PDA

View Full Version : Another new Hotel in Silom area

Sen Yai
April 3rd, 2008, 13:35
Another 'low-cost' boutique hotel, very similar in style to Take-A-Nap (http://www.takeanaphotel.com/) with individually themed rooms, but a slightly more mature feel, will open on Monday 7th April.

Baan Saladaeng (http://www.baansaladaeng.com/index.php) has nine rooms, all quite small, but all with en-suite, ranging in price from 1000 through 1300 and 1900 and two pent house suites at 2500 per night.

Located on Soi Saladaeng 3, just beyond Zanotti restaurant which is easy walking distance to Silom Soi 2 and 4.

Joiners are allowed and ID cards will be held.

www.baansaladaeng.com (http://www.baansaladaeng.com/index.php)

TrongpaiExpat
April 3rd, 2008, 14:02
Looks nice and the calendar rooms open reservations system is a good idea. Generally on these hotels you have to fill out a booking form and then you wait for an answer in a few days.

I notice that they list the new half MKGold/Thai restaurant on the map. I went there a few weeks ago on a weekend and no one was on the Thai restaurant side. The MK side was sparse on customers too and several of the items we ordered were a mai mee. There was a piano player on the Thai side just paying for (with) himself. Anyone eat there? Is the food bad, too expensive or did I just hit an off night? Back when this was the location of Anna's you would be lucky if you got a table on a weekend.

April 3rd, 2008, 22:03
1000 baht for a designer room? I thought it a bit too good to be true. At their website, look closely at the floor plans and you'd see that the 4 rooms which are priced 1000 - 1300 baht are very tight ones. Generally, the space around the beds are, I estimate, just 0,6m or 2 feet. If you're overweight, it will be a very inconvenient.

The White Room and the Black+White Room are the two which are priced at 1000 baht and there's a reason for that. They have no windows, except perhaps in the bathroom.

Talking about bathrooms, look carefully at the floor plans again. Do you think you can squeeze into those shower stalls?

April 20th, 2008, 09:51
I don't agree with the comments about the bathroom sizes, I have been there, the bathrooms (also in the cheap rooms) are very spacious with big 'rain showers'. I think the accomodation is very attractive, their services are comparable with 5-star hotels and the location excellent, and the rooms..........amazing! Absolute coming back again here :)

thrillbill
April 20th, 2008, 19:31
I hope it is better built than the "Take a Nap" hotel. The room was like a dorm room- cheap tile flooring, shoddy workmanship, no closet and the majority of the rooms were right next to the overpass on Rama 4. I'll take the Silom Regent for about the same price.

April 20th, 2008, 21:50
Thanks for posting this useful information.

Might be good if this could eventually be moved to the Resources Forum.

Then we can all find it easily in 6 months time when planning trips, rather than having to sort through all the "Price of orange juice gone up by 10 bt" threads.

TrongpaiExpat
April 20th, 2008, 22:12
Might be good if this could eventually be moved to the Resources Forum.

Then we can all find it easily in 6 months time when planning trips, rather than having to sort through all the "Price of orange juice gone up by 10 bt" threads.

Resources Forum? I just took a look there and there's only one post from 2008. It could use some reorganization under categories, visa, travel, hotels, etc. It's all gets dated so quickly too.

April 21st, 2008, 00:18
it has five floors, but I can't see anywhere on the website that indicates it has a lift--jeroen, since you have stayed there, can you please clarify? thanks

April 21st, 2008, 11:44
it has five floors, but I can't see anywhere on the website that indicates it has a lift--jeroen, since you have stayed there, can you please clarify? thanks

You realise, I'm sure, that that was jeroen's very first post on this board and one cannot help but wonder if he has an undeclared interest in Baan Saladaeng Guesthouse. If he has, no doubt he will be able to provide an authoritative answer to your question about a lift.

As for Take a Nap - thanks Thrillbill for the "inside" view. I had been thinking about it for my next visit, but now I shall think again.

CHAOTOU
April 22nd, 2008, 11:17

There is no lift. They have redone and old, exisiting building. The stairs are narrow and steep, with low ceiling on the landings.

