PDA

View Full Version : Club One Seven

April 19th, 2008, 16:51
I have been a traveller to Thailand for quite a few years and had planned to visit Phuket when the tsunami hit so delayed my visit until this February.
After doing the usual cruise around for accommodation I chose Club One Seven and was not disappointed.
Club One Seven is best described as a "value added" guest house but has all the benefits of a 4 star hotel. I'm not exactly mean with my money on holiday, but expect value for money and at 1600 baht/night was very good value. The rooms are described as superior/deluxe (there are no suites). You can either have a river (stream) view or a view over the street. River view is most probably the best as it also overlooks the garden and pool. The rooms are large with king size medium/soft beds with huge pillows and are immaculately maintained by burmese boys. (Eye candy only). Interestingly, the only Thai employed is the night receptionist. Daniel See, the manager is from Singapore. All are delightful.
The bathrooms are wet areas and there is plenty of hot water in the shower with good water pressure. and the usual complimentary bits and pieces like toothbursh etc for your guest.
Regarding joiners, there is no charge, their id is photocopied by reception, and when they leave, reception will call you to see if you are ok. Also breakfast for your friend is complimentary. I think that is a great touch.
Mini bar in room is adequate and plenty of channels to chose from on tv. Good reception.
Indoor/outdoor restaurant with good thai and european food.
Right next door is 7 Eleven, atm, currency exchange, travel agent and pharmacy.
It is a 20 minute stroll to Paradise complex, but a 10-15 minute ride by tuk tuk to the gay area of Patong beach.
Having a pool is a real plus. Great after a day the beach or whatever and from memory the happy hour runs from about 4pm to 7pm with Singha about 50 baht. Guess what? The pool is open 24/7! How many of us have been to so called resort hotels and been told the pool is closed at 8pm.
When I brought a friend back with me at about 1 am I asked if it was ok to use the pool and the receptionist asked me "you want lights on or lights off?"
Great.
All in all this place was one of the best experiences I have had in Thailand. Very "family". I have stayed at various places, including Pinnacle, Tarntawan, Ambience and others, and they could all take a lesson from Club One Seven.

thrillbill
April 19th, 2008, 17:04
The gay hotel, Club One-Seven, is by far the best gay hotel when it comes to Phuket BUT...it is far from the gay scene where Paradise Plaza is. My BF and I just stayed there this week for 4 days and we enjoyed the quietness, cleanliness of the rooms, and the staff being professionally trained... but we did find it a hassle to walk to the gay beach area and over to the Paradise Center area at night. True, at night we paid 150 baht to hop into a tuk-tuk to get to the bars at Paradise and back but we found the tuk-tuk drivers a pain in the arse to bargain with and we both agreed that the guys in South Thailand are of a different "kind" compared to rest of Thailand -- not as friendly and lacking charm as the rest of LOS. (of course my BF is from North Thailand).

If you aren't into hitting the gay bars, sea food restaurants, and the gay beach area a few steps away from your hotel, then Club One Seven is above the norm. By the way, if you are a member of the Club One Seven Sauna in Singapore, you get a 10 percent discount of the price. Oh, if you aren't into exercising, then make sure you book a room on the first floor, there are NO elevators.

jinks
April 19th, 2008, 19:32
make sure you book a room on the first floor, there are NO elevators.

Mine - 1st floor - for December has been booked since January.

A little extra is the Wi Fi with repeaters on each floor.

I will be there again this coming December.
I recommend it....

Club 17 website (http://www.cluboneseven.net/)
http://www.cluboneseven.net/images/clubmenu-service_051.jpg

TrongpaiExpat
April 19th, 2008, 22:14
I have booked a room for late May and have never stayed there. I am driving. Is there room for parking? Off street or on street?