PDA

View Full Version : Admit your sins to the Lord, priest tells gay judge

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 9th, 2008, 22:37
A SENIOR minister of a Sydney Anglican parish has made an extraordinary attack on the High Court judge Michael Kirby, warning he would face the wrath of God if he remained unrepentant as a gay man.

The rector of St Stephen's Church in Bellevue Hill, the Reverend Richard Lane, denounced the judge for calling himself a Christian Anglican while living in an openly gay relationship and warned as a "messenger, watchman and steward of the Lord in the Anglican Church of Australia", he faced God's judgment.

To call himself a Christian Anglican was a "perversion of truth" and to continue to do so without changing his lifestyle would brand him, like Herod, a "coward, a liar, a deceiver" and a "lawless one".

"I appeal to you to cast yourself on the mercy of Jesus тАж That is admit your sin, confess your wrongdoing and turn in humble repentance to the Lord Jesus, who alone can forgive you," Mr Lane said.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/god ... 85915.html (http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/god-judges-gays-kirby-told/2008/04/09/1207420485915.html)
What funny places Australia is and I think New Zealand may be similar-both seem to be teeming with benders and shirt lifters and 6 ft drag queens and now openly gay High Court judges !. Is it their common ancestry of sheep farming ?. We should be told !

I'm not sure the Pope should be holding the World Youth Day in Sydney under these circumstances...then again his friends call him Brenda and the priests surrounding Cardinal Pell in Sydney are referred to as Pells' Angels !

Thank God I'm and atheist.

April 10th, 2008, 08:16
Kirby is the man who showed that he believes himself above the law by having an entry in Australian Who's Who demonstrating that he had been living with the same man as partner (and presumably having sex with him) while sexual activity between two men was illegal in the State in which they then lived. To hold himself out as an Anglican in the same circumstances is slightly more ambiguous since the principal Anglo-Catholic church in Sydney has a rector, Father Day, known to some of his parishioners as "Agnes Day" and besides, being an Anglican is a bit like singing God Save the Queen - more an act of solidarity than statement of belief. The diocese of Sydney, so my gay bishop cousin Cedric says, is known for its lunatic fringe mentality; apparently they have some bizarre belief that the Bible actually means something and that God really exists

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 10th, 2008, 13:28
Jehovah moves in mysterious ways..and has moved this thread !!!

Aunty
April 10th, 2008, 19:37
How's Mrs O'Booze, Lunchtime? Is she still chasing you around the condo with a knife?

We don't have any of those Nancy types as High Court Judges in New Zealand, you know. Oh no. We just have poofs, lickers and trannies in Parliament (and the Cabinet too!) Makes a change from the closet doncha think?

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 10th, 2008, 20:14
Is Helen Cluck a trannie ?

I was listening to the BBC world service and a presenter who has a radio program where he randomly phones telephone boxes around the world...most amusing..he phoned one in NZ and got a trannie who had been abandoned by her boyfriend in the middle of no-where and was standing by the phone box hitching a ride.

she said that NZ had a long history of transvestites !!..how odd !! but I supposes that's to be expected if that funny old The Colonel came from there.

Mrs O'Booze has gone back to County Tripperary to visit her mother..God she is a sight..lives with her sister so with the 3 of them it's like the 3 witches from Macbeth and 4 times as ugly.

April 10th, 2008, 22:10
Mrs O'Booze has gone back to County Tripperary

That's where the Irish grow pot, rather than poteen, isn't it?

April 11th, 2008, 05:19
but I supposes that's to be expected if that funny old The Colonel came from thereThat is not part of my personal mythology, I'm afraid. My niece Aunty, although born in Sydney, grew up there and still claims to call Nw Zlnd home. Someone has to, I suppose