April 28th, 2008, 09:12
Some answers on some comments;
No, there is no 'lift', don't forget it is a Guesthouse not the Oriental Hotel.
About the stairs, low rise ceiling I haven't seen here, it is indeed an old building totally renewed.
The shower, in the small room the shower is realy big enough for 3 persons ;)
Prices are incl. Tax, Service charge and Breakfast, they have laundry service, free WiFi in the rooms and nextdoor is a very tastefull cosy restaurant 'FabCuisine'. So overall, a very nice gay owned Guesthouse, clean and cosy, and friendly staff.

TrongpaiExpat
April 28th, 2008, 13:36
Some answers on some comments;

I guess then you stand mute on the question presented by macaroni21 of you having some "undeclared interest in Baan Saladaeng Guesthouse"?

This sort of deception does not go over well on this board.

April 29th, 2008, 23:34
hehe...well what ever jeroenct interest in Baan Saladaeng Guesthouse or not.
but i was stay there already...i can tell you all.

lift...no lift but i don't mind.
low rise ceiling...it ok for me. i'm tall 180cm i think if you guys not tell like 250 cm it ok lol
the stairs are narrow...i don't know it ok for me to walk...really no problem.

I tell this i think that not the mean thing...in the room and service for me it more important.

room....clean and very nice...also saw some room by owner take a tour lol
on suits room high ceiling...hehe penthouse they are beautiful...

service...it great and friendly. owner by gay...can ask any infomation and all the staff very helpfull.

anyway i thinkif i go back to bkk i will stay at baan saladaeng again for sure...

April 30th, 2008, 00:39
ANOTHER NEW MEMBER MAKING THEIR FIRST POST ON THIS HOTEL.

VERY ODD. Or perhaps not.

AS YOU GUYS RECOMMEND THIS PLACE, WHAT OTHER THAI HOTELS ARE YOU COMPARING IT AGAINST ?

April 30th, 2008, 00:55
well just pass by here and just want to share my opinion..that it
you don't have to believe me.. ;)

May 3rd, 2008, 04:29
ANOTHER NEW MEMBER MAKING THEIR FIRST POST ON THIS HOTEL.

VERY ODD. Or perhaps not.

AS YOU GUYS RECOMMEND THIS PLACE, WHAT OTHER THAI HOTELS ARE YOU COMPARING IT AGAINST ?

This is real weird. Just tonight at @Richards wonderful buffet, Richard himself was saying that you don't want to believe everything you see on the message boards. This Baan Saladaeng place is a hotel that is going for the short time sex market. If you want to stay in a place on Silom that has everything you want then go to the Regent service apartments - it's right next door to @Richards

TrongpaiExpat
May 3rd, 2008, 13:52
Wilf: You seem to have a single agenda: Richards. I don't know if it's personal or just business, some vested interest in the competition.

You first post about Richards was funny, now you just getting old and you lack any credibility. Try another topic.

I tried Richard's and it was not for me, I should try it a few more times just to be sure. Some people like it, other's don't and some seem to have a personal agenda.

May 3rd, 2008, 17:46
There seems to be rather too much attacking of gay owned businesses. While genuine constructive criticism is fair, a campaign against an individual business is not. We've seen this on other threads about other businesses.

But a lot seem to like 7-11 stores and the fast food franchises. Overwhelming support for those. Maybe the hidden agenda of this board is really anti-gay after all!

May 12th, 2008, 18:08
Wow, pretty impressive website for a small place!
Do the rooms have a safe?
Also, since there is no lift, how many stairs/ levels is it to get the "penthouse" suites?

May 12th, 2008, 18:21
At the other end of the market, there's a new Le Meridien going up in Suriwong.

If their policies are anything like Le Meridien in Phuket, it will not be joiner-friendly. A buddy was recently charged 3,000.00 baht for a short-time joiner down there ... and his paramour had to be off the hotel property by 7:00 am the next morning. A security man showed up at the appointed time to show him off site.

Smiles
May 12th, 2008, 22:26
" ... Resources Forum? I just took a look there and there's only one post from 2008. It could use some reorganization under categories, visa, travel, hotels, etc. It's all gets dated so quickly too ... "
Agreed. The Resources Forum should receive a (yearly?) cleanup. The concept is a good one, but the usefullness of the forum is in direct proportion to the content being current.

I understand this takes some lengthy work also, but perhaps reviewing the info there and then pruning out the outdated stuff every so often could be a project for Mr jinks, rather than . . . . (you know what I mean :blackeye: )

Cheers ...