PDA

View Full Version : White Desire's point of view of Birdcage

April 1st, 2008, 03:37
As I have read a lot of silly stuff on here about the new Birdcage club, which personally I thought was unfair, thought I would put my penny's worth on here. I visited the Birdcage on the eve of Rear of the Year, although it was my second visit that week.

I arrived early to the blast of the new radio station outside, sounded good to me and the DJ seemed to be enthusiastic and promoting it very well, although when I went inside the club there was hardly anyone there, I suspect it was too early, I was told "kick off" was at 10:00 p.m., so I left and came back later. The 250 bht entrance fee I thought was a bargain, considering that a drink was included in that price at 150 bht (beer). When I did arrive later on it looked fairly full, and the Rear of the Year competition was well under way, with some empty seats but as I said there was a fair crowd there.

I actually thought the whole affair and banter was fun, although I must admit a little disorganised with the contestants - I would have thought the contestants would have been clearly numbered on their rear as that is what they were showing off for most of the competition, one had to rely on the compere for the numbers and I couldn't remember for the love of money. I did think the compere was a little disorganised with regards to the contestants and even a little rude (if that is the right word), being a little lapse with the dialogue when the contestants were finished with and he seemed to get a few things mixed up. I suspect there was no "practice run" of it. Irrespective of where the contestants came from, there were quite a few and there were some good juicy buns, that is the reason I went I'm into that. I enjoyed it and laughed along the way, and supported it by buying the charity bananas.

I had been to the club earlier on in the week, it looked a good place to me, spacious, good seats, reasonably priced drinks. I thought the show was a little, I'm going to be honest here, well "needs looking at". I'm sure there is room for improvement, but on both nights I visited, well anyway, a lot of room for improvement. The version of "Is this the way to Amarillo" on the Rear of the Year evening - well ermmmm! I think there is a long way to go before getting to the BBB standard, although I do appreciate that the BBB show is primarily from the Tiffany outfit. However, the "falang drag" looked fab on the stage, that gown glistened, shame he/she didn't do a couple of more numbers, although I must admit she/he is probably getting on a bit.

I did talk to one of the "guys", I'm generally into muscle guys, but this one looked really cute, I asked his age because I thought he was a bit youngish, and said he was 18 - well that put me off a little. I did notice that an off fee for some of these guys was 500 bht, a thread on this I noticed has also been placed on the board, I think with the ┬г going south and prices going up generally, this is going to be a headache for Brits soon.

Generally, I thought the Birdcage was a good place, it wasn't unique looking, but then tell me a club that is, I believe will be a competitor to other places, especially if one promotes that whole street in Day Night area as a gay area, and especially with the Day Night Hotel being nearby, it would be an ideal location for loads of gay establishments.

Well I'm back in BKK now for a few months, then off to Singapore for a few more months.

April 1st, 2008, 09:01
Hi Whitedesire,

I think that is a fair individual persons opinion, unbiased and as you saw it.

On the evening itself, Mark was alone, and I, as I have stated already, had to be in Bangkok and that part of it was totally unavoidable.

Sometimes as well, What one person feels is Witty can be taken by another as a bit rude, but that is each to their own.

Comments from some of the new boys who have started work, they believe it is the smartest club around and that's why they want to work there, either for their street credibility or flattery to get a job!!!

I hardly believe it is the latter as anyone with ID and house papers that is decent looking can walk into any bar in Pattaya.

We improve the bar and facilities by the day.

Thanks a lot anyway,

Kevin.

PS What about the Pizza:?

April 1st, 2008, 15:42
KQUILL:

Yes, I was going to say hello on one of the evenings, you know me anyway, you have seen me around, just a matter of putting my face to a picture, I think I asked where the owner was, and the waiter said BKK, dunno if I would have in the end, spur of the moment thing. Pizza - I didn't go on that evening, I'm sure it will go well though, people always like "free food". And I'm sure "Mark" will sort out the show etc, and believe me it was not intentional for him to sound what I thought was "rude", that was my word, I think he was just a little disorganised, and yes as you said, some people will like certain elements of the show. All I'm saying is people compare shows with other shows in the area and are quite aggressive in commenting on things. Anyway, hope everything went well in BKK and over the months the club I'm sure will succeed, it was a clean, fab place etc, with some cuties which I adored, and you certainly have some good ideas coming up. All the best.

April 1st, 2008, 20:28
very fair review.

