PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, and I'm the Pope

thrillbill
April 5th, 2008, 23:11
BANGKOK: -- Excessive and intrusive waterspray attacking has become popular among some and hated by many during Thailand's annual Songkran Festival, the sale of high-pressure waterguns or PVC pumpguns has been prohibited for Songkran, according to the Office of the Consumer Protection Board (OCPB).

The police can hardly handle crowd control during Songkran.

April 6th, 2008, 00:35
Family mart started selling the high power guns several weeks ago in Pattaya. Not in Bkk?

CHAOTOU
April 6th, 2008, 01:46
They were confiscating the tube-like, pump guns last year.

April 6th, 2008, 11:28
Songkran in Pattaya 2007, courtesy of PGReport.com and the late Brian "Boxer"

http://pgreport.com/240407/240407.htm#songkran

April 6th, 2008, 15:29
Every year on the 5th Novemeber in the UK, we have what's called Bonfire Night, or Guy Fawkes Night. It's similar to Songkran, but instead of throwing water around, people, especially young teenagers, throw fireworks. And like Songkran, where people have tried to limit the sale of high-pressure waterguns or PVC pumpguns, we have also tried to limit the sale of fireworks to adults only or organised displays.

It hasn't worked. Kids still get hold of them and let them off in the streets at all hours of the day and night, regardless of which direction they fly, or who's face they stick to and melt.

Somehow, people squirting you with harmless water from a pumpgun seems like a breeze compared to what we have to go through every year.

April 6th, 2008, 15:37
Poor old Guy Fawkes must get very fed up with being burnt at the stake every year. And he nearly did us all a big favour.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/roflao.gif That he did fattman. Perhaps had he have succeeded in his quest, he may have been remembered in a better light. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

George.

April 7th, 2008, 05:42
I have to disagree that establishing a Roman Catholic government would have been a favour to anyone.

April 7th, 2008, 08:48
It was the idea of destroying one corrupt regime, rather than the idea of replacing it with another fanatical regime, that I had in mind in my lighthearted remark. The Roman Catholic church have nothing to be proud of.

Yes they do,

One of the biggest property portfolios in the World!

April 7th, 2008, 09:03
K - I'm not sure they should be proud of that. The man they claim to believe in would be horrified.

I know,

But they ain't listening to that bit!

April 7th, 2008, 09:13
Holy water in pump guns at Lourdes next?

April 7th, 2008, 09:47
The Roman Catholic church have nothing to be proud of.Nothing? Absolutely nothing? Nothing at all? That's a rather sweeping statement

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 7th, 2008, 09:54
The Roman Catholic church have nothing to be proud of.Nothing? Absolutely nothing? Nothing at all? That's a rather sweeping statement

at least they introduced high camp gowns for their cardinals and bishops !

my lasting memory of Songkran is from several years ago when a German lady emerged from a hair salon on Soi one with a beautiful new coiffure only to have a bucket of water dumped on her head.

I laughed so much until the same happened to me.

April 7th, 2008, 13:49
.... it strikes me that the RCC has a few ambitions such as mind control over it's unfortunate followers, no dissent is allowed, they gather wealth for no good purpose, ....
This could be said of ANY religion.

.... it strikes me that the RCC has a few ambitions ....
Indeed, especially for the young and talented ... check their website here RCC (http://www.richmondcricketclub.com/)

April 8th, 2008, 06:42
I abhor the absolutes that so many sprinkle carelessly around. Unless writing about the devil incarnate there's always something to be said for both sides. Adolf Hitler, after all, was a conservationist (no coincidence that the postwar "Green" movement originated in Germany) who loved small children and dogs. Hmmm, come to think of it ...

April 8th, 2008, 06:46
I thought Adolf Hitler was the Devil incarnate. Yes he loved children as much as he loved murdering all and sundry.On the contrary, he was selective about who he had murdered. "All and sundry" were not on the list, else he would have no Reich to rule

April 8th, 2008, 07:17
Nice of you to support him.You mistake my questioning of your assumptions with my support of anyone at all - I suppose it's all that faulty logic they taught you at your church school. Fortunately at Harrow we avoided that sort of sloppy thinking

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 8th, 2008, 07:27
I thought Adolf Hitler was the Devil incarnate. Yes he loved children as much as he loved murdering all and sundry.

only if they were blond and Aryan surely.

I took a gorgeous German lad to a dinner party in London once and he blurted out at the dinner table.."everyone knows Hitler was half-Jewish" whereupon our Jewish host took a fire poker and attempted to bash him to death. I bravely defended the lad on the staircase as other guests held the fuming man with the boy saying "zis man iz mad !!".

The next day the host admitted he was insanely jealous I had found a new friend although I neglected to mention the German lad abandoned me that night at Heaven nightclub for some butch number.

fattman..spellcheck tries to correct your name to footman..what can it mean ??

April 8th, 2008, 08:49

They inspired some lovely art and architecture. I'm grasping to think of anything else...

April 8th, 2008, 08:58
"fattman..spellcheck tries to correct your name to footman..what can it mean ??"

Well all good Queens have a footman, but of course it could be my secret fetish :)

A secret fetish, that's not much of a secret unfortunately, any longer. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

George.

bing
April 8th, 2008, 09:34
Gentlemen--- This has nothing to do with Pattaya and should be ended ---- It has deteriorated to a diatribe.
I suggest it be moved or deleted.

April 8th, 2008, 10:09
Gentlemen--- This has nothing to do with Pattaya and should be ended ---- It has deteriorated to a diatribe.

The fact this thread is nothing to do with Pattaya Bing, is surprisingly, it was never about Pattaya in the first place. It is instead, about a statement that was made by the Office of the Consumer Protection Board, in Bangkok.

With the amount of posts that have been both moved and deleted of late, I would have hardly thought that someone would have been crying out loudly, for more of them to be dealt with in the same way.

As an alternative to doing this Bing, you could always make a post putting the thread back on topic. Just a thought. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/shrugs.gif

Thanks in advance, for considering my suggestion.

George.

TrongpaiExpat
April 8th, 2008, 11:48

Indeed, off to the camps with all you non-Pattayaites and leave this forum to the pure Pattaya centrics.

TrongpaiExpat
April 8th, 2008, 12:19
BANGKOK: -- Excessive and intrusive waterspray attacking has become popular among some and hated by many during Thailand's annual Songkran Festival, the sale of high-pressure waterguns or PVC pumpguns has been prohibited for Songkran, according to the Office of the Consumer Protection Board (OCPB).

The police can hardly handle crowd control during Songkran.

Where is Pattaya mentioned here I wonder, or does someone think that this board is only about Pattaya?

The other 3 boards have all but gone to being exclusively about Pattaya. You can just say your looking for something in "Town" and the town is unquestionably Pattaya. Out of town, that's Jomtiem. The rest of Thailand, no interest. A few members just need a reminder now and again. A few fellas here are not operating on all cylinders.

April 8th, 2008, 13:48

Indeed, off to the camps with all you non-Pattayaites and leave this forum to the pure Pattaya centrics.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/roflao.gif Now that's funny. However, it is also true as to the way some here think, which makes is sad as well.

Cheers TE,

George.

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 8th, 2008, 18:16

but it's a board about gay Thailand !.

and we give good diatribe.

April 8th, 2008, 19:15
and we give good diatribe.That tribe being the Faqarwi, whose standard greeting is "We're the Faqarwi"