PDA

View Full Version : sex industry again

allieb
March 24th, 2008, 19:05
I bet the sex industry was brought on by farang as well :)

I think you will find that the sex industry has been there long before farangs discovered it and moved in.

sjaak327
March 24th, 2008, 19:12
I think you will find that the sex industry has been there long before farangs discovered it and moved in.

Of course ! I guess the sarcasm wasn't picked up by you, also note the smiley at the end, another sign that I wasn't being serious about that remark.

March 25th, 2008, 18:16
It is of course utter tosh to say that prostitution in Thailand is the work of foreigners.

It is much more valid to claim, however, that prostitution in the form of go-go-bars and fuck shows would not exist were it not for foreigners who seem to enjoy that kind of thing. The Thais have much more subtle taste when it comes to whoring: host/hostess bars, karaoke lounges, rub-a-dub massages...all rather tame by comparison.

March 26th, 2008, 00:05
It is of course utter tosh to say that prostitution in Thailand is the work of foreigners.

It is much more valid to claim, however, that prostitution in the form of go-go-bars and fuck shows would not exist were it not for foreigners who seem to enjoy that kind of thing. The Thais have much more subtle taste when it comes to whoring: host/hostess bars, karaoke lounges, rub-a-dub massages...all rather tame by comparison.

Absolutely correct,

But the end result is always the same, only the pay seems to differ!

sjaak327
March 26th, 2008, 02:22
Talk about taking something out of context, the first three posts were from a thread about Thais not liking farangs, that thread is decimated, strange.

jinks
March 26th, 2008, 03:48
Talk about taking something out of context, the first three posts were from a thread about Thais not liking farangs, that thread is decimated, strange.

When threads go off topic and they are easy to split off this type of thread is created.

March 26th, 2008, 04:24
It is much more valid to claim, however, that prostitution in the form of go-go-bars and fuck shows would not exist were it not for foreigners who seem to enjoy that kind of thing.

You almost sound as if foreigners have some sort of control over what Thais allow or don't allow in their own country. The fact is that go go bars and fuck shows exist because Thai people don't have the same level of suppressed hang ups over sex as we do in the West. If fuck shows and go go bars were legal in the West, they would be just as lucrative, probably even more so. But the reason we don't have them is because the powers who decide these things find them immoral and distasteful.

Should Thailand ever take the same approach, they would be gone in a flash, but the fact is that they don't. The Thais choose for themselves whether they exist or not. We don't. We have no say in the matter. It's not our country.

March 26th, 2008, 04:39
It is much more valid to claim, however, that prostitution in the form of go-go-bars and fuck shows would not exist were it not for foreigners who seem to enjoy that kind of thing.

You almost sound as if foreigners have some sort of control over what Thais allow or don't allow in their own country. The fact is that go go bars and fuck shows exist because Thai people don't have the same level of suppressed hang ups over sex as we do in the West. If fuck shows and go go bars were legal in the West, they would be just as lucrative, probably even more so. But the reason we don't have them is because the powers who decide these things find them immoral and distasteful.

Should Thailand ever take the same approach, they would be gone in a flash, but the fact is that they don't. The Thais choose for themselves whether they exist or not. We don't. We have no say in the matter. It's not our country.

Be careful maroonedmind, your posts will soon start to offend certain members here, you speak far too much common sense than they normally feel comfortable with. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

Choc Dee MM and by the way, I totally agree with your comments. That fact probably wont make you too many friends, either. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

George.

Brad the Impala
March 26th, 2008, 04:40

When threads go off topic and they are easy to split off this type of thread is created.

All threads go off topic sooner or later, it's called discussion, and it's also what happens in a normal conversation. Threads engender a life of their own. The cut and paste and lock method of moderating is a disincentive for discussion.

March 26th, 2008, 04:49

All threads go off topic sooner or later, it's called discussion, and it's also what happens in a normal conversation. Threads engender a life of their own. The cut and paste and lock method of moderating is a disincentive for discussion.

I couldn't agree more Brad. I have just returned home after three days and can't believe what is going on here with some of the threads or why. Many locked, many moved and some I was reading before I went away, are no longer even here, including my own thread: Paedophiles, Go Go bars in Sunee and, underage boy workers. You or anyone else wouldn't happen to know the reason for that would you?

I have sent a pm and an email inquiring as to the above, but so far no response. However, in fairness to Spike and jinks, they were only sent in the last few hours.

Thanks Brad,

George.

sjaak327
March 26th, 2008, 14:34

Exactly, I just made the sex industry remark, because I made it clear with other examples, that farang people have next to nothing in the way of influence in Thai society. It wasn't even remotely off topic. Then someone comes in who misses the sarcasm intended by that particular remark, and tries to explain that the remark was off mark, of course it was :) that was the intention.

latintopxxx
March 26th, 2008, 16:31
Well if the farangs introduced the sex industry/prostitution the Thais have most certainly improved it dramatically, where else in the world (no where as far as I know) can one walk off the street to watch a full on acrobatic fuck show, buy an impossibly gorgeous boy off the stage for less than a 3 course meal in amsterdam and spend the rest of the night riding him like the whore he is....and go back the very next night and repeat the whole process with a different service provider....just love this place.