PDA

View Full Version : No-go bars

March 29th, 2008, 09:34
When was go-go dancing abolished in gay bars?
I've just spent two nights in Bangkok, visiting six bars in the Soi Twilight area. Each advertised itself as a go-go bar; none would have passed muster under the Trades' Description Act. The dancers were largely immobile, occasionally twitching or transferring weight from one foot to the other; go-go dancing, such as can still seen in the girlie bars? I don't think so.
Perhaps the intention is to emulate the human statues of Barcelona's Ramblas; perhaps it is a response to punters' demands ("We don't want dancing; give us human statues with their hands clasped behind their backs. Please!")
Or perhaps not.
Of course, dancing can still be seen in the exotic shows on offer; snake-dancing. Last night, one bar's show consisted almost entirely of variations on this theme- snake dancing in the shower and in the dry; snake-dancing with candles and without; snake-dancing under a mosquito net and outside it. By the time the climax of the show came (a desultory jerk-off contest) I'd lost the will to live. Perhaps some find snake -dancing sexy and aesthetically-pleasing. Perhaps some of us don't.
It was the climax for the performers, that is; for me, the climax was paying the check-bin- 240 bht for an orange juice.
The most enjoyable hour for me was in The Boys of Bangkok. Alas, no movement discernible but there were some cute guys on show. What a pity they were covered from shoulder to calf with tattoos, hiding the beautiful, silken skin provided by the Lord Buddha. Perhaps a punter had said," I find your smooth skin boring; why not ask your kid brother to draw some pictures on you with his biro? That'll make you sexier."
Or perhaps not.

latintopxxx
March 29th, 2008, 10:23
Agree, agree...no idea why no dancing, i visit Brazil quite a bit and the go go boys there can really shake their booty...almost like a butch verson of a belly dance; no go go bars like in bangkok though, go go boys usually at bthe night clubs on a pedestal, in a cage or mostly on the bar itself, start fully clothed and slowly strip by loosing a piece of clothing with each new song until they end up with a G-string, very rarely naked and no fuck shows...so Bangkok comes up tops in that division.
You mention Boys of Bangkok (BBB group) think the same guy also runs dream boys above it, was in Bangkok last weekend and bothnBBB and dream boys put on excelent shows, up to 6 sixs fucking at once, no where else in the world can you see this.
Not everyones cup of tea, but I'm hooked, nust be the perv in me coming out, the big cock show, the fucking, the cheekiness of it all; simply amazing.
But yeah ! coming back to your original comment, would be real nice if the boys would do some dancing like the girls do...

nanette
March 29th, 2008, 13:43
Alas you didn't go to X-Boys on soi Twilight! There are three drum-like platforms by the main stage, and at any time two or three lithe boys are dancing on them. These are the go-go dancers as the other boys on display are not allowed to mount the platforms. And the dancers are pretty good. They take a break when other shows are on. I first saw them almost two months ago, and again last week. In fact I'm much attracted to the go-go dancing rather than the other shows, or the often bored-looking guys on parade. :cheers: