PDA

View Full Version : Fri 25 Kevin's & Marsha's Birthday Bash @ The Birdcage

April 17th, 2008, 20:31
Dear All,
I am posting to let you know that Kevin & Marsha's Birthday Bash at The Birdcage, Soi Day Night 1, Pattaya, will now be held on Friday 25th April. As you will all know, my Dad is unable to attend, but as the saying goes "The show must go on".
If you can make it, it would be great for me to be able to put faces to names, and also it would be a fantastic opportunity for everyone to show their support for my Dad. Those of you that have attended previous birthday celebrations when we were at Throb/Splash will know that the birthday party is always a night to remember!
To mark the occasion, we will also have a brand new 'extra sexy' show-As well as appearances from special guests, not forgetting the Birdcage showboys and coyote dancers!
Hope to see you there,
Aaron Quill
http://www.jinks.clara.net/04ads/0425birdcage.jpg

April 17th, 2008, 21:03
I am looking forward to the night. I hope the flyer posted here is no indication of the all new sexy show though :blackeye:

April 17th, 2008, 21:44
Good luck Aaron, keep the flag flying for your dad.....

I'm surprised JJDeed hasn't complained about this post yet.....................

krobbie
April 18th, 2008, 03:45
Aaron, I am stuck here scratching out a living in New Zealand so won't be back in LoS until August. I will be thinking about Kevin on the night though.

Good luck to the cast and crew and I hope the night is hugely successful.

Cheers,
krobbie

April 18th, 2008, 12:14
DELETED

April 18th, 2008, 12:40
Sanook wrote:
Good luck Aaron, keep the flag flying for your dad.....

I'm surprised JJDeed hasn't complained about this post yet.....................

Sunook why would you think I would want to complain about that posting ???

April 19th, 2008, 17:34
Choc Dee Aaron, I hope you get the support on the night that you deserve. See you there. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biggthumpup.gif

George.

April 19th, 2008, 22:58
You seem like a worthy son and I know your father is proud of you. Here's wishing you a good night and know that most of us have nothing but respect for your dad. Keep up the good fight.

April 21st, 2008, 22:10
will be with you in spirit - have a great party!

April 24th, 2008, 20:39
It has occurred to me that the flyer's do not mention Kevin's birthday. The only mention has been by Aaron, Kevin's son. Maybe this was not to be brought up but I would not understand why.

April 25th, 2008, 09:54
DELETED

April 25th, 2008, 12:32
Bollting.
Your comment: Well marsha is the "Kingpin" now Kevins away for 6 years, oh should I say queenpin?

I think comments like these are uncalled for and very hurtful Kevin is in a terrible place fun, sarcasm, and bitchiness of any type should not be directed at him.
I think it just shows that you are a person without feelings or consideration for others who are in a less fortunate position than you are.
It's just NOT funny BITCH.

April 25th, 2008, 13:08
DELETED

Brad the Impala
April 25th, 2008, 13:16
JB's comments were tactless, back up to Marsha "taking over". But you know better than to expect tact from him surely Shirley!

April 25th, 2008, 13:45
It has occurred to me that the flyer's do not mention Kevin's birthday. The only mention has been by Aaron, Kevin's son. Maybe this was not to be brought up but I would not understand why.

With respect PM, I would have thought that the answer to your question was pretty obvious. If you don't genuinely know why, perhaps you should have a word with Kevin's son Aaron, when/if you attend tonight.

George.

April 25th, 2008, 13:59
Two face botting that's a bit precious coming from the like of you, thanks' for the compliment a "c*nt is generally speaking a useful thing to about 90% of the worlds population" so I'm happy to be one.

How you write your comments and how I read them are obviously different, I thought they were unkind and bitchy.
I cant remember being in one camp or another regarding Kevin perhaps you could remind me?.

April 25th, 2008, 16:06

With respect PM, I would have thought that the answer to your question was pretty obvious. If you don't genuinely know why, perhaps you should have a word with Kevin's son Aaron, when/if you attend tonight.

George.

