PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya Sat nite

thrillbill
April 19th, 2008, 13:45
Today is the big "legal" Songkran water festival in Pattaya. I can't remember if the water activities will end at dusk or continue until midnight tonight. :bounce: I want to go to Boystown tonite but not get wet... been there, done that...

April 19th, 2008, 14:07
This is my first Songkron in Pattaya and I must say it seems to be very calm. Friday I took my motorbike to Sunee Plaza. I stopped at Ole' for diner and then on to Sunee Plaza to the Come In bar. Never once did I get hit with water going or coming back home although I say a couple people that did get hit.

A few bars had some of the staff throwing water on each other and when I walked by asked "a little water?". They put a few drops on me and that was it!

I am still amazed how polite everyone has been.

I did not venture into the Boys town area so have no idea how it was there.

April 19th, 2008, 14:15
The festivities (water throwing) stops fairly promptly at 6pm tonight there may be the odd daft drunk furang here and there with a water pistol to hand, but in the main all the Thais will be finished with it at 6pm.
So by the time you get to Boyztown I would presume between 9pm and 2am it will all be last years history mostly all dried up and gone away

travelerjim
April 19th, 2008, 14:16
Good Luck!

Pattaya mail reported that the Songkran activity
Saturday will last til 10:00PM

http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd5

Pattaya Beach Road closed to traffic April 19

Songkran festivities underway

The Wan Lai - Gong Khao Pattaya Festival, more usually known as Songkran,
is officially underway, running locally from April 18 to 20.

... Saturday April 19 will see Pattaya Wan Lai celebrated at Chaimongkol Temple in South Pattaya.

... On Sunday April 20, Gong Khao Pattaya will be celebrated at Lanpho Naklua Public Park,
and from 12 noon there will be games including slingshot, hoop takraw, sea boxing,
greasy pole climbing, and a martial arts display. At 6:30 p.m. there will be food stands
set up and performances of country songs.

Songkran always brings severe traffic congestion, and this year it has been decided
to close Pattaya Beach Road from the Dusit Curve to South Pattaya Beach on April 19,
between the hours of 9 a.m. and 10 p.m.

...This will allow residents and tourists to enjoy the water festival without
the danger of traffic, and Pattaya City will provide water tanks for this along Beach Road.

... GMM Grammy Artists will also provide musical entertainment during the day.

----------------------------------

To be sure...
Stay inside to stay dry :-0

Good Luck on getting to Boyztown Saturday night dry!

April 19th, 2008, 14:31
Travelerjim
Believe me it will be over shortly after 6pm, regarding Pattaya Beach Road there may be some of these horrible noisy bands still playing on the stages and hordes milling around wet and drunk but it will be over, and one doesn't have to enter Boyztown from beach rd, second road is better.

thrillbill
April 19th, 2008, 20:22
Hard to get to Boystown on 2nd Rd when you live in North Pattaya... By the way, I like Songkran as long as it lasts one day and NOT over a week.