PDA

View Full Version : Raining time on Pattaya

March 28th, 2008, 21:20
M├йt├йo say it will rain the next 10 days at least, so, not easy to go beach or to know when to go outside.
What do you use to do when it rain like this last days ?
For the expats they can stay home, but for people in holidays ? do you still go gogo bar, massage shop or karaoke ?
What do you do during day time ?
Do you remember a so "sad" weather for a long ?

dave_tf-old
March 28th, 2008, 21:27
I'm not expat, but one choice is to simply wait it out. Rain I've experienced in Thailand was late afternoon-early evening thundershowers that lasted a couple of hours tops.

You could, if you're at Jomtien, go into Pattaya before the rains and have a leisurely supper, then step out when it's over.

Otherwise, take your umbrella or just wait around until it changes.

globalwanderer
March 28th, 2008, 21:45
Forecastfox says we'll get a few Thunderstorms mid week. Nothing to worry about. An hour at most probably... if they arrive

March 28th, 2008, 23:53
Do you remember a so "sad" weather for a long ?"It's raining men"?

globalwanderer
March 28th, 2008, 23:54

if only :)

catawampuscat
March 29th, 2008, 00:06
There is a water shortage in Pattaya and the rain is most welcome.
We are entering the dry hot season and it is several months until rainy season starts.
It would be great if it rained during Songkran and made the water throwing superfluous. :cat:

Dodger
March 29th, 2008, 02:04
Perfect timing.

That means it will be raining during my entire first week of holiday...and I know exactly what I'll be doing. Well, not exactly exactly I guess, but pretty close to exactly.

jolyjacktar
March 29th, 2008, 15:28
Looks like next week being my first one back in Thailand will be spent away from the beach if its predicted to rain.
Ill proberly sit out in bars and have fun till about 4am then sleep thru the day and rise about 5pm ready to start the next nights fun and games. So really the rain durring the day never bothers me. Walking street is still buzzing that time in the morning, nd always have fun with the ladyboys in there bar.
I only have 2 weeks so the night time is more important to me.
Cant wait till next weekend. Anyone want to meet for a drink somtime from 4th April ??

dab69
March 29th, 2008, 20:26
i adore a long walk in a light Thai rain drizzle...

March 30th, 2008, 01:21

Should that ever happen for real, there would be absolutely no chance of you landing on anyone Hommie dear,
would there? http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biggrinangel.gif

George

March 30th, 2008, 01:41
Should that ever happen for real, there would be absolutely no chance of you landing on anyone Hommie dear,
would there? Have I done something to offend you recently, George (I do hope so)?

March 30th, 2008, 08:45
Is this usual in Thailand for this time of year?