PDA

View Full Version : 1 reason to visit Los in April - Cheap fares!

Sen Yai
March 1st, 2006, 02:27
A friend tells me that Travelocity have tickets LHR-BKK rtn on TG for ┬г414.25. ThatтАЩs ┬г319.15 plus ┬г95.10 taxes. I suspect this is V or W class so only 50% FF points, but seems like a good deal and much lower than the price of ┬г578.10 (┬г483.00 plus ┬г95.10) on TGтАЩs site.

Visit Travelocity (http://www.travelocity.co.uk)

March 1st, 2006, 03:02
Not talking about April, but I found recently that I could get my next trip with my preferred carrier cheaper and with better connecting times form Expedia than the carrier's own site.

Expedia also have a good deal on my preferred hotel but you have to scratch.

Jetsam
March 1st, 2006, 03:56
I payed Euro 499,= for my AMS-BKK trip in may, that's with China Airlines in cattle class , not bad at all, but on top of that is Euro 138 Airport tax and Euro 20 for safety. wtf 138 euro tax :banghead: , in BKK it's only 500 bht (11 euro) when you leave.

March 1st, 2006, 06:24
the best website on the net for flights from london uk to bkkis
www.airlinenetwork.com (http://www.airlinenetwork.com)
particularly with flights by qatar air via doha
fares for 404 pounds including all taxes
airmiles also on this carrier and the planes are all new --- airbus 330

March 1st, 2006, 14:14
The best I have found from the states is EVA is newark-bkk evergreen delux for 1204US. Anyone find any better fares? This is for apr /may.

March 2nd, 2006, 21:43
Eva sounds a good price, but the de luxe service is not the same as it used to be. You really have to get seats near the window and window aisle to benefit in the new planes they have, whilst they are still bigger than economy, I found that the de luxe were full to capacity, whilst economy was basically only a quarter full on my flights, a gamble but probably more comfortable in economy with using up the empty seats.

With regard to fares, as someone pointed a while ago, maybe last year, fares this time of year are always cheap right up to "our summer" period, Malaysian Airlines were offering 240 pounds plus tax (London to KL) (the tax is a rip off I know and can be quite a considerable amount) to KL at this time of year. Im sure there are other deals and probably worth waiting for.

March 2nd, 2006, 22:24
On this site there are some Thai specials for the following months:

www.royalorchid.de/flu/flu_nav/fluind_tgspe.htm (http://www.royalorchid.de/flu/flu_nav/fluind_tgspe.htm)

If you click on the left, you will also see some really good value Business and First fares. Certainly for the TG921-TG920 this is excellent since they have the new configuration with much better seats. I do like Thai, sometimes it's a little bit more expensive, but the moment you board the plane, you already feel in Thailand. Also they are rated second in Skythrax worldwide airline quality survey as to cabin staff. As an airline they were seventh. But more importantly they rate very well in Economy, which isn't the case for all the other carriers that rate better. As for catering in Economy, they were number 1.