PDA

View Full Version : off season best time to go

lonelywombat
April 19th, 2008, 18:50
My friend who has just arrived home screams the best time to go to Pattaya is low season

He went to a number of bars and was disappointed.

He saw a boy he wanted to sit with him but maybe not go off.

He gave him 100 baht for the contact. Said he would come back

Next night he came back and was surprised at the welcome[subdued but not unfriendly] More boys interested.

He did not throw money around with " gay" abandon but liked the guys He paid a lot of guys dinner money

That is not his expression but what the boys say. He said If I pay the boys for a meal is that wrong.

My answer is you are doing more for the boys than most people. Forget what you are doing and keep on doing it

And enjoy the flow on from Thais who understand the difference who wants cheap sex and someone who wants friendship

it is enough for me to look at timetables again he he he

April 19th, 2008, 23:34
I have always enjoyed the "hot season" in Thailand, and recently (April 3rd) wrote a post on "The bar situation in Chiang Mai." (That particular thread veered off immediately into the possible meanings of "prosperous farmer" in Thailand.)

The discomforts awaiting you are (1) the temperature -- it's hot! Maybe try to sleep during the day (2) you just might be the only desirable customer in the places you visit. On the other hand, the guys in the bar will be happy about getting "dinner money." 100 baht is enough to go out for muu katha and stuff yourself silly. I just spoke with one of the local "stars" in Chiang Mai, saying that he had gone off exactly TWICE in the last three weeks.

I also agree with everyone who said that it is an excellent time to make friendships stronger. A friend in need is a friend indeed.

Jetsam
April 20th, 2008, 00:00
A friend in need is a friend indeed.

Huh?

Maybe he need a friend, but if he is in need he is not automaticly( what a cunt of a word and I not go to look it up :) ) is my friend

April 20th, 2008, 00:16
This is an old English saying, Jetsam. It directly implies that the people I was discussing were my friends long before desperation struck them. When that happens, some "friends" just walk away -- in Thai that would probably be pheuan kin.

But it's hard to post anything on this board without helpful strangers rushing to misunderstand and call names.

By the way, Jetsam, there is another saying (Ancient Greek) which says that "Between friends all things are in common."

I bet you don't like that a bit!

April 20th, 2008, 21:22
A friend in need is a friend indeed. This is an old English saying, Jetsam. It directly implies that the people I was discussing were my friends long before desperation struck them. When that happens, some "friends" just walk away

It must have a different meaning in the US to its meaning in "old English", where it means that a friend who remains with you when you are in need (not them!) is a friend indeed.

April 20th, 2008, 22:13
[quote="Henry Cate":19m45yca] A friend in need is a friend indeed. This is an old English saying, Jetsam. It directly implies that the people I was discussing were my friends long before desperation struck them. When that happens, some "friends" just walk away

It must have a different meaning in the US to its meaning in "old English", where it means that a friend who remains with you when you are in need (not them!) is a friend indeed.[/quote:19m45yca]

I'm sure that if you try harder, you can make this distinction clear -- rather than just making random anti-American comments. I will try to help you: "You have many friends when you are prosperous. If you lose that prosperity and fall into poverty, typically you lose all those wonderful friends, too. A friend who sticks with you when times are dark is indeed a true friend."

You seem to have become quite entangled in trying to explain this incorrectly, all to make a cheap jibe.