If I knew the reason I would not have asked and prefaced it that way. If you have read my previous posts I have been a staunch supporter of Kevin's. To the point someone posted I always took his side...not that I think that is a bad thing. I am not in a circle who knows Aaron as you maybe. However, the first post was from Aaron that his father's birthday was being honored and he explained the reason for his father not attending (which most of us knew).

I still have no idea why Kevin's name would not be on the flyer's. In all due respect, I believe most attendees will be celebrating and honoring Kevin. Maybe I am in the minority, but that is really why I am attending....no disrespect to "Marsha" is meant.

I feel that a big supportive crowd may help bring a smile to Kevin despite the terrible situation he is so unjustly in...in my view. The weather is not so good right now. I hope this will not keep the numbers down.

Hope you enjoy your night also George.

April 25th, 2008, 16:34
DELETED

April 25th, 2008, 17:26
Hope you enjoy your night also George.

As I hope you enjoy yours too PM. Absolutely no offence meant by me in my post, as I am well aware of where you stand where Kevin's is concerned. My post was badly worded and for that I apologise.

Choc Dee and once again, have a great night. By the way, I will not object if you buy me a drink. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Wink.gif

George. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Peace.gif

April 25th, 2008, 17:50
I wish that I could also be there in person to Honor Kevin and to show support for Aaron and his fathers innocence. Great to read Kevin has more believers in his unjust predicament than those that would rather believe otherwise. Black is black and white is white unless you are wearing tinted spectacles or perhaps a tinted coloured dress if you get my meaning!

Good luck Aaron I will continue to send you private emails supporting your cause, as I hope others do.

April 25th, 2008, 18:21
Hi Fellas,

I've not checked the forums for a few days, as you will all understand I have been running round like a headless chicken! We were advised not to put my Dad's name on the posters, in case it was misinterpreted as an act of defiance against the court's decision. This is why it is only Marsha's names on the poster, and not my dad's as well.

The original posters had a photo of both Marsha and my Dad, as we thought that it was a foregone conclusion that my dad would be found not guilty, and that the court was just a formality. Because of what happened on April 8th, and after following the Embassy's advice, we then had to re-do the posters.

Even though the posters now read 'Marsha's Birthday Bash', we all know that the party is also for my Dad! I have been told that petitions and criticism of the Thai Courts are a definite 'no go' for me (and my Dad's many, many supporters), but as I discussed with Marsha earlier, there is no problem with a 'Show of support' for my Dad, and Marsha also recommended that we have Birthday cards for everyone to sign (which I purchased from Hallmark a couple of hours ago!), which will then be taken to my Dad next week.

Thanks again, and I will look forward to meeting those of you that can attend at the bar tonight. Your support has been overwhelming, and also a big thank you for the many emails of support I have received.

All the best,

Aaron

Brad the Impala
April 25th, 2008, 22:02
Good luck tonight! Whatever the legal rights and wrongs, Kevin seemed to be a fundamentally good man, when I came into contact with him at his first bar in Pattaya Cruz 101. He treated his staff fairly, evenly generously and with respect, and there aren't many bar owners you can say that about!

April 25th, 2008, 23:55
Thanks Aaron for the explanation.

I did attend the party tonight but could not stay past 11:00pm. Nice crowd, great changes have been made to the bar and routine. Very nice time. Thaose that have not been back to Birdcage for awhile will be pleased I feel.

catawampuscat
April 26th, 2008, 00:31
I was at birdcage tonite and am happy to report great improvements in the lighting and the boys.

I liked that the go go boys also danced in the birdcages and overall the guys were hot and sexy.. A vast improvement
over the previous group.. Quite a few stars on the stage in my humble opinion and a big crowd was
in attendance..

A big thumps up and the joint is now well worth visiting..
Like Pattaya Male, I departed before the show and will leave a report on the sexy show to other posters...

By the way, I was the one wearing the pearls.. :cat:

April 26th, 2008, 02:54
Tam and Mark, thanks for a great night and two excellent shows, in which I had never seen any of the routines previously, either at Throb/Splash, or the Birdcage.

