PDA

View Full Version : Fragrance Alert for Smiles

bing
March 29th, 2008, 03:26
Anytime I hear of a fragrance that someone enjoys. I sort of like to try it out. My current favorite spot to find just about all my favorites is www.fragranceSupplier.com (http://www.fragranceSupplier.com) I looked up the Hermes you suggested Hermes Terre D'Homme
Seems it does not exist on my suppliers list. They do offer a Hermes Terre D'Hermes... I purchased a small amount to get the feel for it... Actually my tastes change often,, Seems like old standby TABAC is still what smells nice to me. If anyone else has favorites, I would think there may be a few who would be interested in you current favorite fragrance.
Natually I have no financial interest in the above mentioned www.

March 29th, 2008, 04:10
I don't wear fragrance of any kind. I even deliberately use deodorant which has no odour. But I do have a secret which I don't like to tell many people, as it tends to gross a lot of people out, but if you keep it to yourself... I find the faint whiff of natural body odour a huge turn on.

Not on me I might add. I go out of my way not to smell, as I realise not everyone has the same strange tastes as me, and I'm not talking about anything too strong, like they haven't washed for a day or so. I just mean the sort of mild smell that someone might have at the end of the day after showering that morning.

Many people think I'm weird, maybe a little sick because of this, but any psychologist will tell you that this is originally the main purpose for body odour, ie, to attract a mate. As with everything which grosses people out, no one thinks of it as disgusting until their told it's disgusting. I guess no one ever told me.

Diec
March 29th, 2008, 05:07
I don't use any fragarance either as I personally find it to be a product of the 80's and 90's. I like to use Coast deordant soap which I'm happy with the way it makes my skin smell, and in combination with the mousse I use on my hair makes for a fresh, clean overall smell withot cologne. I also don't mind a slight natural musky smell, but any more than slight, a shower needs to be taken.

Dodger
March 29th, 2008, 07:37
I've never had any interest in wearing fragrances, although spun to heaven every time Boy Special would dab a little BVLGARI POUR HOMME SOIR between his legs.

bing
March 29th, 2008, 07:59
Just to put the record straight,,, a word seldom used on this board,,, I like a little dab, not wishing to overpower anyone, but I find a dab on the neck makes me feel good. I also am sensitive to a nice soap. I'm still a fan of Dove Soap for sensitive skin. Not much of a scent but has that nice clean smell. Actually I like the soap in the Green Parrot wrapper at the 7/11 store for just a few baht. It has a Nice soap smell too. Wow, now everyone knows my hygiene preferences.

Smiles
March 29th, 2008, 10:30
" ... I looked up the Hermes you suggested Hermes Terre D'Homme. Seems it does not exist on my suppliers list. They do offer a Hermes Terre D'Hermes ... "
Thanks for correcting the name Bing. I post here from an internet cafe and didn't think to bring a bottle so I'd get the name right. :blackeye:
When I posted that I had to think back to what that Hermes cologne was actually called ... my memory said "Terre D'Homme" (as it is a man's fragrance). But I got it wrong: "Terre D'Hermes" is correct, and my mistake.

Still my favourite though. I also hate schmoozing next to men (and women ... especially on a plane) who overload themselves with cologne. A l'il dab will do ya works just fine. These little bottles of fairly expensive liquids last me for years!

Cheers ...

March 29th, 2008, 11:47
The rare occasion when I wear a cologne, it's Davidoff's Cool Water. When it's time to replenish the supply it's somewhat hard to find, so I assumed it's not very popular, but when I wear it, bar boys seem to home in on the aroma and identify it correctly. And, no, I don't wear much -- I seem to be a bit like bing in that I wear just enough for my benefit, so the boys have to be in very close proximity to smell it. Which just now made me wonder: Do the boys catalog various scents to be able to seduce potential clients with flattery about their choice of fragrance?

TrongpaiExpat
March 29th, 2008, 12:39
Quite frequently I get in the smell range of some farang (often a Euro) that has this "natural body oder" and I have to resist the urge to gag. It's always a farang and you can see the look on the face of Thais in the smell range.

At my health club, there are several. There's showers, free soap and free towels. One I notice, arrives in gym clothes, works out, then after a shower he puts on the same sweat drenched clothes and walks home. The stink lingers in the air along his path. Sometimes I get in the stink path and some Thai thinks the funk is coming from me.