed me off a little.

......so he clearly thought that if you liked him so much...

No, he clearly saw me as a customer, nothing more, nothing less. That is why he came up to me every tinme I went to the bar, knowing full well that he would get 1000 baht if he came with me.
"Up to you"

April 21st, 2008, 20:51
... hotel did you stay at in Bangkok?

a447
April 21st, 2008, 21:29
I stayed at the Rose Hotel, near Soi Twighlight.
The room was ok - very clean, and there was no problem bringing a boy back. There was no joiner fee.
I was very concerned that they let the guy come up to room unannounced.
I would definitely stay there again.

April 21st, 2008, 22:03
Sen Yai, I forgot to mention that when I first offed him back in 2007 I took him shopping to MBK and spent quite a bit on him. I also went upstairs to a homewares shop where his sister (wife??) works and bought him some toys for his nephews (sons??).

That is exactly the reason why he thought that he could get 2000 short time. He obviously thought you were smitten with him and that he could up the ante. Spoil them once and they come to expect it! The fatal error that many of us have been a victim of!

April 21st, 2008, 22:21
Thanks - that report brought back so many memories.

Sen Yai
April 22nd, 2008, 00:50
(Sen Yai said) ......so he clearly thought that if you liked him so much... (end quote)

No, he clearly saw me as a customer, nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, he saw you as a customer, but he thought you liked him more - that was my point.

He knew you always paid 1000 baht.....multiple offs should be cheaper......you'd already spent a lot of money on him and his family........he should have asked for more before services rendered, not after......: all logical arguments from a Western perspective, but this is low season and you are a "rich" farang so who can blame him for trying for a bigger tip? The fact that he came back to you again in Dreamboys proves that tips are always "up to you".

ceejay
April 22nd, 2008, 05:48
"

One of the many useful pieces of advice in the old Cafe Royale Pattaya guide (that I have mentioned here before) was that a bar boy will always see presents as being in addition to and not instead of cash payment. The reason given was that money is, in fact very important to him. Especially in the low season, he may not be offed for a week or more at a time - and he has to live. He will also, quite probably be sending money to support a family in Isaan or wherever he comes from. You can't do that with a pair of trainers.

My usual way is to off a boy long time - for the length of the stay (false starts excepted). Sure, I allow a certain amount of "shopping" - I can get a lot of pleasure for myself from watching a boy, like a kid in a candy store, choosing some shoes or a pair of jeans oh so carefully - but there's a budget for that, like there is for everything. If the wheedling to buy stuff gets too much - I tell him that if I buy that, then I will have less money to give him when I leave. That works.

anakot
April 22nd, 2008, 07:13
On the street тАУ I was approached by a boy lurking at the entrance to Soi Twighlight. His name is Boy. (such imagination).

Probably more descriptive.
บ่อย pronounced 'boi' means frequent/often 555

thanks for the gutsy post... These days I don't visit BB's but enjoyed the commentary.

April 22nd, 2008, 08:55
IF the only reason one comes to thailand is for wall to wall sex... when you factor in the price of flying half way around the world, those "OFFs" become very expensive indeed.

a447
April 22nd, 2008, 13:58
Jake, there are 2 reasons I visit Thailand - one is for the guys and the other is to eat. But a couple of weeks offing boys every night, plus hotel rooms gets really expensive.
Which leads me to the question : If you have a boy stay with you your entire holiday, how much would you pay him at the end of, say, 2 weeks?? That way, it may work out cheaper.

Sen Yai
April 22nd, 2008, 14:31
If you have a boy stay with you your entire holiday, how much would you pay him at the end of, say, 2 weeks?? That way, it may work out cheaper.

If he stays with you for 12-14 days, I suggest you tip him 20,000 in cash. Give him 4k after a few days and another 6k in the second week and then a final tip of 10k when you say goodbye - you might even want to give him more then!

This is just cash in hand. All food and entertainment extra.