Aaron and Sean, you are two great guys that any father would be proud of, as I know your dad is of you both. I am sure that he will be even prouder after he hears about tonight.

Choc Dee Guys, keep your chin up and have a safe journey home. I look forward to seeing you both again in better times.

You both rock. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biggthumpup.gif

George. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Peace.gif

April 26th, 2008, 05:54
Dear All,

Thanks to all of you that attended the party. Those of you that were there will have seen that it was a huge success, and I think that I am safe to say that the evening was enjoyed by both staff & customers alike!

The staff at The Birdcage deserved such a fantastic turnout. Everyone involved, from the showboys, to the catering staff at Googie's & Pizza Pizza have worked tirelessly, to ensure that the evening was enjoyed by all, and succeeded. I cannot take any credit whatsoever for this, as it is due to the commitment & dedication of the boys, and Mark/Marsha's guidance-Not me.

it was an emotional evening for me, actually seeing that my Dad has so much support, and knowing that there were many people that couldn't make it for various reasons. To those of you that signed my dad's birthday card, your comments were truly heartwarming, snd it goes to show that even though there are some nasty pieces of work in Pattaya-Especially at certain bars in Boyz Town, there still remains a huge number of genuine, good people.

A fantastic evening, and it was nice for me to meet many of you 'face to face'. As I said in my brief speech tonight, it is upsetting that my dad couldn't see everyone there tonight as the 'show of support' was absolutely overwhelming, but I will be sure to let him know.

God bless you all ,

Aaron Quill

April 26th, 2008, 15:56
Super news Aaron, wish I had been able to make it, but you know that you have support from all over the world.
Regards and moral support to your dad and the rest of your family.

April 27th, 2008, 03:27
Aaron have you got an email i can write to you at please?

send in pm

April 27th, 2008, 03:37
Hi Oogleman,

My email is aquill789@yahoo.co.uk

Please feel free to email anytime (this also applies to anyone else wishing to offer their support).

Regards,

Aaron

Diec
April 27th, 2008, 11:30
Aaron, your party was the party to end all parties. As you know I am a very good friend of your father. My hat is off to you in how you embrace your father's homosexuality. He is a kind and generous man. Aaron, is it possible we can hold a fund raiser to help your dad?

April 27th, 2008, 13:16
Diec,

Im not sure how we can go about fund raising etc, as any event that can may be misinterpreted as an uprising against the court's decision, could cause problems. Hence, the reason that my dad's name/photo was removed from our posters for the party. I will discuss this with people back home (foreign office etc) and see what I can do. I am also open to suggestions from anyone, if they wish to contact me on my personal email.

Glad you enjoyed the party, as I mentioned before, the boys did themselves (and my dad proud)!

April 27th, 2008, 14:08
DELETED

Bob
April 27th, 2008, 21:24
To those that have not picked up on it, the poster known as "Diec" is a wind-up artist/troll. He's been around in various guises before.
For example, he's said he's known various people before or was a friend of somebody who was ill or died and that simply isn't true (he's got to be a mental case to play that game). In another thread here, he announced he was a good friend of John Bottings and also announced that the proceeds from John's car were to be donated to charity (John responded with the comment he didn't have the foggiest idea who Diec was and, no, the proceeds weren't going to charity).
Probably best to ignore entirely.

April 27th, 2008, 21:33
Why don't the moderators just get rid of someone like this?

jinks
April 28th, 2008, 00:33

While the problem is mild, it is left alone.

When there is a real problem, the username goes and they return with a new one.

However we do have tools available to dissuade repeat re-joining.

April 28th, 2008, 03:22

While the problem is mild, it is left alone.

When there is a real problem, the username goes and they return with a new one.

That's right jinks mate.
Just give me the word and I'll sort him out.
Luv
tools (with a small t)

April 28th, 2008, 10:18
DELETED

April 28th, 2008, 14:41

I take it that those tools are malfunctioning at the moment. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

George.

April 28th, 2008, 16:08
Well, at least it was witty.