PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya closures for Songkron

April 7th, 2008, 16:33
Googie's and O'Brien's have a large sign out front that says they will be closed from 13 April. Reopening on 20 April after Songkran.

Anyone else reprot any closures?

April 7th, 2008, 18:03
Googie's and O'Brien's have a large sign out front that says they will be closed from 13 April. Reopening on 20 April after Songkran.

Anyone else reprot any closures?

Birdcage will be closed 18 and 19 of April.

I hhave been there before it is a complete waste of effort, time and money.

Those that do turn up are not worth having, and are only here because they don't have the money to go home.

April 7th, 2008, 18:27
Even our construction workers are going home for Songkron. I think that the only people left in Pattaya to celebrate will be a bunch of drunken Farang......Oh what fun that will be!!!!

April 7th, 2008, 18:45

Those that do turn up are not worth having, and are only here because they don't have the money to go home.

Staff or customers?

April 8th, 2008, 11:04

Staff or customers?

You may well ask that question MB, but you may possibly find, that it is one that Kevin couldn't possibly comment on. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

Cheers,

George.

April 9th, 2008, 20:01
Mata Hari's restaurant is now closed for 2 weeks over songkran I think it reopens on the 21st of this month.
Au Bon Coin is closed also for about a week during the songkran affair a phone call to these places before going would be advisable

thrillbill
April 9th, 2008, 21:12
Why should businesses be open when in Pattaya, Songkran is about 10 days long??? People that live here don't want to go out and get wet daily and people don't want to drive into Pattaya because of the danger and nonsense.... Three days of Songkran is enough --but the city officials have no control in the water splashing which will...start (probably) Thursday - today. I know I am getting out of this place for 10 days ! :bounce:

dab69
April 11th, 2008, 05:27
email from Balcony said they would be closed for 4 days
but some of their staff may be out front doing?(unclear)

April 16th, 2008, 15:58
Luxor closed 19th & 20th