PDA

View Full Version : Closing hours of Entertainment Establishments

April 1st, 2008, 23:47
I don't understand this:

"Pattaya entertainment outlet operators have protested about the new closing time limit that has been set at 2 a.m., saying that it is going to have a negative effect on their business, and city hall says it will support their case.
More than 1,000 representatives are petitioning the Ministry of Interior, which issued the new regulation, with city hall backing them up by saying they will lodge the petition with the government and follow through with a council resolution and discussions with the ministry.
The Interior Ministry has issued tough guidelines to provincial governors and district chiefs regarding the hours entertainment places may operate, and cracking down on other issues such as gambling.
Local administrations and police have a mandate to follow the policy, which includes a stipulation that places of entertainment located within entertainment zones must close at 2 a.m.
PattayaтАЩs entertainment operators gathered to protest at Pattaya City Hall on March 20, requesting that the closing time be extended because of PattayaтАЩs special status as an international tourism city. Mayor Niran Wattanasartsathorn, mayoral advisor Itthipol Khunplome, and former MP Chanyuth Hengtrakul were the city representatives who received the petition.
Bundit Siritanyong, head of the EntrepreneursтАЩ Entertainment Establishment said that most entertainment outlet operators in Pattaya run orderly businesses and comply with the requirements of the government. By applying the 2 a.m. closing time, business is being restricted and tourists are receiving an unfavorable image of a city that has a reputation for its nightlife.
Itthipol said that Pattaya brings a large income into the country annually. A significant proportion of this comes from the entertainment outlets, which are regarded as being an important factor for tourism. He said the petition would be lodged with the Interior Ministry. Further, a meeting would be called of Pattaya City Council and a resolution called for to extend the opening hours. With the resolution passed, a meeting would be arranged between the chief of Banglamung District, the governor of Chonburi, and the Minister of Interior to put the case forward."

It appeared in this week's Pattaya Mail, now "they" are moaning that 2:00 a.m. is not good enough, but I thought places were shutting at 1:00 a.m. anyway. The way it is directed is as if closing hours are beyond 2:00 a.m. at present, but they are not, its 1:00 a.m. isn't it?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

April 2nd, 2008, 01:50
When I was in Thailand and some days in Pattaya last October, some places closed 1 am, but I had the feeling that nobody cared. When Panaroma closed, many went to Boyz Boyz, not to the go go stage, but the small bar inside dancing, the people then went to Cafe Royal, and after that, I was home at 4 am, after X-ray I think. Same in Bangkok, Soi 4 closed around 1 am or 2 am. DJ was open late and GOD open until very late.
I think maybe the rules about closing early, have been there all the time, but the military regime made it softer. The Thai way. Now when we are back where the moral majority is ruling, they are just enforcing the "laws" Let us have the military back. hehe joking a littlebit but not ony joking.
That said I think there have been a difference on what time the commercial sexindustry bars had to close and so called "hangsout" places had to close before.
Well I will back in May and I am sure it will possible to find places closing later than 2 am. We will see and hope ;-)