PDA

View Full Version : Checking a Boy's Age

Jamez777
April 6th, 2008, 19:08
Greetings All

I think everyone knows that a boy must be over 17 years of age, if you are to remove him from a bar ( or anywhere else ) for the night. I have read that in Sunnee Plaza some of the boys in the more popular bars have not reached this milestone and are therefore underaged. This problem is made more compex by the fact that neither the mamsan nor the boy himself will readily admit to his real age if asked that direct question.

My question is that how can I ( or anyone else ) verify the age of your chosen boy before making the decsion to leave the bar and spend the night with him ? Is there some completely reliable method for verifying the age of your prospective companion ? As this is a serious question, please do not tell me to cut the poor lad in half and count the rings or to settle only for those who have been around for 30 years or more

Jamezzz

sjaak327
April 6th, 2008, 19:20
Your last suggestion is of course a sane one, Incidentially it's 18 years not 17 when prostitution is involved.

You could ask for the boy's Id card, 2551 is the current Thai year.

Bob
April 6th, 2008, 21:19
It's hard to believe most of the boys don't have the new identity cards as yet but some have reported here that many still don't have them. If they do have the new card, it's easy to tell - here's a sample I've posted for a couple of years now:

http://www.jinks.clara.net/forum/idcard.jpg

jinks
April 6th, 2008, 21:59
Thanks Bob, this topic keeps repeating.

I shall copy the ID to our Resource Forum.

bing
April 6th, 2008, 22:27
I appreciate this topic being reposted here every once in a blue moon. Tis of importance and should be repeated as a reminder for all visitors. No one wants to be caught in the snafu to underage. For those of us not accustomed to adding and subtracting on a daily basis. This question of Age is a welcomed reminder to me. I like to see the current year posted and the magic number that needs to be on the card to be sure over 18 is a fact.

Uranus
April 6th, 2008, 22:41
My question is that how can I verify the age of your chosen boy before making the decsion to leave the bar and spend the night with him ?

If youтАЩre in doubt тАУ forget it! My simple advice.

April 7th, 2008, 00:00
Thanks for reminding me there is a resource forum.

Would be a good place for all the hotel reviews also.

bkkguy
April 7th, 2008, 00:12
I shall copy the ID to our Resource Forum.

you might like to block out his address as well so someone in Udon Thani doesn't ask his parents why a falung is posting their son's ID card on a gay discussion forum!

bkkguy

jinks
April 7th, 2008, 01:08
DONE thanks for noticing.

I've changed the one above too !

April 7th, 2008, 04:54
We can expect more stories like this.

Good.

pattayacitynews - Two English men arrested (http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_19_03_51_3.html)

April 7th, 2008, 05:25
We can expect more stories like this.

Good.

pattayacitynews - Two English men arrested (http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_19_03_51_3.html)

Not really. One of the guys in that story is alleged to have sex with minors under 15 while already facing charges related to offences with an 8 year old, and the other guy is accused of having sex with a 13 year old.

There's a clear difference between that (paedophilia) and having sex with a boy who looked 18, but in fact turned out to be 17 and a half, which I think is the type of situation the OP was referring to.

April 7th, 2008, 07:30
It's hard to believe most of the boys don't have the new identity cards as yet but some have reported here that many still don't have them. If they do have the new card, it's easy to tell - here's a sample I've posted for a couple of years now:

Unfortunately, things have taken a step back recently. The image above is of the new chipped id card intoduced by the Thaksin government. Stocks of these have now run out, and so some places, Pattaya included, have reverted to using the old style card, which is only in Thai.

Bob
April 7th, 2008, 07:54
you might like to block out his address as well so someone in Udon Thani doesn't ask his parents why a falung is posting their son's ID card on a gay discussion forum!

Not to worry....the address hasn't been good since before I first posted it. The boy (28) lives in Chon Buri province (he's not a barboy), his mother died in early 2006, and his father lives in a province bordering Cambodia.

By the way, his real birthdate is August 31, 1979, but, since the ID people screwed that up, he now claims two birthdays! He's a friend of a friend, not my bf.

April 7th, 2008, 09:06

Unfortunately, things have taken a step back recently. The image above is of the new chipped id card intoduced by the Thaksin government. Stocks of these have now run out, and so some places, Pattaya included, have reverted to using the old style card, which is only in Thai.

Well ,

These ID Cards are a waste of time, ALL the information is blacked out!

April 13th, 2008, 22:16
I was at Free Guy a few nights ago -- a lovely show badly marred by some very loud, drunken Australians -- and asked my friend there whether the bar hosts were now one hundred percent Shan. He nodded yes.

You will also find many Shan at Circle Pub and at My Way. The Shan (Tai-Yai) are typically "illegal immigrants" and do NOT have a Thai ID card. They will have another card -- a work permit (permission to work within a specified place, and may God forgive you if you leave that place).

I am not an expert on this system of identification, but I have noticed that a number of boys "magically" become 18 once they get that card. My guess is that Thai law forbids giving such cards to anyone under the age of 18, but when sufficient tea money is present, the card is issued and the boy automagically turns 18.

That would leave a quandary for those into the younger lads: your Romeo for the evening may be sixteen in fact, but he carries official, non-fake Thai ID stating that he is eighteen or older. It doesn't sound much like a situation I would like to be involved in! But what happens if the only ID you can check is inaccurate?? You could always just ask the guy, but I wouldn't count on the truth from someone looking for an off.

bing
April 14th, 2008, 00:01
Congrats, for letting this thread come back to the Sawatdee main forum. It is certainly an area of concern for all of us and observations about veracity of ID cards for sure has the same high interest. In some places a fake ID card can easily be purchased, for example if you $20.00,you can purchase a driver license from almost any state in about 5 minutes, if you go to any number of places in the Times Square area in New York City. I am a bit surprised that this tech know how has not crossed over the seas to Pattaya. I really don't hear of actual fake IDs in Pattaya. Usually it is that the young man is using the card of someone else, or using a beat up one that has the dates blurred so badly you can't read.

bao-bao
April 14th, 2008, 04:01
Congrats, for letting this thread come back to the Sawatdee main forum. It is certainly an area of concern for all of us and observations about veracity of ID cards for sure has the same high interest.

Not to be judgmental and with all due respect, Bing - not quite everyone. For those who find younger men (read "in the neighborhood of 18") attractive it's a legitimate concern. If you'd do a scan of past threads you'll see that many, many here find men in their 20's and 30's and 40's more attractive - for a variety of reasons.

However, for those who find it necessary to circle like moths around the flame here's a small image of months in Thai and English that you can print out and take along when on the prowl. I'm not sure where it came from - maybe even from a past post here, I don't recall.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/Thai-English_Months.gif

bing
April 14th, 2008, 07:20
The fact that many of us find older Thai guys as the apple of our eyes is quite true. Personally the two friends I have are 26 and 28. These years might be 27 and 29 now as it has been several months since I last visited. I have been with them for several years now. But having said this, it is observable that many of the guys still visit a bar and chat with some of the guys. I found the Krazy Dragon to be to my cup of tea last visit, and was interested in the age of who I was speaking with. Your list of months is useful for those who are cutting it close age wise. That is why it is important to restate on occasion the year to look for if you want to be sure your friend is 18 or over.

April 14th, 2008, 19:19
I did ask this in another thread about boys ages, and didn't get any replies, so I'll try again before I start drawing some conclusions about this 'near the knuckle' age business.

Can anyone link to a story where a ferang was sucessfully prosecuted for having sex with a 17 year old?