April 2nd, 2008, 09:07
DELETED

April 2nd, 2008, 09:58
I think I used the word "crude"I prefer to attend only tasteful go-go bars myself

April 2nd, 2008, 14:16
I think I used the word "crude"

I would have thought that would have suited El Presidente perfectly.

Bob
April 3rd, 2008, 03:34
I prefer to attend only tasteful go-go bars myself

Lol. Given your proclaimed penchant for face-sitting and rimming, I'm not sure your taste is that discriminatory.... :clown:

April 3rd, 2008, 03:47
... I'm not sure your taste is that discriminatory...No, but my sense of irony is legendary

Michael
April 3rd, 2008, 04:38
I prefer to attend only tasteful go-go bars myself
LOL
What is it about 'Gay Thailand' that causes 'us' to hold in high esteem what in most other contexts would be regarded as mere 'Whore Houses'.

April 3rd, 2008, 08:24
What is it about 'Gay Thailand' that causes 'us' to hold in high esteem what in most other contexts would be regarded as mere 'Whore Houses'.I can only speak for myself - they're whore-houses. I suspect reality isn't something most people want to face. After all, Buddhism's Four Noble Truths are all about facing reality, ceasing from denial, and came about because human nature finds reality too hard to bear and suffers thereby. That's real Buddhism, unless of course you're Wilde George ("just call me Oscar") who follows the syllogism:
* I don't believe in God
* and Buddhists don't believe in God
* Oh, I must be a Buddhist

April 3rd, 2008, 22:11
What is it about 'Gay Thailand' that causes 'us' to hold in high esteem what in most other contexts would be regarded as mere 'Whore Houses'.I can only speak for myself - they're whore-houses. I suspect reality isn't something most people want to face. After all, Buddhism's Four Noble Truths are all about facing reality, ceasing from denial, and came about because human nature finds reality too hard to bear and suffers thereby. That's real Buddhism, unless of course you're Wilde George ("just call me Oscar") who follows the syllogism:
* I don't believe in God

Homi,

Also this whore house in Soi Day Night [Birdcage, I think Disco or Nightclub sounds nicer!] is giving away Gourmet Pizza again this Friday evening.

You can eat it free whether you are Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Jewish, Rastafarian or any other!!

You must be bored this evening, trying to get George biting!

April 4th, 2008, 00:48
I can only speak for myself - they're whore-houses

Yes, and you're a "punter", ready to take their sugar from their bowl, for a price!

April 4th, 2008, 07:36
Yes, and you're a "punter", ready to take their sugar from their bowl, for a price!And your point is ... ?

April 4th, 2008, 12:06
* I don't believe in God

Homi,

You must be bored this evening, trying to get George biting!

As is normally the case with the bald headed one Kevin, where I am concerned. However some of us here have to accept the task of playing with him in order to keep him amused and as this task is one that is shared among a few of us, it's no big deal on my part, taking my turn when it comes around. We both know that instead of trying to get me to bite, he would be better off by taking a bite himself. A bite that is, into one of those delicious pizzas that are supplied to the customers at the Birdcage for free on Friday evenings. Provided that is of course, he remembers to remove his teeth from the glass container he keeps them in and places them into that enormous gaping oral cavity of his.

Choc Dee Kevin, I will be down for a slice myself later, Whilst I am there, I may even try the pizza as well. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Wink.gif

George.

April 4th, 2008, 12:44
Provided that is of course, he remembers to remove his teeth from the glass container he keeps them in I had to ask the Duty Mem'sahib when we were in bed last night if he could pass me my teeth so I could bite him. I wonder if other members have the same problem? And speaking of things oral, I'm a martyr to halitosis; thank god for Listerine. During the day I find Wrigleys provides some relief - it helps that unlike Gerald Ford (and George) I can, in Lyndon Johnson's famous commentary about Ford, fart and chew gum at the same time

April 4th, 2008, 14:10
And speaking of things oral, I'm a martyr to halitosis; thank god for Listerine.

Unsurprising since your rimming exploits are well self-publicized

I can, in Lyndon Johnson's famous commentary about Ford, fart and chew gum at the same time

Even when you're in a sandwich; rimming :tongue1: and getting butt-fucked at the same time :snorting: ?

April 4th, 2008, 16:27
And speaking of things oral, I'm a martyr to halitosis; thank god for Listerine.

Unsurprising since your rimming exploits are well self-publicized

I can, in Lyndon Johnson's famous commentary about Ford, fart and chew gum at the same time

Even when you're in a sandwich; rimming :tongue1: and getting butt-fucked at the same time :snorting: ?

So they have Pizza?