PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking of setting up business:

April 16th, 2008, 18:23
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7340005.stm

Asian palm civets apparently eat the fruit of the ripest coffee bean, leaving the coffee bean intact and expel it. The beans are then collected from the plantation floor by workers who wash away the dung and roast them.

Wonder what sort of coffee I could produce!!

April 16th, 2008, 19:02

Asian palm civets apparently eat the fruit of the ripest coffee bean, leaving the coffee bean intact and expel it. The beans are then collected from the plantation floor by workers who wash away the dung and roast them.

Well why not try it yourself - eat a handful of those ripe coffee beans, pass them thru your digestive system then take a big dump! From your avatar you look like you could use a great cup of Java while sitting there half naked grossing everyone else!!!!! :colors:

Khor tose
April 16th, 2008, 19:24
Actually I know of this coffee. I would love a chance to try it. Fifty pounds sounds a little steep (no play on words) but I would love to try it. Another question is why did khorthobkrub steal my handle?

April 16th, 2008, 21:55
Actually I know of this coffee. I would love a chance to try it. Fifty pounds sounds a little steep (no play on words) but I would love to try it. Another question is why did khorthobkrub steal my handle?

Huh?!! Moi??!! Stealing your handle???!! Get off your high horse girl... You're NOT that special. I think you've been drinking too much WhiteDesire's Coffee :drunken: :drunken:

April 16th, 2008, 22:31
You can easily find it for sale in Vietnam, the beans I mean. A lot cheaper than a cup in the high streets of London, that's for sure. A nice little brew.

April 16th, 2008, 22:44
khorthodkrub

I'm quite an honest person, and if I thought you were funny, I would laugh - you are not even original. A few more years on you and you will understand. And yes, that is a patronising comment, do you like it?

kittyboy
April 17th, 2008, 07:17

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey - I have seen reference to this before and I have always wondered - Who got the idea to dig through civet dung, wash partially digested coffee beans, roast them up and drink up the brew? Seriously - it might be interesting to find out how that particular tradition got started.

I love my morning coffee and would have no probelm drinking the civet crap espresso - I would just be too damn cheap to pay the price.

Mark

April 17th, 2008, 10:06
... Who got the idea to dig through civet dung, wash partially digested coffee beans, roast them up and drink up the brew? ...

If I remember correctly (unlikely) weren't Palm Civits the "wild resevoir" source of SARS?

I can just see the new brew at Starbucks - Civitshit Roast. :coffee:

kittyboy
April 18th, 2008, 00:11
... Who got the idea to dig through civet dung, wash partially digested coffee beans, roast them up and drink up the brew? ...

If I remember correctly (unlikely) weren't Palm Civits the "wild resevoir" source of SARS?

I can just see the new brew at Starbucks - Civitshit Roast. :coffee:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe you are right - It would be Civetshit Roast with a dash of SARS -

The marketing stars at the coffee companies will have to come up with a more appealing tag line.

You would think you could put civets in a pen feed them coffee beans and make a fortune on the scraping off the floort.... aparently not or someone would already be doing it.

April 20th, 2008, 22:04
khorthodkrub

I'm quite an honest person, and if I thought you were funny, I would laugh - you are not even original. A few more years on you and you will understand. And yes, that is a patronising comment, do you like it?

Honey you got more than "a few more years on me" - more like a few dacades.... now put on a shirt pleeeeeaaaazzee! :bounce:

April 22nd, 2008, 03:57
Currency Exchange?

April 23rd, 2008, 05:49
khorthodkrub

Honey you got more than "a few more years on me" - more like a few dacades.... now put on a shirt pleeeeeaaaazzee! :bounce:

Your a sad so and so, where's your pix, how old are you bitch!!

Brad the Impala
April 23rd, 2008, 21:11
An overweight white man in grey underwear doesn't do much for me either. It probably doesn't help that he announced to us that he was into shit(the real thing).