PDA

View Full Version : think about this

March 22nd, 2008, 05:30
"sorry, but I don`t like Farangs! Only because your money have, believe do you, it can everything possess? I believe that you destroy our culture with your Lifestyle!"
!
from gayromeo, think about it, is it racist, no it dont think so, but an eye opener yes

March 22nd, 2008, 05:48
"sorry, but I don`t like Farangs! Only because your money have, believe do you, it can everything possess? I believe that you destroy our culture with your Lifestyle!"

Well funny enough I agree with you. I think that falang are changing the country irreparably but I also think there is probably little that can be done about it, it is happening all over the world. It's unfortunate and I really hate the influence of the west and those falang who come here and want everything to be as it is at home, and who try to impose their western sensibilities and morality on the country. That's why I agreed in a different thread that people should visit Burma before the influence of the west becomes rampant there.

Money? It's not me who is keen on spending money here, it is Thais who seem incredibly keen to take it off me. In many situations where in my home country money is not an issue, it is here. I love Thailand it's a beautiful and interesting country and in general the people are a delight to be around. Yes the influence of money which comes mainly from the west is also destroying the culture but then if the Thai government tried to help the people of Thailand, to provide all with basic healthcare/schooling/housing and satisfying work that might be useful too.

Many times I have stayed in villages and wanted to be treated in the same way as a Thai but it is almost impossible, Thais won't allow it to happen.

March 22nd, 2008, 06:37
now i love you all, tillable storm here, well Raksikiam, I feel nothing against you, sometimes i dont agree with you sometome i doo,. let us just be friends.,
PS i will still not stop when i think upu are cracy, jeje

dave_tf-old
March 22nd, 2008, 08:33
No...I don't think it's racist, but it is prejudiced thinking, and the flip-side of what crops up in so many discussions about Thai.

I don't deny that such thinking is easier on the brain cells or that it doesn't spring from some deep individual interpretation of experience (his own or of others), but it's sad and wrong-headed.

If he's talking about the west in general, then its as much a political statement as anything and echoes sentiments of a fair number of westerners about our own cultures. If he's talking about westerners in Thailand, it carries more weight than 'our' complaints, because it is his country and culture he's concerned with.

In either case, he is not here so whatever lecture I could give him would be more wasted than any I might deliver to 'us'--which are wasted enough.

March 22nd, 2008, 11:05

Well funny enough I agree with you. I think that falang are changing the country irreparably but I also think there is probably little that can be done about it, it is happening all over the world. It's unfortunate and I really hate the influence of the west and those falang who come here and want everything to be as it is at home, and who try to impose their western sensibilities and morality on the country. That's why I agreed in a different thread that people should visit Burma before the influence of the west becomes rampant there.

Money? It's not me who is keen on spending money here, it is Thais who seem incredibly keen to take it off me. In many situations where in my home country money is not an issue, it is here. I love Thailand it's a beautiful and interesting country and in general the people are a delight to be around. Yes the influence of money which comes mainly from the west is also destroying the culture but then if the Thai government tried to help the people of Thailand, to provide all with basic healthcare/schooling/housing and satisfying work that might be useful too.

Many times I have stayed in villages and wanted to be treated in the same way as a Thai but it is almost impossible, Thais won't allow it to happen.

Well I have ween talking more to this guy becausae I was very interresting in his views. His anwers made me think he is not a racist. . I hope IUwill stiil have contact to him, not about sex, but to look into eact other eyes. But infact i understand him, seeing, fat and old farangs using, and used. I have seen it and it is almost a comedy to se this guys together. Well it is the fauilt of the farangs or the thai community who allows it? where it the pride, I think he has it, but also on a way that Thailand is changing.

dab69
March 22nd, 2008, 11:39
doubt if they don't like farangs.

I am sure it's "don't like old fat smelly farangs".

March 22nd, 2008, 20:59
What I can see is that westeners have destroyed Land of Smile from the Vietnam war and uptil now. So viewing the past through rose-tinted spectacles is not just a Western phenomenon then? On that view Thailand was a veritable Garden of Eden until nasty Farang Adam came along. A nice story but on a par with other idylls of the Noble Savage

March 22nd, 2008, 23:48

Looking at it from a Thai point of view, I think this statement is perfectly understandable. That doesn't mean I necessarily agree with it, but I can understand his point and why he might think it. I also think that this view is a lot more widespread in Thailand than we like to believe.

March 23rd, 2008, 00:09
Well I will keep up the conversation, to learn more, and tell him about my thoughts.Why waste your time on a lost cause?

March 23rd, 2008, 00:14
homeintern

Sometimes you have a funny oneliners

But in fact I think we can change the way we look at eachother, when we explain and discuss,

Happe Easter or what the hell it is ;)

March 23rd, 2008, 00:19
But in fact I think we can change the way we look at each other, when we explain and discussI agree that that is sometimes true. However from everything you have said I infer that this guy's mind is slammed shut

March 23rd, 2008, 06:19
hom, maybe you are correct Iwill think about it

btw. who the hell stoled my carma I had 9 before, now I have nothing 555++++ :colors: