PDA

View Full Version : May 3 - 4 = Bar closures for Elections

jinks
April 17th, 2008, 20:32
I found this on the Birdcage site.
I presume it does apply to all bars in Pattaya.

The Pee Saderd concert for May 3 has been CANCELLED.
Because of elections being held in Pattaya on May 4 it is expected that bars will be forced to close, or unable to sell alcohol, from 6pm May 3 until midnight May 4.

http://www.birdcagepattaya.com/index.shtml

DonMuang-old
April 20th, 2008, 07:37
Is it only a Pattaya election or does it apply to other places too?

April 20th, 2008, 15:08
The election is for "Mayor of Pattaya" and applies only to Pattaya.
Whether or not the bars have to close or can stay open and only sell soft drinks "NO alcohol" remains to still be confirmed.

April 20th, 2008, 15:29
Is there somewhere the owners can call and ask if the bars can sell alcohol on those days? How or when are they notified?

April 22nd, 2008, 19:42
Seems that there are Provincial Government elections in Pattaya on April 27, so may be no alcohol from 6pm April 26 until late on April 27.

Two "dry" Saturday's in a row . . . :rr:

April 26th, 2008, 16:52
Because of Provincial Government elections the bars in Pattaya apparently are allowed to stay open tonight but cant sell alcohol only soft drinks.

catawampuscat
April 26th, 2008, 23:46
In Pattaya,
Sunee Plaza mostly dark with several exceptions. Several customers drinking coffee in large mugs or maybe it was tea...
Boyztown area mostly open with no alcohol being served.. Can really only speak for Pattayaland soi 1 and 2 as we
didn't make it over to Boyztown Pattayaland soi 3..
I was surprised how few farangs/customers were out and about and the very large number of gogo boys..

Sunday will start off alcohol-less and start serving the suds later in the evening, if history is repeated.. :cat:

thrillbill
April 27th, 2008, 01:10
It seems that even the Thais don't know about the elections (maybe closing the bars is a way to let the locals that they should vote for something)... It is certainly different from the States where they have to campaign for over a year before.. and don't know what else is going on in the world...even when their own economy is going down the toilent.