PDA

View Full Version : Raft bungalows and Looking For Off The beaten Track Ideas

February 28th, 2006, 10:19
Next trip I'll be spending my entire 4 weeks with ladyboy special.

Am looking for some ideas of where to go. We both like Ko Samet so will probably go there for a week. Was thinking of taking a 3 day foot massage course at Wat Po. Nice thing is you can just show up any morning and start while the school in Chiang Mai has a more rigid schedule.

Was also thinking of staying at a raft bungalow. Can anyone recommend one? I'm looking for a great value and great deal, it can be high end or low end.

Found Paddle Asia kayaking in Khao Sak intriguing, and at first glance sounds cheap at 360 USD for three days two nights.
But times 2 it's really 720 USD for a 1000 baht room, kayaks, transport, and lots of handholding.
http://paddleasia.com/destinations/khao_sok.htm

Was thinking of Angor but sounds like a major project, she doesn't have a passport yet, and we'd be going to a country where neither of us know the language. I'm not big on site seeing but would consider it if it's really a mindblowing eighth wonder of the world.

I also like unique lodging with great views and have found some awesome rooms in the past at extremely reasonable prices. Will be here in late June and July so am probably best off staying away from the Phuket side otherwise I'd try some Andaman island hopping tours.

Anyone have any ideas?

Dboy
February 28th, 2006, 11:16
in Mae Hong Son...

Check out the different "cottage" choices from the left side of screen. I've never been to this place, but it looks really cool (if you're into the rustic thing).

http://www.soppong.com/index.html

Dboy

kjun12
February 28th, 2006, 20:08
Dboy, many thanks for the tip on Sopong. I think you may have supplied me with a high point on my March-April trip to Thailand. This place sounds great.

Dboy
March 10th, 2006, 11:00
Please tell me (and the rest of us) how it went . I'll be in Thailand in April, but only a few days up north.

Dboy